Sunday

Days (A Monday Couple Series)

 

 

Sunday.

 

Ji Hyo : Haih.. That Kang Gary.. That Sunday was so embarrassing! I love him a lot though, so don't tell him I said that!

 

_______________________________________________________

 

It was the last filming for the second season of Running Man, and the producers were planning to make it grand since all the members were to be given a 6 month break before we returned for the third season. 

 

As I sat in the Dressing Booth's chair and waited as my coordi unnie did my make up, I chatted with her about this and that. About my upcoming projects, about our recent Running Man promo overseas and about my relationship with Gary oppa.

 

"So.. How far along are you?" she said, with a cheeky grin and I nearly choke. 

 

"Unnie, how do you know?" I ask back, clearly in shock. For a second, I felt angry at Gary oppa, wondering if he had told everyone other than the members.

 

"Aish.. Unnie has been working on you for so long. You really think I wouldn't know when you're glowing like this and that you're a little chubbier?"

 

I accept the fact and tell her the truth, making her promise not to get a word out to anyone as me and oppa weren't wedded yet.

 

"I'm afraid that won't be a problem anymore, soon.." she replied, chuckling.

 

Blanking out into what everyone called my classic 'Mong' expression, I ask her to repeat what she had said as I didn't quite catch it but she shooed me off to the filming, claiming that the best episode yet was about to start.

 

I sigh, grabbing the long train of my dress as it dragged across the ground. Everyone was supposed to dress formally today and I glanced at the huge set up for the stage. A huge golden Running statue stood tall and proud and our chairs were divided into groups of two.

 

Ah, it has to be like, a special review episode.. This seems like Strong Heart, even though its not, I thought.

 

I was the third to arrive, Suk Jin oppa and Jong Kook oppa had reached early, both dressed in white tuxedos with a red tie hanging from the collar of their neck. I took a seat on the nearest plump, red cushion before a loud "YAH, SONG JI HYO! FIND YOUR OWN CHAIR!" made it's way to my ears.

 

I got up, a little angry as I was extremely tired, but I knew it was rude if I just took my oppa's chair. Thus, I walked along the line of seats, searching for my name.

 

Ji Suk Jin and Kim Jong Kook.

 

Nope.

 

Lee Kwang Soo and Yoo Jae Suk.

 

Nope again.

 

Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo.

 

Figures.

 

I laugh at how much the staff paired us up together before I realized that Haha oppa was going to be sitting next to us, alone. The image of him sulking next to me sent me into a giggling fit and the next thing I knew, I was clutching my stomach, trying to stop the tears that were coming from my unstoppable laughter.

 

 

"May I ask why you're laughing all by yourself, madam?" came of soft voice from beside me and I turn, wiping away the 'almost-tears' from my eyes. It was Gary and I gave him a soft smile, explaining about how Haha oppa wouldn't have a partner during the show.

 

He reassured me, claiming that the PD would surely throw in our Maknae FD Dong Wan as a substitute. I giggle again at the idea of those two play-fighting next to each other.

 

EVERYONE GATHER ON SET! I REPEAT, WILL EVERYONE PLEASE GATHER ON SET!

 

As the PD grabbed the MegaPhone and was starting to read out the order list and instruct the crew, I saw Haha oppa, Jae Suk oppa and Kwang Soo run to the stage, each in a white tuxedo and a red tie, except for Jae Suk oppa who got the special green bow tie instead.

 

"Song Ji Hyo-ssi," came the booming voice of the PD through the megaphone. "Would you please hit the slab?"

 

I push myself off the seat and run towards the marker, nearly tripping over my long red dress in the process. Mumbling a low curse, I hear the members laugh at my foul language and I hurriedly grab the take.

 

The slab felt cold against my fingers as I raised it up, feeling a bit suspicious at the funny looks the crew was giving me.

 

"I'm hitting the slab now! 1! 2! 3!"

 



 




 The recording started off with the usual introduction from Jae Suk and then we were briefed about what was going to happen for today. 

 

"Today, the members must answer questions fro the viewers and watch the Top Moments submitted in from a survey. We will also play a few missions that will be randomly chosen."

 

"Today's winner will receive a very special prize," proclaimed the PD, and I notice the staff give each other a sly glance.

 

They were gonna have something up their sleeves today, I knew it.

 

"Alright, let's start off with our Haroro's favorite moment," said Jae Suk oppa and Haha oppa started creating a huge melodramatic scene, rolling around on the floor like he was in an action movie, before propping up and proclaiming that his favorite scene was the solo win he had in Ep. 130, The Reincarnation Episode.

 

Just as the bright light from the screen started to shine, I felt a warm hand enclose around mine. I quickly turn towards Gary, mouthing a 'What are you doing?'. He hushes me discreetly, before his fingers against my palm. Soft and warm was his touch and I felt myself blush, hoping no one would notice.

 

"Ji Hyo?" 

 

"Chun Sung Im!" came the yell from Jae Suk oppa and I immediately pulled my hand away in embarrassment.

 

I had zoned out yet again when they were calling me, and luckily, Jong Kook oppa hid it as me just being 'Mong'. I think they noticed Gary's cheeky act and Kwang Soo gave him a sly look.

 

"What's your favorite episode Mong Ji?" asked Jae Suk oppa, and I blurred out, fumbling and muttering incomprehensible words until they switched my turn to Gary's.

 

"How about you Gary?"

 

"Ah, mine has to be this episode's best moment," came his response, looking at the screen with a cheeky grin.

 

What?

 

Today's moment?

 

They have something like that?

 

I turn to face the screen and to my shock, a video of me and.. Gary oppa started playing.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8kXfQ7Gxc

*credits to the Youtuber who made an posted this*

 

As the screen faded away, I glanced around in shock, watching as all the staff and the members were cheering and clapping. I look down and there he was, kneeling on one leg, with a small box in his hand. He opens it up, and there it was.. The diamond I always wanted from Macau..

 

 

"Song Ji Hyo.. We've been together for the past 3 years and they have been the best years of my life. You're a wonderful woman and every single particle of my body loves you."

 

"I promise to take care of you, wether you're mong, or bad, or in Ace mode or just lovely. Will you please be my wife?"

 

 

I just stare at him, all while noticing Haha and Kwang Soo yelling at me to say yes. Suk Jin oppa, Jae Suk oppa and Jong Kook oppa seemed to have tears in their eyes as they gave me a nod, as if saying, 'Go ahead. Be happy. You deserved it.'

 

I give Gary oppa a long glance, before I break out into a smile, shouting out a loud 'FINALLY!'. He laughed as he slipped the ring onto my finger, swooping me up into his arms as he twirled me in circles.

 

The members gathered around us, pushing and shoving to stand the closest to us before Jae Suk oppa looked at the camera and informed them that the Monday Couple would be getting married next month and once the short break was over, we'd be back to film the 3rd season.

 

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, THAT'S A WRAP! CUT!