Chapter 3: Drunk Confession of Kang Gary

Monday Couple Fan Fiction

Something strange happened. It was 2 o’clock in the morning and I was dreaming about me and Kang Gary winning in a couple race but suddenly my phone rang. I was so angry that I shout at that person without looking on my phone who it is.

“WHO ARE YOU!!?? WHY ARE YOU CALLING THIS LATE!!???” I said in a loud voice like an ahjumma.

“Hel.. *hiccups* lo?” Answered by a familiar voice but the person sounds drunk. “Mong ji! Hahaha It’s me.” It was Kang Gary’s drunk voice on the phone.

“Oppa? Are you drunk?” I askeven though it’s really obvious just by hearing his voice.

“Nooooo! Shhh! Hahaha *coughs and sounded like his going to vomit* Hehehe” He is not just drunk but wasted. Poor Kang Gary.

“Omo!Oppa! Are you okay? Do you want me to pick you up? Where are you?” I became so worried and don’t know what to do.

“No, don’t worry. I’m okay *hiccups* I’m Kang Gary! Hahaha “ He sounded like a retired person.

“Oppa! Why did you call then? It’s already 2:07 AM and I’m so sleepy….” I ask. Him calling me at dawn and have nothing to say? Aiisssh.

“Mong Ji! Listen to oppa (me)” He said. So I just listened to him. “We’ve already known each other for some quite time now. Recently, I wrote lyrics whilst thinking about you.”After saying those heart whelming words. He rap the song he composed for me, entitled JI HYO BLUES. It was so cool and sweet that my eyes are getting teary. I’m so touched that was the first time I’ve received a such a wonderful gift in my whole life.

“Oppa, that’s so cool!” I said  while wiping my teary eyes.

“Ji hyo-ya, I will love you no matter how tiring it is. Can you be my girlfriend?” He confesses in a low sweet voice (though the fact he’s drunk).

I really don’t know what to say. I know that he’s drunk and he can forget about what he said tomorrow morning. After saying those words, I just hung up the phone. I’m totally confuse right now. Some people said that if your talking to a drunk person they only say the truth. Is that means Kang Gary sincerely loves me?. I’ll just talk to him tomorrow.

In the morning, I texted Kang Gary.

Oppa, Let’s meet for dinner. I have something to say to you.  

–   Ji Hyo

I barely slept last night. I kept on thinking on what he said, “Ji hyo-ya, I will love you no matter how tiring it is. Can you be my girlfriend?”. I don’t what to say. Should I answer yes or no? Is this wrong or right? Why do I keep on hesitating even if I know that I have feelings for him, too. Maybe, this feeling I have for him isn’t a permanent feeling or am I too scared to get hurt?. I don’t want to ruin our friendship.

I want to meet oppa and clear things out. I want to make a decision on what I really feel. I want to know if I have feelings for him though the fact I only knew him for 2 months. Why do I fall in love do fast?, Do I really love Kang Gary or just the idea of him?. I keep on asking myself these questions that it goes on and on but I can’t find the answer, unless me and Kang Gary talk about this situation. My head is telling me we’re friends but my heart is telling that we’re more than that.

It’s almost dinner time. I need to get ready and go to our meeting place. I arrived at the restaurant and saw Kang Gary. Why does seeing him makes me nervous? All I think about is that  I have to make things clear so that there are no misunderstanding or miscommunication. But the moment I saw him, I panicked like I don’t why I’m there or what am I doing. Like a pabo. So I took a deep breath and went towards him. I awkwardly greeted him and sit down.

“Oppa, annyeong… hehee” Me being awkward and mong (blank).

“Mong ji, you’re here?” He greeted me comfortably like something didn’t happen.

“Ji hyo-ya, let’s eat first before we talk ‘cause I’m so hungry. Is it, okay?” He asks.

It’s weird how he act like nothing weird happened. Is he pretending or because he’s drunk that day he doesn’t remember anything?

So we just ate our dinner and talk.

“Oppa, do you remember last nigh--” I ask but he suddenly cut me off. “Ji hyo, about the other day. Hmm.. I don’t know how to say this.. but.. I don’t remember anything happened last night. Did I do something weird?” He asks curiously and like wondering what happened last night. It was a drunk confession that make me wavered and made my heart fluttered. “Weird? Why?” I ask as if I don’t know anything. “All I remember was calling you and… and… Aissh! I really don’t remember what happened after that. Did I say something to you?” He continues asking me thin on what happened. But I just can’t tell him because maybe he’ll say that I’m just making a story. “You did call me last night but you just said, “Hello Mong Ji!”. Then, you hung up the phone.” I know I lied ‘cause I want him to remember what he really told me. Who am I fooling? He called and confessed to me while he’s drunk and I was expecting he’ll ask me again today. He was drunk and I should’ve not expect something else. Now, he can’t remember what happened. Should I forget about it too? And pretend like it didn’t happen?. “Really? Ugggh. Mianhae (Sorry), if I did something wrong or anything weird.” He apologizes even though he can’t remember what really happen.

There are some points in life where you pretend to deny and forget things just to avoid getting hurt. Maybe, this is just like those points that I have to pretend so that I can’t get hurt but to be honest, even though I pretend to be happy or like something didn’t happen, I can still the pain but what can I do? I seriously don’t know what I’m doing this. I want clear things but I’m making it worse. This is not the right time, isn’t it? Sooner or later the right time will come and I just have to let it all out. Worrying over things and over thinking causes so much drama in life so I’ll stop thinking of this and go on. Good things happen to all the people who deserve it maybe some have bad things happening in their life but that doesn’t mean that there’s no more happy ending. We just need to wait patiently for the good things and great blessings to come in our life.

“Kang Gary, it’s okay. I’m okay. Hmm… are you finish eating?” I ask him. I’m the king of changing topics. “Yes, I’m finish. Want to go somewhere else?” He respond. After having a dinner, we went to Han River. Usually people who hang out there are couple having a date or married couple who reminiscing their sweet past memories. As soon as he stopped the car, I asked “Han River? In all places that we can go, why here?”. He looked at me and smiled, “I really want to go here in the beginning with a special someone but I can’t go because I’m busy but being here with you makes me happy. Ji hyo-ya, thank you for being here with me”. Kang Gary, why are you doing this? Or are you just playing with my feelings?. “Really? Hehe you’re welcome, I guess.” I responded awkwardly. After staying there for an hour by just playing the radio and looking at the river is so relaxing and with a special someone. What more can you ask? Then, we both head home.

It wasn’t the kind of night I’m expecting but at least I had a well spent night. Thanks to Kang Gary.

 

END OF CHAPTER 3