Caught

Monster

I am a monster.

Don't come near me, I doubt you want to. 

My crimes made me a wanted man, I can't go out in the day, and live off of what I steal. My brothers are gone, and no one is left. 

Every once in a while, I run into a cop, and every time, I run away. I don't have a living, but I live my life doing one thing: running. The day I stopped is one I would never forget. 

It was a Tuesday, I was hiding in the warehouse I used to laugh, mess around, and be happy with my friends. After the incident, it turned into a place full of haunting memories, cries, and anger. I took my gun and leave for I needed something to eat. 

I went to the usual place, the best of the best for a guy like me: the street market. There I grabbed a loaf of bread, some cheese, and water. I headed back to the warehouse and hid immediately. 

"He's here. His stuff is here, and I can tell that he left not too long ago." . The police were there. I tried to back away, but my back hit the legs of a man I didn't see for a long time; the legs of the man who caught me the first time. 

"hello there Myungsoo. Nice to see you again." 

"Hello there, how are you?" I asked, trying to stall as I tried to find a distraction. 

"Quit the chit chat, let's go. And this time, you're not going anywhere." 

It was when I was in the cell of the police station that I realized something: I lead my life in the wrong direction, and there was no changing that direction.