Will You Marry Me?

The Nerd & The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“WHAT??? MARRIED?? DAD!! ARE YOU JOKING?” I shouted at my dad with English in his big & luxurious office, still can’t believe what I’ve heard.

 

“I’m not kidding, you will turn 20 in 2 months, it’s the best age to get married, plus I have the perfect match for you. So, prepare yourself today, you will meet him tonight. 7PM at Mind and Soul restaurant. You two will have dinner, for not knowing each other before.” He still staying calmly and talking like making a plan for his workers, his doll! I’m not his doll!

 

“But Dad, You can’t do this to me!! I already accepted what you planned for me since I was in kindergarten! You asked me to be the best student in school, I DID! You asked me to attend Piano lessons which I hate so much, I DID! You asked me to go to International Art & Music University in London which almost killed me by those crazy students, I DID! You asked me to learn that weird violin, I DID! And NOW you asked me to get married in the next 2 months!! For God Sake! Mr. Lee Jae Hyung ! I’M NOT YOUR DOLL!!!” I shouted like crazy and guess what? I just received a chuckle from him.


“Calm down Lee Jung Rin, you don’t need to speak in English & yelled like that, this old man still understand Korean okay?” He said in English and start talking in Korean again “Who said that you’re my doll? You are my lovely daughter. Yes, all that you said are right. You’re a good girl that always listened to what her dad said, like now… You will do what I’ve told you and you already knew right? that all I asked you to do is for your own good. So, stop yelling. Just go, do anything you want, shopping, go to saloon, makes yourself satisfied, and be a nice & beautiful princess tonight.” He ended his sentence as I feel like want jump on him and slap him. Fine, I can’t do that, so here I am, outside from his office, walking slowly.

 

My name is Lee Jung Rin, forget that Lee. I hate to use that. My English name is April. My dad is Canadian and my Mom was Korean. I was born in Seoul, South Korea, but as I said, my BELOVED dad sent me to London to that International University. Now I get my summer break, so I come back to Canada as he asked me to, and never thought would receive my dad's big announcement! Sigh.. Actually the University isn’t that bad, just… I don’t like art and music. You might be thinking what weird girl I am, yes… I do listening to music on my iPod often. But I’m not those types that wish to learn about how music can be created, how to make a nice art. Hello! I get my mom’s hobby, I love studying! I love Math! I love chemistry! So, can see the BIG different? I still wondering how my Mom fell in love with my weird dad. Just if my Mom still alive, she died from cancer when I was 3 years old. BIG SIGH! Now, I'm walking out from my dad's huge office, and all of his workers always bow when they meet me. I don’t need that. They do things like that to gain attention from me, it doesn't work with me! I better runaway and never come back! ………………… WAIT! Why I don’t do that? Yes, I’m going to runaway, so I wouldn’t get married with another weird guy that my dad planned on me! Yes! I’ll go to airport now.

 

-The other side-

 

“I’m not going to do that! ANDWAE!” He shouted at his dad.

 

“But… why? I mean, you don’t have a girlfriend at all, you just playing along with those girls. You will turn to 29 soon.” His dad answering.

 

“I will be okay without that girl you planned to be my wife. So, OFFICIALY I REJECTED YOUR PLAN!” He said, smirk to his dad and going out from his office with his bad boy walking style. His dad sigh and suddenly his phone rings.

 

“Yes… Uhmm… Yes, Mr. Lee.. I’ve told him just now. He rejected.” His dad said, sadly.

 

“Don’t worry, I know what's your son and my daughter habit. They will meet soon, not in here. Somewhere in this world. The other line said.

 

“Really ? But how?” confusedly asked back.

 

“I’m sure both of them are on their way to running away from Canada, I’ll makes sure they take the same plan, same destination. Then other things, we’ll discuss later.” Mr. Lee explained.

 

“Hahahah~~ I get it Mr. Lee… See you soon!” He hung up the phone.

 

-Jung Rin’s side-

 

She leaved her car at parking area and go find taxi.

 

“Toronto Pearson International Airport please.” She said.

 

“Airport ? No luggage?” the driver asks her.

 

“=___=‘ Toronto Pearson International Airport please… Now!” She sighed, and the driver follows what she said.

 

When arriving the airport, she paid the taxi and going inside. Walking excitedly to the information corner.

 

“Excuse me , I want to take a flight in less than one hour.” Jung Rin said.

 

“Where will be your destination Miss?” The girl asked her.

 

“Umm, whatever! I just want to leave Canada, LESS THAN ONE HOUR!” She replies.

 

“Okay, lemme check first. A minute miss.” The girl said. Jung Rin just give okay sign. While waiting for that girl checking about the schedule, she's seeking around, whether she find her dad’s men who will come to her and arrest her to come home. She won’t let that happen!

 

“Omo, is it Young Saeng? What's he doing here?? He should be in London?” She mumbled slowly while looking to a gorgeous guy who standing not far away from her, awing his appearance with his luxurious glasses, and black warm scarf around his neck. Before she fall more for that guy, someone should wake her up.

 

“Miss, the next closest flight is to South Korea, is it okay? It will take off in next 45 minutes” the girl asked.

 

“Umm, Seoul! Great! My dad will never think I back to Seoul!” She said in her mind, and grin.. “Great, I’ll take that!” She smile, bought the ticket, and directly go to the waiting room.

 

“Here your ticket sir, have a fun flight.” Another girl said in information corner.

 

“Thank you miss, you’re so sweet.” Young Saeng gives his famous dimple smirks smile, and goes to the waiting room.

 

 

-IN THE PLANE-

 

Jung Rin is sitting near the window and makes sure she leave Canada, Ottawa “his-dad-empire” safely, and still seeking around if someone following her. Suddenly something or maybe someone catch her attention. A guy who is sitting in front of her.

 

“Wait Miss, can you give me blanket? It’s so cool here. If you can’t, just come here and hugs me whole trip.” A guy said and makes Jung Rin’s rolled her eyes.

 

“ert!” she mumbled. When the stewardess walked away, that guy turn back and saw Jung Rin.

 

“Excuse me, what did you s…” He stopped when he saw Jung Rin’s face. “A…April?? What you doing here?” He asked.

 

“Forget that you ever saw me here, and now turn back, also pretend to not know me.” Jung Rin whispering.

 

“What the….” He mumbled and turn back as her command.

 

“He won’t mess up my runaway plan. No, HE CAN’T” Jung Rin’s mind.

 

“She won’t mess up my runaway plan. No, SHE CAN’T” Young Saeng’s mind.

 

 

-IN OTHER SIDE-

 

“Yes, they have taken flight to Seoul Sir…. Yes, same flight. Even he sit in front of her…. Okay. You’re welcome.” A guy hung up the phone. In the other line.

 

“See? I’ve planned all of it. Haha. Let’s see what they will do if they found out more “SURPRISES” hahahaha~~” one man said sitting in his lounge.

 

“You’re so full of plans. Give you thumbs up. If you really can control your daughter, why you don’t want to ask her directly to get married?” his friend asked.

 

“I love her. I don’t want to push her to get married with someone don’t love her, and she don’t love. And now, I'm just trying to match her with your son, because I know he likes her, and she likes him, but in kindergarten, they always fought in class. Hahaha. We always make them go to the same school and now let’s see if my feelings is right or wrong.” He chuckled.

 

“Hah, you’re right~ So, tell me if you have something important. I’m going now.” His friends said & leaved.

 

-INCHEON AIRPORT-

 

The plane is landed. Other passengers slowly get out from the plane. After the long time sitting, Jung Rin stand up and stretch her back and neck. Then back to her seat, put all her books in her small bags, and pulled off her thick stylist glasses and ready to walks out, until . . .

 

“Never get tired of books huh?” Young Saeng said with his eyes close and ear phone still plug in his ear connect with his apple iPod still sitting in his seat.

 

“Never get enough of music huh?” Jung Rin asking back with her hands on her chest. Young Saeng pull out his ear phone, put in his big hand bag, and stand.

 

“Come on, music is so interesting. Why you never believed me?” He said.

 

“I never said that I getting bored with music right? Just I’m not interested in it. You go with your music, I’ll go with my books. That’s our way.” She said and walks away.

 

“Sigh! It has been 15 years, and she's still the same!” Young Saeng sighed and following Jung Rin, get out from the plane.

 

“Saengie~~ >_< Even he’s so gorgeous until I can’t breathe. I need to stop myself. He’s a player! Remember that Jung Rin!” Jung Rin said in her mind and rushing to find hotel as soon as possible. Her eyes sneaking around until she finds the name plagues for travel agency. In the same time, same place, and same minute.

 

“Excuse me, can I find the most infamous hotel now?” Jung Rin and Young Saeng said together in perfect Korean language, and makes the girl,who sitting there,confused.

 

“April! Stop following me, I’m not joking.” He said.

 

“Yah! Heo Young Saeng! You’re the one who did that! So, stop it!” Jung Rin yelled back.

 

“Stop calling my name like that! I’m on my runaway mission you know!” Young Saeng said calmly while cover Jung Rin’s mouth with his palm.

 

“O… Okay. Okay, I got it. Let me go!” Jung Rin said nervously as she never been that close with him.

 

“So, can we get what we said before?” Young Saeng asked politely.

