Dating Lesson

The Social Ladder

 

 

"Ah...so that's why!" V clapped his hands, his expression was brighter than ever. He looked much more like a 5-year-old who was full of questions and burning with curiosity. 

"So remember that. Okay?" Yoon Hee took a seat at the BTS table, not realizing that the others were intently watching them. V sat opposite to Yoon Hee, putting his tray of food on the stone cold cafeteria table. "Oooh, you guys are best friends or what now?" J-Hope teased as the rest chuckled at V's antics. Just a few days ago he was a total anti of Yoon Hee but now he was with her 24/7. "Hyung, I won't mess with me if I were you," V hissed. His sharp gaze was back again. J-Hope raised both of his hands, as if surrendering after commiting a deadly crime. 

"Whoa, what's with the atmosphere?" Jungkook voiced out as he too just arrived. Soojin parted ways with him, excusing herself to go and sit with her friends. "Looks like V's not the only one dating here..." Jimin mumbled in an almost inaudible voice. "You're going out with her?" Suga asked. "No, we're just friends, hyung. Wait, is V hyung dating that Namjoo girl?" Jungkook inquired back. 

"Are you sure that you're just friends with her? Maybe you should ask a girl's opinion. Like Yoon Hee. She's been helping V out a lot on girls lately," Jin bluntly said. "She had?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows. He find the matter quite intriguing considering that they lived under the same roof, yet alone the same room, and he felt like he was growing distant from her. He didn't even know about V. Maybe he was spending too much time with Soojin after all.

"No way, Jungkook. Yoon Hee's mine. Go find another love guru," V shoved him off while slurping on his cold noodles. "I never knew you cared that much for Yoon Hee, V. It just touched my heart to see you treating her nicely," RapMon faked wiping his invisible tears at the corner of his left eye. Suga covered his mouth with his hand, trying to sustain a laughter.

"Are you guys going for another session of dating lesson today?" Jungkook asked suddenly. Yoon Hee nodded, her ponytail that was tied with a fuchsia ribbon bounced along. "I wanna come too, then," he stated. Yoon Hee was confused and a bit shocked, but V was the one who opposed. "No way! I'm not going to let you see me learning all those."

"He even shooed me," Jimin commented. The truth was V was slightly embarassed by the fact that he absolutely know nothing about girls or dating or anything in between. He mustered up a whole lot of courage to even confess to Yoon Hee about him not having any dates before or the fact that he was a loser when it came to relationships. There was no way he was going to let the maknae knew about his 'lack of knowledge or skills.'

 

L stared at them. He was feeling uneasy lately. Maybe it was because his plan to make Yoon Hee suffer failed miserably. Maybe it was because she was having a lot more friends than he thought. He sighed. How could a diva brat like her put up without fame and money? She was heading beyond his expectations.

"L, you're not eating?" Sunggyu asked. L shifted his gaze to his hyung and shook his head slowly. He was brought back to his senses, back to the world he was living in. The endless chatter of his friends and the sound of the metal chopsticks clanking against the porcelain bowls could be heard clearly.

"What's up with Yoon Hee anyways? She's suddenly becoming the new queen bee of those gangsters now and no one dares to mess with her," Bora suddenly spoke up. "And those gangsters are becoming more popular everyday," Woohyun agreed. "Tell me about it. I mean how could a person who couldn't even graduate get the lead in the play that I've been in since I was a freshman?" Sungyeol was still displeased.

"Oh, get over it," Tiffany was uninterested in his choding actions. "You have a kiss scene with that !" Sungyeol retaliated. His girlfriend just rolled her eyes, obviously tired with his never ending complaints.

"Aren't you going to do something about it?" Bora nudged Sohee who had been silent about the whole Yoon Hee thing. Ever since she declared war, Sohee literally stayed still and didn't launch any 'attacks.' Instead, L interrupted. "We've been too quiet. It's time to shake things up a little."

"What do you have in mind?" Hoya perked up. 

"You'll see," L smirked in satisfaction. He was ready to ship Yoon Hee and BTS back to the bottom.

 

"Just do it," V instructed. Jungkook furiously messed his hair, not understanding why should he comply. Nevertheless, he walked up to Yoon Hee and stood by her. V took his place and sat on the grass at their school garden under the maple tree. The leaves on it were turning into shades of autumn colours - red, orange and brown - marking the start of the fall season. He had his usual huge grin plastered on his face as he motioned for Yoon Hee to continue her 'dating' lessons.

Yoon Hee faked a cough before continuing, "So as I was saying, when you are walking with her, your hands would naturally touch each other like this." She and Jungkook took a few steps, displaying what Yoon Hee had mentioned earlier. "So, you would just grab her hand boldly like this," her action followed as she held Jungkook's hand.

"You expect me to hold her hand on our first date?!" V blinked innocently. "Listen here, mister.  Other people even kiss on their first date and no one made a big deal out of it. It's not like you just met her," she stated the obvious. Seeing this, Jungkook chuckled slightly. How could the cool, bad-tempered hyung he knew was so hopeless at this?

"Yah! You shut up! You should be thankful I allowed you here," V pointed a finger to him, as if trying to warn the younger. Jungkook tried to hold back his laughter by his back hand when he realized that their hands were still in contact with each other. He exchanged looks with Yoon Hee who seemed to have just realized the same thing. They awkwardly let go, their hands were flailing, not knowing where to put.

Yoon Hee who was now a little bit distracted by the skinship earlier took a couple steps back only to misstep on V's backpack laying on the ground, causing her to slip. As if they were shooting a movie, time slowed down as V's eyes bulged in panic while Jungkook's fast reflex carried his legs to where she was. His arms automatically spread out, catching the latter. In time, Yoon Hee landed in his embrace, just enough for her not fall on her back to the ground. 

The two stayed in that position, both were still trying to process what had happened - or what was still happening. Jungkook blinked innocently as he felt his whole body just froze in that position. He did not knew how he had never noticed this before but Yoon Hee had the most beautiful eyes that just literally sparkled. They were perfectly almond-shaped and her long lashes that battled made her look demure. He also noticed her rosy cheeks which were burning hot.

The most important detail was - her lips. It was smooth and soft, not chapped. For no reason, he was urged to kiss her. He leaned in closer, closer, and...

"Jungkook!" a voice echoed through his ears, shattering the perfect moment. Jungkook and Yoon Hee break apart while V squinted his eyes to recognize the identity of the visage skipping towards them amidst the brightly shining sunlight.

"Oh, you're here too unnie! V oppa too! Annyeonghaseyo!" the girl bowed deeply. "What are you doing here Soojin?" Jungkook asked, trying to sound as normal as possible. "I thought we're going to the mall today. You promised to accompany me to buy a present for my cousin, right?" she cocked her head to the side a little. Unknowingly, Yoon Hee scoffed at the latter, thinking that Soojin was purposely pouring aegyo in front of Jungkook. 

"Right," he muttered. "Then let's hurry up! My cousin is leaving for Jeju Island tomorrow!" she whined, excitedly urged Jungkook to move. Her arm was locking with his as she dragged him out of the scene. Jungkook was still bewildered from the 'lesson' earlier but he had no choice but to oblige.

When the two completely disappeared from sight, V spoke up, "Thanks for the lesson. But it seems like you need one too." Startled, she looked up at V who was standing only a few inches away. His words made her wonder; was she starting to have feelings for Jungkook?