Chapter 1

Dream High; Kirin Art High School Host Club – Dare To Dream!

 

 

"Dare to Dream", Dream High: Kirin Art High School Host Club

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Isn't it weird how everyone achieved their dreams recently? Even my friends started to choose the road they are supposed to walk in to do that. While me, the normal girl Ryu Hyoyoung, still going to attend a normal high school. My dream would totally be acting, alongside with all the actors around. Specially my favorite actor, Ryan. She's the best. She graduated from the school that I want to attend the most, Kirin Art High School. This school is the best school for all the dreamers like me. I bet there's a lot of talented students there, and as for me, I'm not as talented as them.
 
Do you ask why can't I attend that school? It's because of my father that would always cheer me to study more and become one the successful doctors, lawyers, or engineers in Korea. But come on dad, I really want to act. It is my dream! My father always come home late from his work to support my study. He have to work hard to pay, but I keep telling him that I'm no way attending a science high school. 
 
I was out of shower when my dad arrived home while having a mask on my face and wrapping my long black hair with a towel since it was wet. I had my pajama on and walked throw the house to the kitchen to make myself a hot milk before I sleep. I'm addicted to healthy food, and the best to a better skin. I won't stop this masks from my face. I know, I'm girly enough, but actors should have a good body and a good skin to be pretty even if they have an average beauty like me.
I held the flyer of Kirin High School and kept on staring at it while trying for the milk to boil. I can't stop thinking about it, and my father forces me to go to that school. What was the name again? "Gwangjo Science High School." I read the name a little bit loud from the other flyer when my dad walked to the kitchen and grabbed himself a bottle of water. 
 
"So you decided to attend Gwangjo School?" He asked while pouring himself some water. I looked at him and stared for a long time before I replied "No, I'm attending Kirin, father! I will send my personal information tomorrow so I can be accepted first. And don't say no, I already chose."
 
He kept on staring then argued "Ryu Hyoyoung! You're not going to that Art High School. You know that you're better as a doctor, look at all your grades!"
 
"But dad, I don't want to be a doctor! Just because I study hard doesn't mean I want to be something ever parents dreams about! I'm going to Kirin, and that's it!"
 
He frowned a little then continued "I'll agree in only one condition!"
 
Okay, that really made me happy! I'll agree on anything, just let me go and make my dream come true! "I'll do it! I will do anything you want, dad!"
 
His smirk made my heart pound so much that I knew it was a very bad idea, but I will go throw it anyway. My dream is number one in my life.
 
"You have to pretend to be a boy, be in a boy group or sing alone or whatever, just you have to look, act, and do everything any boy do."
 
Okay this is crazy. What the hell is my father thinking now? Wait, a boy means … I slowly touched my hair and his smirked grew wider. It would totally mean that I'm going to cut my hair. And dressing as a boy means that I can't wear any dress, I can't be like Ryan! Oh my god, my father is trying to kill my dream with every chance he get. Should I attend this science school and forget about it? After staring at him for a long time, the milk boiled so much that it started to overflow from the boiler. I panicked and took the milk off from the stove after turning the fire off. I poured it in a cup then looked at my father with a smile after sipping a little from it.
 
"Fine! I'll pretend to be a boy, just let me go to Kirin."
 
My father eyes widened so much, he really thought I'll give up because of that? He laughed a little, and I thought he'll forget about the idea and just will let me attend the school, but everything fell down to a brief when he said. "Good. Then you can get ready for the school. I will send your papers as a boy, and everything would be cool with us.
 
 
Here it is, Kirin Art High School gate is in front of my eyes. Is this really the place that let your dream come true even by exploring another road for you? It looks like a nice place from the look but as what it's said, the school isn't as what it used to be. At the past, only talented teens would be accepted here but now they accept everyone. Even if the student didn't have a talent, exactly like the voice I'm hearing now singing, he or she would be accepted. I slowly opened the door and eyed every corner before stepping in. The place was awfully alive. If I tried to talk I know that I won't be able to hear my voice. Everyone here is so noisy, that girl that's talking in the phone, these girls that's fangirling around something, that guy who sings, those who dances over  there with loud music, and finally the groups that shouts about joining a club. Right, it's the first day here and the place is alive. I wonder how would it be later on when I stay here. The place must be very crazy.
 
