Seungri High

The Social Ladder

 

 

It was another day of school, the first starting day after a long summer holiday. Students were shuffling into the school, some skateboard their way, some came on bikes while those fortunate ones fancily parked their Audis or Lamborghinis. 

Jeon Jungkook, sophomore of Seungri High walked into the school with his head hung down, simply because he hated school. To put it worse, high school was probably the worst period of time one could have. He sloppily passed the group of people talking and laughing wholeheartedly. His radar caught the sight of Infinite, the highest top ranking guys in the school. 

Were they smart? Well, some. Were they athletic? Well, few. But the reason that made them the best out of the best was indeed money. Status, family background, all those craps that people nowadays cared. 

Jungkook glanced at them as they were talking happily, not bothering to care that new freshman who wanted to walk at the lane they were blocking. How inconsiderate, he thought. He just scoffed and shrugged it off since the last thing he wanted to was to get invovled with them.

"Jungkook!" a voice startled Jungkook from his own thoughts. He turned to his side and found Jin, who parked his motorbike just right next to L's Lamborghini. Like literally, just by an inch apart. Jungkook just chuckled, thinking that obviously Jin did that on purpose.

Jin fluttered to Jungkook, all dressed not so neatly. His tie was not properly worn, his shirt was half tucked in, half not. Bad much?

"Yah!" someone yelled furiously, and as expected it was L. His yell caught attention of the whole school as the students who were walking abruptly stopped.

Jin on the other hand just mumbled, "Here we go again," and turned to L with an expressionless look.

"Where do you think you're parking your bike?" L walked over to Jin and Jungkook with the rest of Infinite following from behind.

"Uh, at the parking lot?" Jin tilted his head in sarcasm. He was used to this over-sensitive attitude.

L scoffed and threw a punch at Jin. No notice, no sign, just out of nowhere, BAM! The whole school gasped in fear but they were aware of L's tenacity. Jungkook tried to punch L back but he was stopped by Jin. 

Jin wiped the blood dripping from the curve of his lips with his blazer, not caring if he would damage his uniform or not.

"What? That's all you got?" Jin retorted. He was not backing down as usual.

"You're sure? I don't want someone unimportant as you limping back home on his first day of school," L hissed.

Jin was about to gave one of his brilliant remarks but the arrival of the school's principal stopped him from doing so. Everyone resumed their activities earlier as if nothing happened. So did Jin and Jungkook. They knew even if they tried to argue that L was at fault, the principal would always say otherwise. He was not just biased, well what could you do when L's father owned the school?

This went the same with any teacher. It was such a shame that the morale and integrity of being a teacher was completely disregarded. All because of power and money. Of course some felt guilty, especially the substitute ones but they soon became immune to all this.

 

Yoon Hee put all her belongings in her locker. She was starting off this semester as a junior, and yet that didn't weaken her power. This high school was like a little kingdom for her and her minions to reign. She was known for her perfect looks and overflowing wealth, in fact her dad owned the school.

Well so did L's father. They were business partners for the W company, the biggest marketing company in Seoul. Yoon Hee and L were famous as the power couple, the it couple, you name it. They were indestructible, no hater could even get close to them without going through Infinite or the 4D's.

"Yoon Hee!" a girl with long wavy black hair smiled winsomely at her while waving. She flurried toward her with two other girls behind her, one wearing Nike sneakers and the other wearing an outfit worth to be sold on e-bay.

Yoon Hee closed her locker with a bang and reunited with her so-called best friends. "Hey!" she greeted in the same manner.

"Ugh I couldn't believe you're wearing that on our first day of school," she pointed to the sneakers her friend was wearing.

"Oh, like you don't know Bora. She won't listen to me when I said I would give my shoes instead," Sohee rolled her eyes. 

"Guys, wearing sneakers is cool okay. When I make it cool, everyone says it's cool," Bora chimed in.

"I think that's my role," Sohee declared. She was indeed the school's fashionista. Who knew how much improvations she had done to her uniform? Well, she's gifted, being the daughter of the famous designer, Ahn Mina must've earned her all the brains and know-hows in fashion.

"Guys, acting camp was just soo tiring. God, I think I'll just sleep in class today," Tiffany voiced out her opinion. Not that they could care less.

"Pfft, all that because of some guy who looked like Lee Jong Suk," Bora retorted.

Tiffany playfully hit Bora's arm and she winced a bit. Yoon Hee raised an eyebrow and questioned, "What happened to Sungyeol?"

"Oh, he's like the eternal boyfriend. That guy is just a summer fling. You know, but don't tell him," Tiffany put her index finger on her lips slyly.

"Ugh I wish I was the daughter of a famous actor," Bora sarcastically quipped, "Then everyone would be all over me."

"Uh yeah right. Guys in our class were all drooling when you tied up your hair and did your morning stretches," Sohee commented.

"Well I guess I am kind of hot," the four girls laughed. They met each other last year and well let's just say their status cliqued them together.

 

The bell for the first class rang, disturbing the girls' conversation. They all linked arm to arm and walked to class together with fake smiles plastered on their faces, making everyone that they passed by envy of their perfect friendship.

"Can they be even more hateful?" Suga rolled his eyes. He was talking to V at his locker when suddenly the 4D's walked pass them.

"Tell me about it. They should name themselves the 4 Deadly Devils instead," V quipped. Suga laughed at his dongsaeng's witty remark.

"Hyung, I'll get going to class then. Meet the guys later at the usual spot cause Jungkook is going to fill in all the details of this morning," V bid his hyung goodbye and strided to his class.

"Okay!" Suga made his way to his own class. He walked inside where he spotted J-Hope and RapMon sitting at their seats at the very end of the class near the window.

"Yo!" he greeted them. Suga took a seat in front of them causing the guy who was already seated as his desk partner to move. He must've felt...uncomfortable.

Minutes later, their class teacher came inside the class, silencing all the chattering. He took out the attendance book and called out the students' name.

"Jang Dongwoo."

"Ne."

"Jung Hoseok."

"Ne."

"Kim Namjoon."

"Ne."

"Kim Sunggyu."

"Ne."

"Min Yoongi."

"Ne."

"Nam Woohyun."

"Ne."

The teacher continued his next agenda which was to appoint the class monitor. Opposite to living in a democracy world, he already set his mind of who he wanted to appoint; Kim Sunggyu. Everyone clapped their hands and Sunggyu stood up and bowed repeteadly. On the other hand, Dongwoo was selected as his assistant. Talk about bias much?

"Pfft, this has been interesting. Having the same monitor and assistant for 4 years straight," Suga mumbled to himself.

The teacher resumed to teach them the first subject for Class 4-1; Mathematics. Half an hour later, J-Hope already started bobbing to the right, feeling drowsy since he stayed up late again last night. Out of no where, like a bullet, a piece of chalk hit his head and he immediately sat up straight. The whole class bursted into laughter.

"No sleeping during class, Jung Hoseok," the teacher scolded him as he bowed apologetically.

Woohyun who was sitting few feet away just scoffed and murmured, "Idiot." 

Seungri's High school hierachy did not list BTS as the worst, the lowest postion, but more like Infinite was at top along with the 4D's and everyone else was just at the bottom. It had always been Infinite and others. Showing how the rest of the school did not matter at all to them.

 

 

Author's note 
Hey guys! I just have to start writing about Infinite and BTS together. Keke, huge Inspirit here but I made them turn into jerks and all. xD Please subscribe and comment kay? Thanks for reading ~