I Am a Monster

Monster

The scar on Myungsoo's face reminded him of what happened several years ago. Everytime he looked at it, he would feel a pang of guilt and fear; everytime he touched it, the memories would flood his mind. He wanted to forget what he did, but no one gets what they want. 

It was as if the incident took place yesterday. Myungsoo could still hear the audible cries of help from his friends. Going into the abandoned warehouse was the last thing he wanted to do, but if it was for his friends, he would do anything. 

"Myungsoo, it looks like you're finally here," said the masked man that kidnapped his friends, "do you have the money or not?" 

"I do, now give me back my friends." Myungsoo said as he dropped the briefcase filled with the ten thousand dollars the man wanted. 

"Calm down, I'll give you your friends back," with that the masked man brought out six bags, each containing a corpse. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!" Myungsoo yelled as he brought out his gun. 

"I played around with them, gave them an experience that made them wish they never knew you. Funny, I asked them if they'd join me, and you know what they said? They said that they'd rather die than betray you. It was like they knew what I was going to say next. I was planning to say it was either death or me. I guess they knew what refusing my offer meant." This made Myungsoo furious; he yelled out in frustration and shot the masked man in the shoulder. 

"That was a bad move." 

"What are you going to do about it? Bring my friends back?!" 

"Oh, I'm not gonna do anything about it, my friends are gonna do something about it." The man snapped his fingers and out came five other men, each with a weapon of some sort. "Now you're going to end up just like you're friends. Don't worry, you'll all meet each other in hell." 

"First you kill my friends, now you're too cowardly to fight your own battles?" This infuriated the men and all of them at once attacked Myungsoo. He tried fighting, shooting, and killing everyone in his way.

When he stopped shooting, there were six more corpses on the floor with their blood everywhere. Myungsoo looked at his bloody, red hands and touched the scar he was given when he was stabbed. He realized what he just did, kneeled, and cried. 

Finally, he cried out, "I'm a monster."