I walked around with a small smile, my long hair was short now. Very short to be honest, just like boys hair, although there's males that have long hair. I was wearing some boys clothes, and I tried the best to hide my chest and make it as flat as a male chest. It's hard, I know, but I will try my best. The class was from that corner as I remembered the map at the flyer. I slowly walked to the lockers first, my locker was number … Okay I forgot. I took the key from my pocket to check it and it was number 123. Wow, is this counting? I chuckled silently, yeah because I can't giggle now that I'm a guy, then walked to the locker. For my luck, I had to share the locker with someone that I don't know. Well, I don't know anyone here to be honest. But I'm always thinking about new friendships here.
 
As I walked along the long line of the lockers to search for mine, I stopped at the opened one. It was my locker, so the one that’s putting or taking things was my locker 'mate'. I smiled and waited for him to finish while patting my right leg on the floor. When he closed the locker he looked at me, I was short so he had to look down, and smiled. He look nice since he smiled and that was good. I smiled back to him and he slowly grabbed my hand which made my eyes widened.
 
"Hello there! You're a fan, right? I know, even men couldn't resist me." He laughed a little then continued. "How could I help you? Want to choose the host, or you want me to be your host?"
 
I really didn't understand what he said and I blinked a few times at him then I pointed to the half opened locker. He looked at it then back at me and asked. "What is it?"
 
I slowly smiled and pointed again as I tried to make my voice sounds a little manlier than my real voice as I answered. "I'm sharing the locker with you." I showed him the key and he stared at it for a while thin he let my hands off.
 
"Oh, I see! Well, sorry but I thought you'll be a customer."
 
"Customer? To what?"
 
He gasped loudly which made me panic a little then he grabbed my shoulders and started to shake me a little as he said. "Don't tell me, you didn't hear about the legend of the host club at this school? Wait, it's the first time I see your face. You're new here, right?"
 
 
I nodded my head to him and he patted my head, he was really funny. "I'm Jaehyo, the 'Tamaki' for the host club!"
 
His words made me blink a few times, Tamaki? What's that…? "Aaaah! You mean Ouran High School Host Club anime?" I said then pointed to him. "And you're the one that made the club, which made you Tamaki?" He chuckled and nodded his head to me. 
 
"Very clever! Good job~" I didn't know if he was making fun of me or not, but I decided to ignore it. I walked to the locker and started to put my things on the empty shelf as he watched me. When I finished, I smiled and closed the locker then locked it with his key.
 
I handed him the key and smiled to him. "Good luck with your club, Jaehyo-sunbae! I'm Hyoyoung, your locker is my locker too. So we're locker mates now."
 
I waved to him then walked away from the locker as he stood silently without moving, and I went to the first class at Kirin. My heart is racing so hard, I can't stop myself from being nervous from nothing.
 
  
 
Jaehyo stumbled a little as someone jumped on his back, and when he looked at the one that was on his back he saw one of his hosts from the club. His face didn’t change from when I was talking to him. The short male poked his cheeks and said. "Yah, Tamaki-san, what's wrong? From earth to Jaehyo~~~ Can you listen to me?" 
 
"Karam …." He said lightly then turned around and patted his shoulders as hard as he can, which made Karam whine a little. "There's someone that doesn't know anything about us! We should let him know … No, he'll be our Haruhi!"
 
Taewoon suddenly appeared behind Karam and took Jaehyo's hands from his shoulders. He was strong and Jaehyo couldn’t stop him. "He? How would a he be our Haruhi?" Karam asked Jaehyo while tilting his head a little and blinking. He was so adorable that all the girls around squealed and took million photos.
 
