Prologue: Choi Hana

It's Not What it Seems

Your Pov

   Well here I am ... I have stepped onto campus, its official. I am a college student. Am I suppose to feel something? Because to be honest  I don't. Is that a bad thing? Oh whatever, lets just get through today.

Taking a deep breath and letting out a heavy sigh, I just stood there for a moment to take in my surroundings. Observing all the newly built buildings, one thing came to my mind, this is the place I'll now be trapped in for who know how long.

How wonderful, let's hope its not like high school.

***

Author's POV

   There she stood 5'3", pale skin and dark long wavy hair up to her .

She's curver than anyone of her kind. She has a cute yet not small bum, a tiny waist, lean legs and a little bigger than average s. Hana is not proportional but somehow it just works for her.

You could even say she was rather y. In contrast to her figure she dressed rather conservatively.

Standing there in  a cream top with lace detailing tucked into dark grey high waisted shorts with cute red flats. It was a cute simple yet noticeable outfit.

The onlookers couldn't help but take a notice to this little asian girl who just seemed out of place in sunny LA.  

 

 Glancing at her watch Hana realizes that she is wasting time and should head off to class to get a good seat. Looking around the huge campus she prayed to herself she wouldn't get lost.

Not wanting to be late on the first day Hana quickly takes out her schedule and map. Today she only has three classes today and luckily they are pretty close together. Quickly pinpointing her exact location and destination Hana hurries to her first class. 

 

***

Your POV

 One more class to go just one more class you can do it Hana! Ugh! Hopefully this one will be more enjoyable.

I love my major and all but seriously computer graphic design is so boring ! I mean seriously why do I have to interact with so many people when I just want to sit in front of my computer all day! 

That public relations and promotional writing class was almost the death of me! Gosh the people in there was so cut throat! Media writing/editing class wasn't even that bad! And people in media a well.. yeah. I just hope my next class doesn't make me fall asleep. Let's do this!

 Author's POV

 After tossing her snack wrapper into a nearby trash can Hana walk into class and sit down in her favorite spot. The second desk right in front of the teacher's. Taking out her notebook and pencil pouch, she writes KOREAN 101 on the top of the page.

When class began Hana was surprised with the amount of interest she showed, somehow she was fully energized once the teacher started to introduce the course. Throughout the whole class Hana was fully attentive and tooked detailed notes on whatever came out of the teacher's mouth. Class somehow flew by for Hana and to be honest she didn't want to to end. Though it was just andintroduction to the course somehow she knew she would love the class. Having an interest in Korean culture already somehow gave her the motivation to want to succeed in the class. 

When  class ended and Hana was packing up she briefly smiled and started to reminisce on some of her high school memories. Walking out of class she thought of her best friends Jenny and Stacey . While going to her car she remembered how Jenny was the one that introduced her to KPOP and Korean culture. Being born in Korea Jenny fully embraced her culture to the max. Somehow Jenny pulled Stacey and Hana into the crazy world of Kpop. Even though Hana was totally obbessed like her friends were. She did rather enjoy it and knew quite a bit about the latest bands for a few years. She needed to occupy her time somehow. 

Driving home Hana started to reflect on her life. Right now she is 18 and is doing nothing with her life. All of her school mates seem to know what they want to do with life but not Hana. Everyone who she had been close to had went a separate path than she did.Though she was somewhat content at the moment and found a major she loved. She wasn't happy with her life at all. With so many thought running through her mind Hana didn't notice she was already home.

Your POV

I was happy to be home... kinda. If you can call it that.

As I unlocked the door I wasn't surprised to find the whole house empty. I dump my bag on the kitchen counter and grab an apple to munch on from the counter. Immediately after i grabbed my laptop and went onto the internet.

Suddenly I just paused and thought Wow. Nothing has changed since high school,  I'm already back into my same old routine. I hate it. I go back and forth with being miserable and contempt. I'm an adult now I should do something with my life. Iwant to be happy, not every single second but the majority of the time. I need change because honestly I'm miserable. I need to find happiness somewhere... maybe its not here and with that thought... back to the computer. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: I'll try to keep this brief because I hate long author's notes. First thank you for subscribing to my story! You're my first subscriber ever! I'm sorry it took me so long to update this story. I currently  started college and needed to get everything settled. I actually planned out ch. 1 & 2 already but haven't had time to write/ somewhat edit it. I'm sorry for going back in forth too much with POV but its only with this chapter. I wanted you to get a little taste of Hana's character as well as a description!  I hope this is long enough because I hate short updates! I'm aiming to update at least once a week since I do have some free time between classes. Please comment and let me know what I could do better! I'm still trying to work out the format of how I want to write so please bear with me! Lastly wow this is the first chapter!