A Birthday Filled with Awkward Fun!

"It" Brought Them Together

The moment Yoon Rae had turned the door handle, she was toppled with colorful, shiny confetti. A warm feeling reached inside her as she walked in to take her shoes off. After having Jung Min pick her up from the hospital, they quickly climbed in the car with Jung Min jumping around childishly. And after noticing his jitteryness, Yoon Rae finally realized that they were going to celebrate her birthday. It was funny really, she wondered why they were so excited for some reason. 

After taking off her shoes, and putting on comfy slippers, Yoon Rae made the way to the couch and sighed tiredly. The others followed suit and sat beside Yoon Rae carefully, observing her actions. At first, as their eyes trailed her movement, Yoon Rae felt uncomfortable. But after noticing their mouths twitch, she realized that they wanted to just talk to her. Yoon Rae, trying to be composed, cleared and stared back at the boys, her faced screamed for them to just talk to her. 

The first to notice was Kyu Jong, she directly stared at him, since she has the best relationship towards him. After putting the prank on Hyun Joong, Yoon Rae felt calm when she talked to him, and with his immense kindness, who wouldn't feel at home? He smiled after he saw the signal and tapped on his friends' shoulders. They quickly turned and huddled around in a circle, leaving out Yoon Rae like that time in the concert building. She tried to hold in a giggle, SS501 seemed to be so tense around her. It was as if they treated her like glass; she wasn't as fragile as they thought. 'Never judge a book by its cover' was practically written all over Yoon Rae's forehead. Turning her head, she faced the other way, and thought to herself for a few moments. 

But with a sudden tap on the shoulder, Yoon Rae turned around and her train of thought disappeared. She put her hand on the arm rest of the sofa and tilted her head, signaling the male to speak.

"Yoon Rae-ssi, do you have any ideas on what you want to do today?" Young Saeng spoke up. 

Yoon Rae raised her hand to her chin and thought. After only a few moments did she move any parts of her body, and with that, she shook her head.

"You can drop the ssi, Young Saeng...." She paused awkwardly. After telling Young Saeng to politely not call her 'ssi', she was also about to call Young Saeng the same thing, and stopped. Saying 'oppa' was probably too weird for her, and since they weren't close, it was all the more reason not to call him that.

"You can call me 'oppa', I don't mind. In fact, none of us really mind. Whatever you're comfortable with, just say so." Young Saeng shrugged. 

Yoon Rae nodded quickly and turned red. She felt like a hypocrite, telling Young Saeng to drop the 'ssi' although she was about to call him that. 

"Then, I call each and every one of you by just your names, if that's okay." Yoon Rae rubbed her arm. Many people didn't know, but Yoon Rae had also studied in America, making her fluent in English. Since she felt accustomed to just saying a regular name (like in America), Yoon Rae felt uncomfortable when she uses honorifics. 

Some of the member's eyes widened, making Yoon Rae think that she said something offensive. But, due to the surprise of just asking that, their eyes widened. 

"No problem, just feel at home here. Since your condition is serious, we need you to stay her for a couple of weeks." Jung Min smiled. Yoon Rae smiled back and calmed down. But something else seemed to irk her. 

"U-Um, when I showered and fell on my head. Did you guys see m-me.... Y'know." Yoon Rae quickly fiddled with her fingers. Just then, Hyung Jun's eyes widened and many of the other members looked down and scratched their heads. She expected for them to not answer, but then a voice quickly sounded.

"We didn't... The shower curtain fell on your body... so... yeah." Hyun Joong looked away. 

"Oh, thank you." An awkward smile was placed on her face, as well as a look of relaxation. 

A sudden silence then started. It lasted for only a short amount of time, since it was interupted by a sudden clap of hands. This quickly told the other members to start the birthday surprise. They quickly shuffled to the middle of the living room, and made eye contact with Yoon Rae, who was utterly confused by the actions. She held both of her hands together as they counted: "1, 2, 3.... Start!"

Quickly the danced, first with Jung Min starting out. Each member stood in a line, but with Jung Min squatting in the middle. As they yelled 'start', the members moved into a circle and surrounded Jung Min. He then exploded out of the crowd and made a cute gesture. His pointer fingers were placed on his cheeks, and he smiled sweetly. The other members then quickly got up from the ground, and copied. Jung Min then made a way around the members, then stayed in the back while Kyu Jong and Hyun Joong were in the front, and Young Saeng and Hyung Jun in the middle. 

Their voices started to echo throughout the apartment as they sang 'Happy Birthday' to Yoon Rae. As the dancing slowly reduced, and the last two lines were sung. Each member made a cute face, and lined up horizontally. As the song ended, they all formed a heart with their hands and fell down to the ground, almost drowning in their own sweat. 

