1.2.3.4

Exo One-Shot Collection

 

"Chen!" Suho yells, sincerely concerned about that clumsy, hyperactive kid that always got into trouble.
 
Chen shouts in glee, not giving a care in the world about Suho's lectures. It's not like he was the boss of him, Suho was merely class monitor. Baekhyun and Chanyeol jump into the sand pit, dirtying and staining their clothes that were once clean. They roll in the sand, giggling and laughing as Chen plops in as well, after failing in his attempt to climb a tree. 
 
Kris' eyebrows crease in worry, watching as Suho tries his best to break a fight between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Again. Chen only laughs, pulling Suho with his sand covered hands. 
 
1. 2. 3. 4.
 
He counts and manages a smile.
 
"At least they're all there," Kris sighs to himself.
 
He wasn't sure if he made the right decision to take over this class.
 
Kris walks out to the playground when Baekhyun actually starts crying. It wasn't like he was worried about Baekhyun or Chanyeol, things like that happened everyday, it wasn't a problem. Instead he carries little Suho who looked like he was about to break down any second, and Kris reaches out to hold Chen's dusty hand, pulling him along. Chen doesn't reject or resist, instead he follows while jumping in amusement. 
 
Kris looks back to see Chanyeol hugging a crying Baekhyun, whose sniffles and sobs were muffled as he buried his head in Chanyeol's chest. The taller Chanyeol pats his back, apologizing, then smiling to assure Baekhyun that things were okay. Kris trusts Chanyeol to bring Baekhyun back into the nursery. 
 
Chen, now feeling a little exhausted, hurries to his bed to sleep, but Kris pulls him back. Chen whines but obliges when Kris gives him a look and ushers him to take a shower before taking a nap. Suho was still up on Kris' shoulders. He was tired as well, his head leaning on Kris' head, already starting to snore. Before Suho could drool over Kris' hair, Kris brought Suho to the washroom as well and made Suho wash himself up. Suho, half awake, lets Kris help shower him as he applies shampoo on himself. Chen smudges foam on Kris' face and Kris sprays water on Chen for good measure. Suho smiles tiredly, thinking that maybe he wasn't cut out to be class monitor. 
 
Kris hands them towels and they wipe themselves dry. Chen finishes drying up and puts on new comfortable clothes. He runs to his bed, climbing in and pulling the sheets over himself, but he didn't fall asleep just yet. 
 
"Suho, you don't need to tire yourself out, okay? Have fun, relax, I will settle everything, don't worry about Chen. Loosen up a bit. Being class monitor doesn't mean you have to handle everything, that's my job. You just need to inform me when Chen actually gets into trouble." I smile kindly, patting his head. 
 
Suho nods, and makes his way to his bed next to Chen's. Chen sits in bed, waiting for Suho to climb into his own bed before turning off the night light. Kris watches as Chen tells Suho a story, ranting on and on. When tired Suho finally falls asleep, only does Chen stop his story-telling and proceed to sleep. 
 
Chanyeol piggybacks Baekhyun who had already fallen asleep after crying. Kris whispers to Chanyeol, telling him to take a shower. Chanyeol carries Baekhyun all the way to the washroom, and he even showers Baekhyun who was still fast asleep. Kris helps to dry Baekhyun and together with Chanyeol they put on clothes for Baekhyun. Kris praises Chanyeol, saying that he did a good job, and Chanyeol beams, eyes drooping a little. Kris tucks the both of them into bed, and Chanyeol pulls up the sheets, covering Baekhyun and himself. 
 
Baekhyun snuggles into Chanyeol's arms, snoring as well as making weird noises. 
 
Kris smiles, feeling exhaustion looming over him as well. He switches off all the lights, taking one last glance at the room. 
 
1.2.3.4.
 
He counts. 
 
A smile naturally tugs at his lips. Really, he couldn't imagine how life would be without four of them.