Saturday

Days (A Monday Couple Series)

 

 

Saturday.

 

Suk Jin : Aish.. I remember it as if it was just yesterday… I normally have Saturdays as a day off and I always sleep in. It just so happens that someone gave me a call that morning, at 7 am! It was our Ji Hyo and she was crying.. I promised her that I wouldn't tell anyone about what had happened that day, so I won't.. but, she's better now and that issue isn't present anymore!


 


 


I was going to murder him. Not for real, but I'd like to see how far I could take that figure of speech once he got home.

 

Clutching the small object to my chest, I try to convince myself to just go for it and accept the outcome as whatever it would be. I walked back and fourth, pacing awfully fast in the comforts of my - well, OUR - bedroom. I felt lightheaded and honestly, all I wanted was to cry. I couldn't though as I had done both of the said actions in the wee hours of the morning, after Gary had gone to work of course.

 

Stressed and kind of convinced that I didn't need to use the small tester in my hand for the 5th time, I threw the tiny stick across the room and winced at the sharp 'pang' it made as it cluttered across the bedroom floor.

 

I, Song Ji Hyo, had missed my period.

To make things worse, I had a puking spree in the bathroom last night while my boyfriend laid in bed, snoring too loudly to hear the chocked sounds I was making with my head in the toilet bowl.

 

Pregnant.

 

The word itself sent a sharp pain through my ears.

 

Didn't we use protection?

 

I asked myself that question a million times until I realized that we didn't, the last time we had . The memory fresh in my mind as I replayed the act in my head.

 

 


 


We had been clubbing, well I was mainly. It had been a long day at the studio for Gary and though he followed me to the club, he sat by the bar, preferring to watch as I danced alone. 

 

Swaying my hips from left to right, I left all inhabitations behind as I danced, having fun under the strobing club lights. Soon enough though, another song started up, a love song. Feeling a little excited, I stepped away from the dance floor, moving towards my oppa in hopes of asking him for a dance, until I felt the slimy greasy hands of another clobber on my waist.

 

"Hey baby," he said and I shrunk away, disgusted at the foul stench that emitted from his mouth. He came harder at me, trying to shove his lips on mine as I pushed him away, looking around for help but noticing that everyone was too busy minding their own business to notice.

 

Damnit, I thought. The bar was a few good feet from here and Gary oppa probably wouldn't be able to find or even hear me if I yell. Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I readied my foot for a swift kick at the man's family jewels.

 

Just as I lifted my leg, the drunk bastard staggered back, recoiling from a punch that had just hit him square on the nose. I watched as he clutched his face, trying to stop the blood that was spewing everywhere while muttering out curses at his assailant. Another hand grabs my shoulder and as I spin around for another kick, I realize it's Gary oppa and immediately stop.

 

His face showed a contorted look and I noticed that his hands were shaking, from what I wasn't really sure. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm, dragging me as quickly as possible from the vicinity of the club and into his car as he drove us home. He didn't say a word to me at all during the journey and I felt a little intimidated. This Gary was someone I had never seen, the Gary that Gil had talked about. The one who could fight well and punch hard.

 

Soon enough, we reach home and it isn't even a minute after we walk through the door that he slams it shut and props me against it.

 

He kisses me fiercely, undoing the scarf around my neck at the same time and once he's done, he throws it to the floor. His hands, soft at the palms and calloused at the tips run through my scalp, massaging my head as his mouth worked it's way down my jaw.

 

"Why, can't they ing understand it?" he growls against the soft flesh of my neck, nipping at my sensitive spot.

"Oppa?" I ask, a little confused as my head lolled backwards.

"That you belong to me," he replies, moving his head back to look into my eyes before slamming his mouth onto mine. He kisses me furiously, teeth and lips clashing, darting his tongue in until the need for air is too much and he pulls away.

"You're so ing beautiful," he whispers, gently nibbling my earlobe. He drags his lips down, slowly, before resting it on my collarbone and proclaimed,"You're so damn amazing, and I ing hate that they can see it." 

His hips start to grind against mine at a rough, fierce pace and an embarrassing whine leaves escapes my mouth.


It was a long night.

 


 


 

 

An hour later, we were cuddling in the soft spread of his velvet mattress. Gary oppa was always one for comfort and I chuckled, remembering how he was said to have a 'Prince like syndrome'.

Maybe he was prince like?

He did take care of me after all, an example well being how he saved me today. The incident did have me thinking though, and I asked him the question that had been boggling my mind ever since we left the club.

"How did you know where I was oppa?"

He looks a little shocked at first before bursting out in a fit of uncontrollable giggles, and I playfully hit him on the head.

"Seriously oppa," I tell him.

"Alright, alright.. I was just.. Out of all you could have asked, this is what you decided upon? Hahaha.. Regarding your question though, you don't think I keep my eye on you everywhere you go?"

"Ahhh! Stalker!" I said in a mocking voice, teasing him for how cheesy he was being before he pulled me onto him. I straighten myself out, about to yell at him for not warning me until he says a quiet statement.

"That's right Chun Sung Im. I am Kang Gary, your ever amazing stalker. The stalker who will always be by your side, the stalker that will always protect you and the stalker that will always love you."

A slight smile broke out on my face at his words, and I whisper back, "Not a stalker oppa.. A boyfriend, and someday, you'll be something much more.."

I fell asleep then, the sudden fatigue of our vigorous night draining all energy out of my body. 

