Gig 3

Geek in the Pink

I AM IN LOVE.

As beautiful as it sounds, it scares the hell out of me. For I’ve never been in love. I have never been touched by love, nor I am willing to be touched by it . I dont want to be trapped by that lingering feeling toward someone particular. Experiences told me nothing good come out of it. Don’t ask me what kind of experiences. They happened eons ago and I’m never in the mood to talk about them. Some things are better left buried deep.

When the realization strikes me, the fear of being in love posesses me. so, I do what I do when things start to go out my hand. I do what I think best. I run away, from her, the one whose shadow shines up  the darkest hour of mine. I move out from my dorm. I change my number. I don’t tell anyone about my new address, not even my bandmates.  They are curious of how and why I act, but never ask further when I threat them I’ll disappear if they keep meedling with my business. They agree much to their dismay, but they can do nothing, they need me anyway. I am that important to them (actually I begged), they even agree to my requests to perform somewhere far from our regular club, far from Hyun. It’s all that matters, far away from her, my Kryptonite, Seo Joohyun.

I did hide well for the next few months. It’s been four months, a week and three days since I escaped. Everything goes smoothly. So smoothly that I curse myself. It kills me that I can not see her. I long for her. There are times when my desperate heart wish for  her popping up in front of me, showing me those sparkling eyes and chanting her contagious giggles. Those devastating times, like always, are beaten by this coward heart of mine. Despite the fact that being without her has taken the life from me, I think as the time goes by, it will get better. Life will be easier. Well, it continually proves me wrong. It’s getting harder to breathe. It’s suffocating. Yet I keep on prolonging the pain of not having her in my life.

Then,on one gloomy day where the sun hides among the clouds, I was strummin my guitar when my eyes caught a glimpse of someone familiar.

 I was shocked.

I never saw it coming.

To my horror, She found me.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note :

Dear Subbies and Commentees (I dont think the latter is a correct word in English, but you know what I mean, right?)

,

You are nothing but a dear for subscribing, reading and comment on my story. I know that I lack in many ways , especially because I just keep updating a short chapter each time. Therefore, I am so grateful because of your encouragement and all.

 

Love,

fatenism