Let Go

LET GO

I watched her dance from her reflection in the practice room with her groupmates, 2ne1. Her, wearing the simplest jeans and a grey sweatshirt with her hair tied neatly in a ponytail.

 

She's beautiful.

 

She may not be the best dancer in the eyes of the audience but for me, she is the most graceful one.

 

She may not be the best singer but for me, her voice is the most angelic.

 

Her, in her late 20s, still looks beautifully young.

 

Sandara Park.

 

The woman who captured my heart the first time I laid my eyes on her.

 

I still remember the moment when she stepped in front of us and introduced herself. The way she spoke, smiled and held my hand for a handshake, I knew, she's the one for me.

 

"Jiyong, our practice is over. The manager is already calling us for our next schedule."

 

I looked at Taeyang who's now standing in front of me, blocking my view.

 

"Okay.."

 

I stood up and arrange my things in my bag.

 

Taeyang waved and bid goodbye to our labelmates and headed out.

 

While me, I stood there and waited for their practice to be over. When the music stopped, I called them one by one to bid goodbye.

 

"And lastly, bye Sandara!"

 

"Ya~ I told you to stop calling me Sandara. Call me Dara."

 

I went closer to her and whispered.

 

"You know that I love your name. And I love you."

 

She pushed me gently and blushed.

 

"Aish. They might hear you. Go now. Your manager is waiting for you right?"

 

"Yeah. Goodbye!"

 

I waved at her and the people in the practice room and left.

 

I walked towards the BigBang van and sat next to the driver. Then, I fell in to deep thoughts again.

 

Sandara and I have been like that ever since. When I confessed to her that I love her, she blushed and told me to keep it as a secret. She said she's too shy to let other people around us know, especially 2ne1 and bigbang. Then I accepted it since Sajangnim told us not to date yet until the eldest of each group does. Bom noona and Top hyung needs to have a relationship so that me and Dara could date. But thats far from possible. Tch.

 

But Im confused with Dara. I never actually got a reply from all my confessions. She just blushed everytime I tell her my I love yous then told me to keep quiet just like what she did earlier.

 

Hul~

 

But I trust her.

 

I trust her because I love her.

 

<><><><><>

 

"So, you will have an interview today with Vogue Korea today. They will publish the mag issue next month. Be sure to answer all the question honestly and whole-heartedly. Got it boys?"

 

"Yes hyung."

 

Me and my members answered the manager in a bored tone.

 

"Okay. Just wait for their crew here."

 

We nodded and watched the manager disappear from our sight when he headed out the waiting room's door.

 

"So, hyung, what do you think would be the questions that will be asked to us later?" Seungri asked me.

 

"I think its still the usual maknae."

 

"Yeah. The life of BigBang, our music, our tours, our fashion, etc." Taeyang said.

 

"And dont forget our lovelife." Top hyung added with a smile.

 

"Woah. I think the ahjussi here is in love." Daesung commented.

 

I turned around to face Top hyung and he is grinning.

 

"Really hyung? Youre in love?" I asked him excitedly.

 

"Yes. And we're already together just last night."

 

Finally! Top hyung is already dating someone. Thats means I could date now!

 

Dara! We could date now!

 

"So who's the unfortunate girl who dated you hyung? Huh?" Seungri wiggled her eyebrow naughtily.

 

Top threw the empty water bottle he's holding to Seungri. It hit the poor guy straight on his forehead.

 

"Aww. Hyung! That hurts!"

 

"Tch. Hm. She not unfortunate. In fact, she's very lucky." Top hyung smiled dreamily.

 

Crap. I envy Top hyung.

 

"Who is she hyung?" Daesung asked

 

"Yeah. Tell us." - Youngbae

 

Top hyung leaned forward motioning us to come closer. We did what he gestured forming a circle.

 

He is smiling from ear to ear while the four of us are curiously waited for him to answer.

 

"She is... beautiful."

 

We groaned and face-palmed. Top hyung is such a spoiler.

 

"Ahh. Hyung! Tell us!" I whined.

 

"Ya~ You already know her. But Ill let you know who she is... soon." He smiled then laid his back comfortably on the sofa.

 

"Aish. Hyung! Not fair!" Seungri whined too.

 

"Hyung please." Daesung pleaded.

 

"No."

 

Then we heard a knock and the door suddenly opened revealing our manager.

 

"The crew's here. Come now."

 

We nodded and followed the manager to where we will have the interview.

 

<><><><><>

 

"And for the last question... Can I ask something from your lovelife?"

 

We all nodded with a shy smiled plastered on our faces.

 

"Okay. Jiyong?"

 

I smiled and nodded.

 

"I am not currently dating anyone. But I know, I will be. Soon."

 

The interviewer smiled giddily. "How soon?" She asked.

 

"Well, sooner than you think. Knowing that Top hyung here is already with someone." I pointed at Top hyung who is now smiling and nodding shyly.

 

"Yeah. We heard about it. Hm. Top, I heard your girlfriend is your labelmate. Im guessing she's from 2ne1?"

 

Top hyung nodded and mumbled "Yes."

 

Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri and me turned to Top hyung, surprised. Its not her, right?

 

"Well, since the leader and the maknae is too young for you... Im pretty sure she's one of the famous Park Sisters. Am i right?"

 

"Yes, you are." Top hyung smiled widely.

 

Me and the members stared at Top hyung with shocked expressions. Im not feeling good about this.

 

"Is she Park Bom?"

 

Top hyung just smiled.

 

Nah. It wont be Bom noona. They always fight whenever and wherever they met. Im pretty sure Top hyung's girlfriend isnt her.

 

But then, who? Could it be-

 

"Or is it Dara Park? Your leading lady in Gummy's music video? The one whom you shared a kiss with."

 

Top hyung smiled wider. "Im not telling. But you can just wait. Im actually planning on proposing to her on YG Family Party next week."

 

"Ooh. Thats great! Well, good luck then. Hope she answers yes."

 

"Thank you."

 

"Now. Moving on to another member. Hm.. How about you, Taeyang?"

 

That was the last thing that I heard before I drowned myself with deep thoughts.

 

Could it be Dara? Top hyung and her are sweet whenever theyre together. They built a strong bond after filming the mv. And theyre still keeping that bond up until now.

 

. Is it the reason why Dara wont reply to my confessions? The reason why she dont want to let everyone know that I love her?

 

God. Top hyung's girlfriend is... Dara?

 

<><><><><>

 

"Jiyong, the party already started. Arent you coming?" Youngbae asked me on the phone.

 

"Of course, I am."

 

"Then come here now. Top hyung is already getting ready for his proposal. You dont want to miss this moment right?"

 

"Of course! I wont miss it for the world." I lied.

 

No, I dont want to see him propose. Especially if its for Dara.

 

"Okay. Come her now. Hurry!" Then he ended the call.

 

I threw my phone next to me. It landed safely on the shotgun seat. Then I irritatedly slammed my hands on my steering wheel.

 

God. What should I do?

 

I looked at the night sky and started thinking again.

 

Top hyung is a dear friend to me. He has been guiding me like his own dongsaeng. He has been pushing my back to let me continue. He has been supporting me always.

 

He loves me like is his little brother. And I love him back. Not the gay type though.

 

Hul~ I love Dara too. But she loves Top hyung and he loves her back. He is even proposing to her tonight.

 

I breathed in heavily and prayed. I, then, made up my mind and started driving to the venue.

 

Im pretty sure I could handle the sight of him proposing. I know I can.

 

<><><><><>

 

I arrived at the venue and the staff welcomed me warmly and guided me the way to where the party is held.

 

"Oh looks like Top is already proposing to his girlfriend. I better watch this and capture this moment on cam."

 

The staff hurriedly left me and I stood on the entrance, shocked.

 

Top hyung is kneeling in front of Dara while holding a ring. She is covering her beautiful face with her flawless hands. And she's happy though there are visible tears in her eyes.

 

"I repeat, will you marry me?"

 

I felt my chest hurt at the sight. I breathed heavily and walked inside the venue but I stopped.

 

Dara looked around and when she spotted me, she smiled then turned to Top hyung again.

 

"Say yes!" Everyone started yelling.

 

Then the tears from Dara's eyes fell and she smiled.

 

I cant take it anymore. I felt that my chest hurt even more. I hurriedly walked away from the venue.

 

When I was meters away from the entrance, I heard the crowd cheering and clapping.

 

"She said yes! Kyaaah~!" The staffs cheered.

 

I just felt the world crashing down my feet.

 

"Congratulations hyung." I mumbled.

 

Then I ran as fast as I could trying to be away from the cruel world.

 

Dara.. I love you.. thats why Im letting you go..

 

<><><><><>

 

I stared at the door of the church. There, a woman was standing in her long, white wedding dress, looking so happy.

 

She's beautiful.

 

A beautiful melody was heard on the entire place then she started walking the aisle gracefully with her hand clinged on to her father's arms.

 

A few moments later, she was already standing in front of me. I stared at her and smiled. I reached for her hand and kissed it.

 

"Congratulations."

 

She smiled. "Thank you Jiyong."

 

I squeezed her hand gently before passing it to his groom.

 

"Thanks Best Man."

 

"Welcome hyung."

 

Then I bowed at them and walked to my seat. I looked at how happy they are while walking towards the altar. They are staring at each other, lovingly.

 

I sighed.

 

Top hyung is happy and so is her. I should be happy too.

 

<><><><><>

 

Aigoo~ Im sorry for writing a story with a not-so-happy ending.

 

Hul~ I actually love happy endings but we must also accept the reality right? Even if it damn hurts. 

We must accept the fact that Daragon might not end up with each other in the end right? Dara might be seeing someone, not Jiyong. And Jiyong might be seeing someone, not Dara.

 

But dont be sad. There are no confirmations yet and we found a lot of evidences with Daragon, right? So cheer up!

 

Good day Applers! 

Hengsho!

 

Newbie writer,

-ziness-