Sleepless Nights

A Thousand Years of EunHae

Title: Sleepless Nights

Length: 600

 

 

Donghae has a fever.

Hyukjae had done his best to make sure the younger had been comfortable, making sure he always had enough blankets or pillows, ensuring he was eating well, and everything anyone would do when their lover fell ill.

It pained him every time Donghae would weakly lift his head, sniffling and muttering, “I’m fine. Thanks Hyuk,” before he relaxed back against the pillow, breathing heavily through his mouth due to his blocked airways.

Donghae sat in the bathtub, one leg hugged against his chest, his chin resting on his knee as he let out a labored breath. Hyukjae took care in running a damp cloth over his back, noticing the usually tan skin was just the slightest bit red. When Donghae had trouble breathing, he would turn on the hot water, letting the brunette inhale the steam, calming him down. Hyukjae, like most nights, dried Donghae off with a towel and helped him to bed.

Sometimes, Donghae felt too sick to eat. Hyukjae always made sure to run to any convenience store at any hour, buying whatever Donghae felt up to eating, which was usually just soup. When Donghae would shake his head, insisting, “I don’t feel hungry right now,” Hyukjae always knew that he really just didn’t want to be a bother. No matter how many times Donghae would say, “Go back to work. You’ve taken too many days off already. I can take care of myself,” it never failed to make Hyukjae smile in appreciation despite the situation.

Some nights, Donghae had trouble sleeping. Hyukjae would wake up to the younger beside him, sighing uncomfortably at the heat consuming his body, kicking the blankets to a heap on the floor, only to pull them back up again when he would shiver. Sometimes, he would cough and almost bring himself to tears, and in those cases, Hyukjae would give Donghae another spoonful of his medicine, wrap him up tightly in the warmest blanket, and carry him in a bundle out to the car. He would carefully sit him in the passenger seat, running his hands soothingly through his hair and turn on the car’s heating system. He would spend the next thirty minutes driving aimlessly around the city, knowing that the movement of the car would always lull the brunette into a deep sleep. Hyukjae looked over at Donghae, his eyes closed and his yellow scarf pulled up over the lower half of his face, and realise just how tired he had really been. After carrying him back inside and tucking Donghae under the blankets, the sick brunette would always manage to sleep the whole night through.

Donghae would always insist that Hyukjae stay away from him when he was sick and had a fever. He would lock himself away in the darkness in the room, blankets pulled up to his chin. It would always take a hug from Hyukjae and a kiss on his forehead to reassure him that just because he had a fever, didn’t mean he was repulsive. Donghae could only sniffle and smile shyly.

It didn’t matter that Hyukjae had to take a week off work to take care of Donghae, or that he had to wake up in the middle of the night to make him tea. When Hyukjae had to hold Donghae against his chest and pat his back, he didn’t mind being at his service any hour of the day. It was all worth it, to see Donghae back to his usual self, smiling brightly and back on his own two feet. Hyukjae just wanted a happy, healthy boyfriend.

 

 

___

This was gay,

But the next one involves uallyfrustratedHyuk and literallyhotDonghae. Lol.