Gig 1

Geek in the Pink

As expected, she will always come to my gig. It is not that difficult for me to locate her because she stands out the most of all people, at least to my eyes. Well, it’s not that hard to find her, really. After all, she will always wear something PINK along with her pink-framed glasses. This time she wears a pink cardigan matched with her pink hairband. All the time, she will stand right in my 3-o’clock direction. So, as I said before, it’s not that hard not to miss her. I asked her some long ago why on earth she loves pink very much. She said nothing special, just because. I felt that there was something more about it, but I didnt ask further. She can be very stubborn, you know? Once she decides not to talk about it, she will stick to it no matter what.

This geek, I mean this girl, is my best of friends. This girl is special. Why? Because she is the only bestfriend girl I have. With her, I feel comfortable and safe. She is comfortable because I can be myself around her, no need to act cool and composed, things that I’d do to keep my image stay in place. She is safe because I dont think I will fall for her and she wont fall for me. I bet you’ll ask where this confidence comes from. Well, we did talk about it in the beginning o our bestfriendship. We thought that there is zero possibility that we would attract to each other. We are, after all, not each other’s type. I will go for y and outgoing girls and she will go gaga for neat and composed man. And the best thing from this bestfriendship, she is not nosy and noisy as my previous girlfriends (i’m not in a relationship at the moment, too busy with my band gigs. As for her, though she squeals a lot over some guys, like that guy is cute, that oppa is cool, I never found her in a relationship, whereas I know some men have tried to ask her out). I asked once why she wouldnt date  one of  those guys, some of them were really close to her ideal type, clean and neat, everything I’m not hahaha. Her responses were, folding her arms and staring at me with those sharp eyes, asking me whether I was sure that I want to have this girl talk with her. Well, that shut me off. I dont like complicated things (gilrl stuff is complicated u know?) and she knows me very well.

Anyway, with this stand, we sail this friendship with no ruckus at all, except we do some bickering of where to hang out, what food we need to buy for our get together with our gang, which game we need to play, which music we should listen to from our MP3 player. You can’t call them problems, right? She is content and I am happy. All is well.

That’s what I think. Imagine my surprise when she came to my dorm one day, with that gloomy face, with swollen eyes hidden behind her glasses. I stood up right away and walked hurriedly toward her asking what is wrong. She just shook her hand and kept silent, tears started falling from her eyes. I pulled her close and wrapped her in a hug. Tryingto soothe her, I pat her back repeatedly. Then she mumbled somethin I didnt quietly understand. So I asked again what’s the matter, hugging her closer. Then she whispered she cant do this anymore and pulled herself away from me. I stared at her in confusion and then tried to move closer to her. She raised her right hand asked me to stop right there. Fear crept in my spine, my brain started workin on what deed I have done to her that makes her like this. So, pleading, I asked her whether I wronged her, asked her what I did, so I could fix it. Again, she shook her head again. In despair, I shouted to her, why on earth she acted like that. Then she told me someting that will change our relationship forever. She said that those three words I fear to hear from her. I freezed when the words got out of . She then said, it has been long she has this feeling and she can.t hold it any longer. I was speechless and unable to think . She stared at me and I stared at the floor. I wanted to say something, but I didn’t know what to say. I heard her calling my name once, twice, thrice. The last call was done with shout so, like it or not, I reluctantly, tried to look at her eyes. I found her stopped crying already, though the traces of her tears were shown clearly on her face. She whispered my name then told me that I did not need to think about what I said. She just wanted to let it out. She did not need his respond. She said that with that forced smile. She kept going saying she knew that he doesnt see her that way. She then asked for forgiveness for not keeping their promise to stay bestfriend forever. She said that she would only break her promise this time. It wont happen again in the future, that next time they meet she’ll be the Seo Juhyun, Jung Yonghwa’s bestfriend again. And with that last word, she hurriedly went out of his dorm.

And ever since that day, I never saw her again.