Done With the Pain

In My Mind

 

A loud slam reverberated throughout the hallway, followed by a countless amount of voices laughing loudly. Donghae stared down at the ground, his brown bespectacled eyes studying the scattered papers that had escaped from his white binder. Papers containing perfectly solved algebra problems flew gracefully down to the ground, landing amongst the already completely ruined mess of school papers.


Donghae sighed quietly, clenching his hands tightly and shutting his eyes in a weak attempt at ignoring the jeering voices surrounding him. They all sounded like birds screeching, circling their prey. Any second now, they would close in.


“Nerd!” A large jock yelled, cackling loudly and high fiving his equally huge friend next to him. The people around them laughed as well, their mocking voices echoing in Donghae’s ears.


Donghae sighed once again as he opened his eyes. He squatted down slowly to begin picking up his scattered papers. His hands slowly gather up the papers, his fingers trembling slightly as he felt tears begin to form at the corners of his brown eyes.


Don’t cry. That’s what they want. Just don’t cry. Donghae's inner voice said in his head, causing him to sniff quietly, trying to force his tears to stop.


A loud crunching sound reached Donghae’s ears. Donghae shut his eyes again as he recognized that oh so familiar sound. He slowly lifted his head, opening his eyes slowly while already knowing what he was going to see.


“Sup dork.” A deep voice called out, drowning out all of the jeering voices in Donghae’s ears. A shiver ran down the boy’s back, fear invading his mind. He slowly looked up, his eyes sliding up from the expensive looking sneakers to the red and white sports jacket.


Hyukjae. His mind whispered in fear.


 


(Hyukjae POV)


Oh this is great. I was finally able to find a chance to torture this little brat before going home. I looked up at the clock casually and sure enough, only five minutes till the last bell. I turned back to the little idiot that was staring up at me with fear completely apparent in his eyes. I smirked smugly and moved my other foot so it was also positioned over the paper I was standing on. The brat saw my movement and his eyes widened behind his stupid black-rimmed glasses. I smirked again and slowly, almost tauntingly, slid one of my feet across the white tile.


RIIIIIIIIP. The sound of ripping paper was like music to my ears. I grinned then stepped back, looking down at my work with a dramatically horrified look.

“Oops.” I said with a fake apologetic voice. Renewed laughter erupted around me from all those present. I snorted slightly in amusement when I saw the horrified look on the brat’s face. His mouth was wide open and his eyes were watering.


Oh this is absolutely great. If he cries I swear I’ll laugh my off. I thought, nonchalantly placing my hands in my pockets as a smirk played on my lips. I loved bullying this kid, he was so weak and he couldn’t fight back. He sort of reminded me of myself when I was younger.


I glowered as memories flashed through my head; a familiar ache stabbing at my heart. Get out of here, trash! You're not my son! Just leave! A hate filled voice screamed in my head, making me grind my teeth in hate.


I focused on the little blob of geek in front of me and the memories slowly ebbed away, causing a sigh of relief to escape me.


This kid, Donghae, was the nerdiest, smartest student in the senior year. He got straight A’s and was really lanky and weak. He was the complete opposite of me. I was strong, the captain of the football team and I was the most popular guy in the school. Everyone said that I was perfect.


I disagree. My family is so screwed up and I’m barely scraping by in my classes. After a while though I just gave up on trying to tone down my peer’s glittering thoughts about me. I just let them do what they wanted. No matter what they thought, I wasn’t perfect; I was far from it.


My eyes zoned in on a single tear escaping Donghae’s eye, leaving a watery streak on his cheek. Truthfully, I really wanted to be him for a day. He seemed like he had everything planned out. That’s the only reason why I even bullied him.


He had everything I wanted.


 


(Donghae POV)


My body trembled weakly as the laughter drilled into my head, knocking at my brain. I stared at my work that Eunhyuk had just destroyed in a split second.


No. I hate this. No. Why do they even do this to me? I questioned desperately in my head, feeling tears forming in my eyes.


Don’t you dare cry. The strong part of my consciousness scolded sternly, making me sniffle weakly.


I couldn’t take it anymore. I had thought that I had escaped it for at least one day but no; five minutes before school even ended, they do this to me. I tore my eyes away from the ripped paper and looked around from behind my flimsy, brown bangs; studying all of my tormentor’s evil faces through blurry eyes. They all had this small spark in their eyes, signaling amusement.


Amusement at my misery.


Seeing all of their mocking faces, my defenses crumbled. The small speck of strength in my mind evaporated and tears began to flood from my eyes.


God, I hate this. I whimpered in my head as the laughter around me became even louder as people began to notice the tears escaping my eyes.


I hate this. I thought as I reached forward and herded the rest of my papers into my binder with trembling hands.


I hate this. A few stray tears splashed onto my papers, leaving small water marks on them.


I hate this. Finally having gathered all of my work and stuffing it into my binder in a disorganized mess, I stood slowly. I handled the ripped paper with great care, not wanting it to become even worse. My mom was going to kill me.


I whimpered quietly as painful memories appeared in my mind, mingling with my already present misery. I gathered all of my things as the laughter around me became distorted as the pressure in my ears began to increase, making my eardrums pound.


I was done with this. I couldn’t take any more jeering so I pressed my binder against my chest and ran, just ran away.


I was done with it all.

 

 

 

 

 


-----------------------------------------------------
HI! *derp face*

  
So this is chapter one! Is it good? I based it off of a story that I had to write for English class! Ah school, you come in handy when you're not a useless .

  
Comment and vote please! I love those! Helps mah self esteem. *prompt nod*

So you guys know that this story won't be updated for a LONG time.

Yes, I have a life, don't judge me. *gets smacked by a ball*

Okay well, if you're patient and a nice person, subscribe, if not...

Lol just kidding~ LOVE YOU!

Ok farewell for now~