 

“Yes, the most infamous hotel, but also have a nice views and rooms, is _______ Hotel. Here’s the brochure and the address plus the phone number. You can go straightly there by taking the bus at the airport bus stop. Hope it will help.” the girl said, smilingly look at Young Saeng.

 

“Thank you Miss… You..” Young Saeng’s killer smile is interrupted…

 

“You’re so sweet. I’m getting tired of it. =____=’” Jung Rin said and walk away, left Young Saeng standing there motionless, then he chases Jung Rin after realizing that the brochure is taken by her.

 

“Give it back to me! I need it!” Young Saeng yell.

 

“I need it more than you!” Jung Rin reply and keep walking.

 

“Okay, if you don’t want to give me. I’ll go there with you.” Young Saeng said suddenly and makes Jung Rin stop.

 

“Fine! I don’t mind If I got a free bodyguard.” She chuckled and walks toward the bus stop. Never thought that her college mate since she was in kindergarten until in London can be with her in her runaway trip.

 

After get in the bus, Young Saeng sitting beside Jung Rin, do his habit, listening to his iPod while Jung Rin, reading her books with her thick stylist glasses.

 

“Umm, what you running from?” Young Saeng asked still with his eyes closed.

 

“Me?” Jung Rin said and point to herself.

 

“Of course you April, you thought I was day dreaming?”

 

“Stop call me April, we’re not in London now. Call me Jung Rin.” Jung Rin sigh.

 

“You want me to call you that name? Be my girlfriend, than I’ll call you whatever you want.” Young Saeng blurt out.

 

“As your wish! I will never be one of your girl collection toys! Ever.” She said and back to her book.

 

“I’m joking, come on~ Tell me what makes you runaway?” Young Saeng pouting which can’t refuse by anyone. Jung Rin stared at him and sighed.

 

“Saengie ah… ”  Jung Rin sighed and lay her head on Young Saeng's shoulder. “Can I trust you?”

 

“Of course, you’re my girl since you’re 5 years old” Young Saeng blurt out and received a glance from Jung Rin who pull off her head from his shoulder.

 

“I mean, my girl… My best best friend okay? =___=’” Young Saeng said and pull back Jung Rin’s head to his shoulder. “Tell me…” he rubbed her hair slowly.

 

“My dad… Plan a marriage things for me.” Finally she blurt out. “You know since my mom died, he always asked me to do stuff which I didn’t like to. I always accepted it, because he is my father. Now, I'm almost 20. He ruined my life again by planning those stupid marriage things!” She start sobbing.

 

“I know April… I know…” Young Saeng shock awhile. “How?? I mean… My dad also planning a marriage for me… How could be??? …” He think in his mind, and try to comfort her by rubbed her hair slowly. He really understand her feelings.

 

He was the only guy who can be friends with her by her dad permission, because their Dads are good friends. Even when in high school she couldn’t approve a guy who liked her because of her dad. The only guy can be close with her is Young Saeng. He already realize that he like her since in kindergarten, when they start their teenager life, he can’t hold on anymore with the guy who got close to her and luckily her dad only let him to be with her. So he feels like starstruck when heard about her dad planning a marriage for Jung Rin. “How could her dad do that? The only one who can marry her is me! #@%&&$#&*(%$@@#%+*%*^$##!!!!” he said again in his mind.

 

“You'd asked to do that stuff which you hate because of me. I.. I’m sorry for that. I know you hate me. I already messed up your life.” He said, he can’t confess to her. He can’t say that for this whole time that he only love her. Because he know Jung Rin hate him so much. Even now, she hates him more because of his player habit.

 

“Umm… No… it’s not your fault. I don’t hate you, who said I did? At least, you’re the only friend who's standing by my side until now.” She said, wiping away her tears.

 

“Jjinja?? Anyway… Who’s the lucky guy? I mean, who is the lucky guy your dad chose for you?” Young Saeng asked.

 

“Umm.. I don’t know. I don’t even know his name, I went straight away when my dad told me that.” She answers and looks back to Young Saeng. “How about you, what you running away from?”

 

“Same like you… My dad, planning a marriage things.” He answer with a no expression look.

 

“Jjinjja??” Jung Rin looks back with shock expression.

 

“Hmm, yeah… but without heard who, I also runaway. Seems like the faith come between us.” He said & smile. Not that famous dimple smirk but a really deep smile.

 

“Stop do that lovey dovey things! We already arrive!” Jung Rin said in a rush and stand up, ready to get off from the bus. Young Saeng just smile and follow her.

 

1 Week passed and both of them finally find a job in a small restaurant as a chef and sometimes a waiter & a waitress. They're living like a couple together in one room, everyone thought they are a couple, since they checked in that hotel as a couple that just married. Plus they also get closer day by day. So, they were thinking about rent a small house as the hotel fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter