We don't have to be friends y'know

We don't have to be friends y'know [hiatus]

~ ~ ~

Kevin listened to his iPod while sweeping the floor. Once again few costumers had entered the shop so Kevin assumed it would be alright to have something to pass the time.

He got to the aisle where Kiseop knocked down the cartons and stopped sweeping.

'That guy hasn't been in here for a while now. Must have found another shop. I wonder how he got on...not that I care.'

He sighed and resumed sweeping. He clicked the button for the next song. But his thoughts blocked out the sound. 'Maybe I do care. Or maybe I just pitied him?' He gathered the dust and dirt into a pile, propped the brush against the shelf, and went to get the dustpan from the storage. While in there he noticed a box that was full of the bars Kiseop gave him. He grinned 'But I have to admit, he is extremely cute and adorable' He found the dustpan, blew the dust off it and went back out.

Where he found Kiseop. Standing beside the brush.

'He's back...' “Um...hi. Need help?” Kevin quickly pulled out his earphones and turned off the device.

“Yeah. My radio broke a few days ago and only now had I time to get a new one.”

Kevin groaned internally. 'Top bloody shelf'

Kevin set down the dustpan.

“Wait” Kiseop said suddenly “first I'll help you clean up this mess”

Kevin stared at him. He don't know how to react. He emotions towards this man were very much mixed at this point. A little angry, a little thankful, a little annoyance and a tiny, tiny amount of happiness.

“Kiseop, why do you want to help me so much? Seriously, I can do it on myb own”

“I just-”

Kevin didn't want to hear a petty excuse “Okay, fine. Just do it then.”

Kevin got on his hunkers and held onto the dustpan while Kiseop swept up the rest of the dirt into it. Once finished, Kevin took the brush from Kiseop and dumped the dirt into a bin. He went back into the storage room, put the brush and dustpan down, and searched.

'Top bloody shelf. Why that one?!' He pulled out the step ladder 'He always wants to help me too! I know he's just being kind but...I dunno...it's my job to do this stuff, not his'

Once out, Kevin set the ladder down at the right shelf. He stepped up and reached up to get a box. He could feel his work shirt ride up. He was now conscious of Kiseop watching him...stretching...his lower back and lower stomach on show. He grabbed a box and stepped down. He felt heated and held the box out for Kiseop to take. He tugged his shirt down quickly when Kiseop wasn't looking.

They walked over to the till. Kevin tapped in numbers.

“Okay, that's thirty one fifty.” Kiseop handed him the money.

Kevin watched him fold the change and tucked them, neatly, into his pocket. He wasn't awkward like last time.

“Thanks, Kevin” His voice was quiet. He picked up the box and was about to turn when Kevin put his hand on Kiseop's shoulder.

'Well, here it comes. My brain betraying me' “Kiseop, what's wrong?”

 

 

Kiseop looked blankly at Kevin, maybe blinking a few times. 'Oh god...he asked me. He seems to actually want to know as well! I can't say nothing again as he obviously knows something is bugging me' Kiseop turned fully to face Kevin. Kevin looked straight at him. Kiseop clutched the box tighter to him, breathing a little quicker.

“Kiseop, we both know this isn't my place and hell, I feel like I'm breaking every single rule but I can't help it. I don't know why. But if you want to leave it or hit me and never come into this store again, I totally understand.”

But Kiseop looked down at the box, away from Kevin's eyes, and shook his head. “I'll...” he whispered “I'll stay.”

He slowly put the box on the counter.

“Kevin. Do you know what it's like to come home, completely empty, knowing that no matter how much blocking out you can do, that emptiness will always be there?”

Kevin slipped his hand off his shoulder. “Um...well I don't live with anyone...so I guess I und-”

“No. That's not the same” Kiseop felt tense “You still have some life in-” 'What am I doing?!' Kiseop stepped back a bit “I'm sorry...I shouldn't do this to a stranger...I have to go.”

He placed his hands on the sides of the box and looked at Kevin. “Thank you for wanting to listen but you're still a stranger to me.”

“Right...even though you love to help me and seem to enjoy talking to me” Kevin grinned

Kiseop chuckled and looked down at the box. 'Thirty one fifty for a dead conversation? Totally worth it when it comes to him'

“Here” Kiseop looked up at Kevin “I'll get that”

Kevin walked around the counter and took the box from Kiseop. They walked in silence from there until they reached Kiseop's car. Kevin placed the box into the backseat. Kiseop sat into the car and started it up. “Don't worry you'll see me again.” He grinned “I've half a carton of milk left”

Kevin smiled but wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. Kiseop drove out of the small parking lot. As he looked in the mirror he watched Kevin walk back into the shop.

He stopped the car on the path outside the shop. He looked over to it and saw Kevin through the shop window. 'You're so gorgeous. Why would you want to see if I was okay though?' Kevin then went out of sight. The shop's lights started to go out one by one. Kiseop started the car up again and drove down the dark road, to his empty home.