If only I had realized how we were too lost in ecstasy to have remembered to use protection.


 


 

 

Tears slip down my face and I immediately wipe them away with the back of my hand. Glancing at the clock that hung above the shelf of Gary oppa's collection of caps, I trembled, realizing that it wasn't much longer until he would be home..

 

I was scared.

 

Scared to tell him what I knew now and I was scared for his reaction. He could leave me or be really angry that he wouldn't talk to me. I didn't know for sure but my head went on and on in making more crazy scenarios.

 

I slowly lift the hem of my long sleeved jacket from the waist up, grazing the tip of my fingers against my belly, wondering about my little child.. Our little child, growing inside me. I briefly considered naming him, a small act of happiness on my part to try and cheer myself up from the desolating mood, and settle on a nickname instead.

 

Cheon-sa.

 

Can I call you Cheon-sa, baby? Just until we settle things through?..

 

You're my little Cheon-sa.

 

Rubbing the flesh on my belly once again, I sigh, running my other free hand against my scalp to pull my hair back.

 

Oh oppa.. Let us please work this out.

 


 


 

 

It isn't long before Gary returns home, his body hunched and face tired, it was obvious that it had been a long day at the studio. With the fact that his Tiger JK hyung had left Jungle entertainment and moved to another label of his own, the burden of work had only increased on Gary's shoulders.

Ji Hyo was glad that he was home but the thought of what she had found out had never left her mind.

Still though, she smiled; trying her best as she moved into a restrained grin. She can see that he's tired, his shoulders tight, the muscles bunched and aching but he didn't hesitate to give her a wink, dumping his backpack and coat onto the shoe rack.

"There's my Mong Ji," he says and she almost forgets about her fears.. Almost.

Just as he's about to reach his hands out and pull her in for a hug, he notices the slight tear marks that had stained her face and the little smudges of mascara around her eyelids.

"Ji Hyo, why were you crying?" he asked, worry finding it's way into his tone of voice. She doesn't answer and he repeats his question, this time a little louder as he took a step closer to her.

She sighs, muttering about how she had watched a sad movie earlier and hadn't washed off her smudged make up. He almost believes her, almost as he knows her too well to figure out when she was lying.

Soon she get's off the chair she had been sitting on and almost falls, reaching a pale hand to the wall in an attempt to steady herself.

He nearly falters watching this because he can't remember her ever looking this tired and he berates himself for not noticing earlier, given that she was all he thought about. All that he wanted and needed.

He lets out a harsh breath while noting the fact that she couldn't keep herself up right. Her legs looked as if they would buckle again any minute and her face was solemn. Why was she so exhausted?

He watches as she inches closer towards him and it suddenly flares all his anger because he knew she was hiding something for him behind her facade of strength. She was his girlfriend for the pass two years, he of all people should know that.

"Tell me what's wrong Ji Hyo!" he yells, hurt that she would keep a secret from him.

She keeps quiet, casting her face down as tears dripped from her eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong baby.."

Finally, with a solemn glance, she looks up and unclenches her teeth, muttering out the once sentence he never expected.

"I'm pregnant, oppa.." she says and it takes all he has not to faint.

His mind backtracks, trying to remember the incident which would have caused this before.. oh.. well, at least he knew why she was mad now. Their last time had taken quite a toll on him and he had.. forgotten to use the wrapped foil in the slot of his wallet.

He stares at her for a good while before muttering out another question.

"When?"

She closes her eyes and sighs before she answers, "The nausea has been coming on for the past week, I missed my period this month and I was vomiting last night."

He opens his mouth, ask if to ask 'Why didn't I notice last night?'

She quickly replies with a "You were sleeping so peacefully, oppa. I didn't want to disturb you."

"I.. I don't understand," he finally says. Glancing up and looking into her clear eyes, he's confused and somewhat lost.

"You held this with you for so long?" he asks and truth be told he wasn't ust completely stunned and somewhat.. happy.

She nods and it looks like she's about to break down and cry all over again, so he rushes forward and holds her steady. He whispers all the words of comfort that he can think of, anything to make her feel better. Anything, to make her know that this was 'okay'.

That they could handle it all, as long as they had each other.

She looks up at him, her eyelashes wet before letting out a choked sob and whispering about how they weren't married and that everyone, the netizens, their sunbaes and dongsaengs, even her parents would say things about her.

He advises her, saying that if they weren't willing to help and if they said harsh words, they weren't important. She looks down again and Gary ponders a thought in his head before tilting her face back up and whispering the words he had kept for so long.

"I will marry you Ji Hyo.. Don't you ever doubt that," he says brushing aside her locks, damp from the sweat.

"Just.. just give me some time.. I want, I need to make sure I can keep you.. and the baby satisfied."

"I'll make a press statement tomorrow, for you, and tell them that we're planning to tie the knot soon. Have.. have some faith in oppa, please?"

Tears stream down both of Ji Hyo's cheeks as she cries at how sweet he was being, how he was not yelling at her to just abort it, their child, how he wanted to keep her happy. She threw her arms around his neck and planted kisses all over his face. He in turn, wrapped his hands around her waist and presses his lips to her head.

They stood in the room as still as statues for what could have felt like hours before Gary breaks the silence.

"I hope it's a girl." he murmurs and she laughs at his wish. She slowly pulls back and cracks a smile, probably the first of the entire day and stares at him.

"Well, I hope it's a boy."