Jaehyo noticed that and smiled to them "We'll continue at our club after classes. Now everybody .." He said and looked at all the girls along with the two males that stood in front of him. "To your classes!" He ordered and everyone went there. It was normal for him since he was the heir of all the Kirin school, university, and entertainment company.
 
 
  The first class was normal, all the teachers were introducing themselves to the new students. They were telling us that there would be a welcome party for us which made me excited to see all the talents on a stage. It was something I waited for so much. I was spacing out in the class while thinking about how would I be when suddenly a girl approached me with a small sheepishly smile. I looked at her and smiled back when she waved. "Hi. I'm Nayeon!" 
 
She was so cute, her smile was angelic and she had a short hair that was to her neck and the color was light pink. Of course it wasn't her real hair color, but it fit her so well. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Hyoyoung." 
 
"Hyoyoung? It's a nice name." She took a seat at the desk in front of me and continued. "You look like a flower boy, with this beauty spot under your eye too."
 
I chuckled lightly and shrugged my shoulders. "What could I say? Thank you, I guess?"
 
She laughed lightly and made herself comfortable in her seat. "So do you have any friends here? Do you want to eat lunch with me at the cafeteria later?"
 
Oh wow, now I know how guys do think that the girls are so clingy from the first time. I shrugged my shoulders and said. "I don't know anyone yet, but you, and sure. Why not!" Yeah, let's accept her offer. Maybe we'll be friends. But wait, what if she fell for me? Not my problem, I'm still a girl and into men of course.
 
 Her smile grew wider as she nodded her head and stood up. "I'll see you at the cafeteria then, Hyoyoung. Bye for now!" She waved to me and went back to her friends, that's when I heard some squeals which made me smiles and take my mp3 out. I put my earphones and stared at the wall while listening, ignoring everything since we were free now.
 
I spaced out and didn't give my attention to anyone in the class, all of it was in the song I was listening to. It was one of the best songs every, Dream High. I turned my head to the side when I felt one of the earphones was pulled and a very tall male stood beside me. He knelt down and had the earphone in his ear and listened with only one. I kept on leaning my cheek on my left hand while looking at his face. He smiled and ruffled my hair. 
 
"Hey there. You look lonely, so I thought about bothering you a little!" 
 
I chuckled as he pulled a chair and had the back of it facing me and he sat like that. Oh wow, a gangster or something. I smiled at him and stopped the music.
 
"I'm Hyoyoung. You are?"
 
"Zico. Everyone call me Zico."
 
"Oh, so your name isn't Zico?"
 
He laughed and ruffled my hair again which made me frown a little.
 
"Hey, don't touch my hair. It takes me forever to keep it like that!" 
 
"How cute, Hyoyoung! Hey, by any chance, don't you every put your eyes on Hwayoung. Wait, do you know her? I mean your face resemble her a little!"
 
"Who's Hwayoung?" I blinked a few times then he pointed to the girl that was sitting between so many girls. She was very pretty with her short hair. I chuckled and looked at him.
 
"Ah! I understand, she's yours. Don't worry, I won't like her!" I laughed lightly and looked at him.
 
"It's not like I like her, she's just … dangerous for you!" 
 
It was obvious that he like her, but I only nodded. "Fine, I won't even think about talking to her."
 
"How's that? You'll be in the host club and she's the manager."
 
I burst out laughing, holding my stomach so much that everyone was staring at me while I laugh. I couldn't take it as some tears were falling on my cheeks. I tried to stop myself from laughing as everyone was staring at me and I looked at him then pointed to myself.
 
"Me? In the host club? Are you kidding me? I'm not even a part of that club, I didn’t even join a club!"
 
He blinked a few times at my face then looked as some high heels steps was walking to us. When I looked at her, it was no one but that Hwayoung girl. Oh god, she's the manager. Now what?