{Chapter 1} The Meeting

{The Yearbook} Starring EXO's D.O.

Chapter 1;

BUUZZZZZZZZZZZ. I slowly open my eyes to the sound of my Hello Kitty alarm clock and the harsh sounds of the sky pouring down on the pavement outside. It is one of those stormy days when the dark clouds would engulf the sky and rain furiously without stopping. Even as the weather progresses I couldn’t stay home and do nothing, I have a test today and I’m not going to miss it no matter what, it’s the test that would decide my school ranking and I don’t want to be scored second to last again.

I topple over onto the floor while trying to reach for my alarm clock. Just when I finally regain my balance my older brother Il Sung storms through the door nearly blowing the door right off the hinges, “HEY! If you break the door you’re paying for the damages! ” I yell as he tackles me over onto the bed, “I just got out of bed,” I whine and punch him carefully in the ribs, “What do you want?”

His body becomes limp, the heavy weight holding me down releases, “Good luck on the test.” His gloomy eyes shoots back and forth from me to the floor and back again, “And remember, Oppa is watching!” He flashes a smile, “If you fail this time I will eat all the cake you saved up”. Without warning he dashes out my room. I couldn’t be more worried about him.

 


 

I lock the gate behind me as I begin to walk to school carefully avoiding puddles that could stain my uniform shoes. My umbrella should be noticeable from any direction because of its bright yellow hue and since it was slightly dark out my umbrella should do me good.

I finally got a mile into my route when I notice an elementary student being man-handled by some old dude who looks rather shady. I drop my umbrella and I rush over to her side holding both of my hands out in front of her protectively, “Let go of her!” He chuckles and swings what seems to be a metal rod, “I’m her father! Girls like you should be more respectful of your elders! GET LOST!” I easily stop the rod mid-way and shove it out of his cold hands, “By the way I see you handling a child I can tell you are not her father.”

I slip a quick glance at the girl before snapping my head back to the man, “And her face tells it all. And if you haven’t already noticed but all the office workers, parent or not, should have gone to work hours ago.” I lean toward him, tippy toeing to create an edgy effect, “I know everyone here,” My face remain calm even though what I just said was a small lie, I know most of the people that live around my neighborhood but I have never seen him before and if my hunches are correct… “And I haven’t seen you before. Now if you don’t mind,” His face cracks up showing me his weakness, “I’m bringing her to school myself. If she is your daughter I’m sorry.” I bow respectively, “You can talk to her when she comes home but I don’t trust you right now.”

I turn and drag her away from the stunned old man and leaving several store-owners in shock and in terror as one shop owner fishes for her phone and dials for the police.

 


 

By a few blocks I let go of the little girl’s hand, “I’m sorry for dragging you like that.” Her big doe-like eyes look at me, “Are you okay?” I bend down to her level, “Yes. I am. Thank you.” She talks in short worded sentences. She leans in to hug my drenched body; I carefully wrap my arms around her back. Her arms ease and release going back to her sides, “He wasn’t my father. I am really grateful you helped me,” She bowed at a ninety-degree angle making me feel nervous, “Ah! It was no problem at all!”

She straightens her back and stares at me sweetly, I wanted to hug her even more, “Where’s your school?” She points to a direction behind me I turn around to find my school in that very direction, “You go to a high school?” I hold my face in disbelief, “No! The elementary school beside it!”

I rotate to the little school beside my school; I haven’t really noticed it before until now. It had two floors and looked more like a residential building rather than a school.

 


 

I wave my good-byes to the little girl who seemed to be not very popular, her classmates seems to glare at her as she slowly strolls toward the gate. Strange, I would have thought a girl like her would be able to fit in well.

I turn on my heel and stride toward the prestigious four floor school, Yukan High. It was built by and named after some Japanese who want to teach the students here Japanese. It is said to be one of the top Japanese-Korean schools around here. Only model students can succeed in this school and so far it’s not going so well for me here being the second worst student in my grade.

The stares and laughter of my classmates reminds me that I forgot my umbrella back when I dropped it to save the girl. My hair is icky and wet; it lies flatten upon my face making me appear creepy. My uniform is stained in mud and I have no hope for my shoes seeing myself like this so I didn’t bother looking down. I look like I woke up in the shower in my uniform. ‘Great way to start the day’ I thought.

 


 

I sulk towards my locker and snap the door open revealing tons of garbage. It crashed all over me covering me with banana peels and half eaten candy bars. I stand there in shock not knowing what to do, at this rate I will be late to the test, “How do you feel about that?” A high pitched snicker to my right, I turn around cautiously.

I am not surprised to see Hye In standing there laughing her knee socks off, “What is your reason this time?” I nervously ask, my voice cracks, “What have I done to you this time?!” Her eyes gleam in victory as she strolls up to my vulnerable body, “This time?” She plays innocent as her eyes glowed in evil, “I just did it because I was bored,” Her eyes narrowed at me making me feel like a thousand daggers just shot through my lungs enabling me to breathe, “And the trash needed to be taken out,” the way she smirks makes me want to just slap her in the face, “Do me a favor. I forgot to throw one more piece of trash out. Why don’t you go sit in that darling of a seat over there?” Her pampered 2-inch nails shoots toward the trash can at the end of the hall.

I looked in the direction only to find that a large crowd has formed and all of them baring joker masks.

My heart sank. I’m late for the test! If I don’t get to the classroom soon I won’t be able to lift my ranking and all this ridicule and bullying won’t ever stop.

“Hey! Let her go already!” A tall figure emerges from the crowd along with a few others.

He is tall and has a strong build, the dark circles and bright hair reminds me of a panda.

To his right stood a shorter but slender boy, he has bright blonde hair that really stands out. He is in one of my classes but his name escapes me.

The last one who stood slightly behind the blonde-haired boy is slightly shorter than the others and his eyes were as innocent as the eyes of the girl I rescued earlier today. His eyes shows unsure-ness, his entire demeanor doesn’t seem very confident at all, but there was some spark that flashes through him.  

The three of them strolls up to Hye In and her goons who watch their every movement in amazement, “Oh. Tao!” She addresses the panda-like one.

Her cheerful voice runs a shiver down my wet back, it is so fake, “I was just helping her clean up this mess she made in the halls,” She giggles and half the crowd nearly bursts out laughing, “Commoners right? So messy and dirty.” She kept her eyes on Tao and so does her goons.

Tao turns around to the other two boys beside him and snaps back at Hye In, “Commoner or not, you don’t have the right to do this.” He keeps his cool even though Hye In on the hand is steaming in anger, “You think I did this?!” There is silence and then I notice that I am being lifted up by the two other boys and before I knew it I was being carried out of the hall. 

 

 

{If you guys enjoyed it so far, leave a comment!~ I hope you guys liked it! It's my first try at fan fiction writing so please excuse the mistakes that might appear while you are reading. Uploading Soon~ Subscribe Please >u< }