Yoon Rae, who was utterly confused, felt happy and pleasured. Not anyone in the world has ever done something so spectacular to her. She had never celebreated her birthday before. And after the unexpected surprised, she quickly took a deeper liking to the members. And seeing that they were exhausted after the adorable dance, she quickly walked into the kitchen to hand them cups of water. She quickly grabbed the nearest, and cleanest cups and poured water in them. She then put them on a plate, since she couldn't hold all five of the cups, and brought them to the table. 

Thirsty, the five males quickly grabbed the cups, and drank it whole. Yoon Rae heard how desperate they need the water, with each gulp of water, she felt sorry for not bringing it sooner. The first to finish was Kyu Jong, who also seemed to be sweating the most. He set the cup tiredly on the table as the others quickly finished their own cup. While they were finishing, Yoon Rae picked the empty cups off the table, and put them into the sink to wash later.

"The dance made me very happy. I was confused at first, since you guys just stood up from the couch." Yoon Rae sat down on the couch. SS501, who was content, with her answer smiled and thanked her happily. She smiled brightly back. She sighed as the tired males slowly walked to the couch. 

"What else do you want to do?" Hyung Jun asked.

Yoon Rae shrugged her shoulders, there was nothing else in mind after that surprise. Basically, she thought that her birthday was just going to consist on eating cake. But then, a simple idea came in to mind, it wasn't anything special, but it was something Yoon Rae wanted to do.

"Since it's still pretty early, how about we go ice skating? I know a rink nearby, and I wanted to skate, if that's okay..." Her voice trailed off. She knew that they were tired, but a sudden urge to ice skate filled her body. 

"Yeah, we could go. Let's just change clothes, and head to the car." Hyun Joong said. All of the guys headed for the room, and left Yoon Rae sitting on the couch.

"Wait! What about me? I can't just go out wearing something like this." She looked up and down. Her clothes felt comfy, and warm, but wearing something like this makes her lose her elegant touch. Always wearing something proper, Yoon Rae didn't want to be seen like this in public, wearing SS501's old clothing. 

But after some deep thinking, since there was no reply, she remembered that she left her skating outfit and skates in the locker rooms of the skating rink. Since she often skates, Yoon Rae keeps her stuff there. In addition, since she know the owner well, it didn't seemed like he actually cared.

"Never mind... Let's just go." The five members walked out. They all wore about three to four layers, since it would be rather cold in the rink. 

And quickly, they picked up and wore their shoes. 


SHING! SHING!

The sound of the skates echoed througout the entire rink. Since there was no one else there, except for the owner himself, they had the rink all to themselves. The rent for the skates was rather expensive, but since almost everybody pitched in to pay, everything should be fine and dandy. SS501 seemed to be enjoying the rink much more than Yoon Rae.

Their laughs were heard from a distance, and Yoon Rae smiled. All she need to be happy was music, but the warm smiles of these five boys made a close second in her life, so far. Even if they met just a few weeks ago, Yoon Rae felt so close to them. They were loving, funny, kind, and made her feel fluffy inside. The boys even set up her birthday, and she could never thank them back as equally. 

Yoon Rae skated quite calmly, she glided on top of the ice. Being a retired ice skater, she never forgot about her childhood years when she performed. And now that she was twenty, her condition seemed to lessen, but her mobilty decreased. Her skates made a nice sound, and every so often, she would spin in a circle slowly, just to feel the cool air inside the rink. 

The five other boys were on the right (opposite side from where Yoon Rae is located) side of the rink. They seemed to know how to skate, but occasionally, one of the members would fall. They wrestled and messed around, they seemed like little children despite their age. If people saw them from afar, they would see toddlers messing on the playground. Grunts and laughs could be heard as Yoon Rae quickly skated over to their side to watch the fun closer. 

She saw Hyung Jun toppled over Jung Min while Young Saeng and Kyu Jong pushed each other around. Hyun Joong was standing, or should I say lying, on the ice laughing away. The sight made her want to laugh, and so she did. A wide smile came into picture, and the sudden playing stopped. As she finished her little enjoyment, Yoon Rae awkwardly looked at the boys, who seemed to have been staring at her. 

"What?" She cupped . 

"You should laugh more often Yoon Rae. It makes you look pretty." Jung Min winked. 

"Ooh, looks like there's love in the air!" Hyun Joong skated around the rink, his hands formed a heart by his chest.

"Ya, I would never think of Yoon Rae that way!" Jung Min pushed Hyun Joong to the ground.

He playfully choked the Leader, and smiled embarrassingly at Yoon Rae, who took no offense in his comment.

The only wrong thing about it was that she liked you, Leader!


Author's Notes: Sorry for the very long wait! Yes, you may pelt tomatoes at me, please! Thank you for subscribing to the story, and comment away! School has been pretty hectic, and I just finished schoolwork. I'm really proud of this chapter. Hope to see you guys soon! I will update as soon as possible!

-StardustSky