Frustrated;

Adieu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First term tests are quite fast approaching. All the students, especially the fourth year high school students, started revising their notes a week from now. They’re supposed to have a higher first term grade, so that they won’t have a hard time in the next two terms.

“We’re supposed to be studying, Xiumin!” the doe eyed guy sighed. As far as everyone knows Xiumin and Lu Han should’ve graduated a year ago but since they lack enthusiasm, lazy perhaps, they weren’t able to join their old classmates in the list of graduates.

Xiumin his lower lip and heaved a heavy sigh, enough for Lu Han to hear it. “I’m too lazy.” That’s Xiumin. He never studies but sometimes, he aces his examinations but sometimes, he’d purposely fail it. Even Lu Han, his best friend, doesn’t even know why a person like him would purposely fail a certain examination. “Come on! Do you want to repeat another year again, Kim Xiumin?” Lu Han said as Xiumin smacked his chest playfully.

Xiumin and Lu Han are best friends. In fact, they’re like brothers who can’t live without the other one. Xiumin never gets tired of school before, but last year, he told Lu Han that he’ll try to fail the exam so that he could repeat another year in that school. Lu Han thought it was the most stupid idea ever. He knows that Xiumin, for now, doesn’t really have any plans for himself but repeating a year or a grade was really a pathetic thought a person like Xiumin could’ve ever thought. Until now, Lu Han’s not sure of Xiumin’s reason for repeating a year – but of course, he still bugs Xiumin about this.

“Seriously, Min. What’s the reason why you purposely failed an exam before?” Lu Han asked.

Xiumin looked at him and smirked, “Seriously, Han. Why did you fail your exam on purpose too? Just because I’m your friend doesn’t mean you should follow my footsteps.”

Lu Han chuckled, so did Xiumin. Xiumin was stupid for making such decision, but truth be told, Lu Han was stupid too, for failing it just because Xiumin is his best friend. He wanted to repeat a grade as well, because as far as he knows – he’s also like Xiumin. He doesn’t have any plans yet. Repeating a grade isn’t really the best decision but he liked it anyway.

“Why are you guys still playing? You’re supposed to be studying, right?” they bolted up their heads when they hear that familiar voice. It was Joohyun. The two stood up as Joohyun gave them water and towels.

“Thanks, Joo!” Xiumin said as he ruffled her hair gently. It has been months since Joohyun transferred in their school and for some reason, Xiumin and Lu Han finally gained their determination but sometimes, just sometimes, they fail when it comes to motivation. They’d rather play soccer or sleep rather than studying – but since Joohyun’s there – they’d always try their best to study and of course, listen to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter