Constantly Humiliated

Constantly Humiliated
 
 
Dear Diary,
 
I'd be lying if I said nothing happened at school today. In fact, a whole lot happened today.
 
Did you know that Sehun has been getting picked on too?
 
Turns out he has been, and a lot worse than I have.
 
 
 
Sehun turned up at school alone, as he always did. He lived on the other side of town from Luhan, so it would be pointless to get a ride to school with his best friend, and he didn't even get to see Luhan at school much anyway. Hence, he'd walk to school alone, easy prey for the other thirteen year old kids. If he ran into the wrong people on the way there, his hat would be knocked off and pinched, his lunch money stolen, to name a few.
 
But it'd gotten worse since someone had misunderstood his relationship with Luhan and spread spiteful rumours about it.
 
It had escalated from hat-taking and stealing the little contents of his wallet to hair pulling and kicking, having drinks thrown on him and being thrown amongst the bins, and sometimes straight into them.
 
He told Luhan, who had no idea as to what had been happening. Luhan confronted the major offenders and stood up for his younger best friend. Luhan thought it had been sorted out.
 
 
 
I swear, I had no idea. Sehun never said anything, and he acted like everything was fine. He never told me anything! He said everything was back to normal! Why didn't he tell me?
 
 
 
It began to get out of hand, and Luhan had no idea. The harsh words started flowing but Sehun kept it to himself. The fists began flying but still, Sehun told Luhan nothing. The only thing Sehun wanted was to keep Luhan out of it - he couldn't bear it if his best friend became a target too, even if he was a few years older. His pretty face wouldn't help him; his innocent doe-like features would only be easy to laugh at.
 
Sehun would rather be picked on then have it happen to Luhan. It would eat him up from the inside if it did, and he wouldn't forgive himself. Luhan meant too much to him - he'd never really known what friendship was until he met him. He didn't want to lose him in a hurry.
 
Luhan's home was by Sehun's side and he didn't want him any further away. Figuratively, of course.
 
 
 
Why didn't he tell me?
 
It's so frustrating, knowing he was going through all that without telling me. Why did he suddenly cut me off? He's always told me everything, so what've I done wrong? Why doesn't he trust me anymore?
 
He doesn't know how I feel, but he knows I would never hurt him. Never. So why has he been suffering in silence?
 
 
 
The day Luhan found out was the day that he'd insisted on pestering Sehun all through lunch on the grounds that Sehun had apparently been distant towards him. Upon being told, Sehun suddenly realised that it was true, although he'd had no idea that it had been happening.
 
"Luhan, please! I'm trying to study! Go and bug someone else!" Sehun pulled his book back from Luhan, hoping to drive him off with boredom, which he thought could work. Little did he know, Luhan wasn't planning on going anywhere. He was completely oblivious to all the stares they were receiving, and the mocking comments from all over the cafeteria.
 
Only Sehun heard them, and it hurt him inside. However, Luhan seemed immune. Whether it was because he didn't care that people were teasing him or because he was too dense to realise it was him they were talking about, Sehun didn't know. But he admired him anyway.
 
Luhan laughed exaggeratedly, and pulled the textbook back from Sehun, bonking him on the head with it lightly. "You, mister, have got to lighten up! Since when have you been so into your grades anyway? You always have time for me after school."
 
Some chuckles and giggles were heard on the nearby tables and some witty remarks were made about Luhan's comment, but he didn't notice. Sehun felt like dying right there - Luhan being around always ended in him being mortified. He loved Luhan to bits, he really did, but it was Luhan's fault that Sehun was always the student body's target.
 
They teased Sehun for being gay for Luhan.
 
Sehun wasn't a homophobe in the slightest, but when he was constantly being abashed and bullied over a fact that wasn't true, he began to despise the thought of it. He just wanted to prove that he wasn't gay for Luhan, but didn't know how to, and Luhan wasn't helping his case.
 
Sehun snapped, springing to his feet, his chair scraping on the floor of the cafeteria before falling over backwards and crashing to the floor with a sound that silenced the whole room.
 
"LUHAN! For Christ's sake, JUST LEAVE! You're stupid and you're ruining my school life! I don't want to talk to you!"
 
 
 
He really scared me. I didn't realise he could be so loud, and I'd never seen him that angry.There was a fire in his eyes and a dangerous aura surrounding him. It intimidated me into silence, even though I'm the elder.
 
I searched his eyes for an explanation - what was that outburst all about? I was acting the same way I'd always been.
I just didn't understand. What had I done wrong!?
 
 
 
Sehun threw the book down onto the table with all his strength, shoving Luhan's shoulder forcefully, his chair sliding backwards a little in the process. It was so out of character - he'd never lost his temper in front of Luhan before. It wasn't like him at all.
 
With one last glare, Sehun turned to leave, but was drawn to a halt when a load of scorching hot liquid burned his face and ruined his hair and clothes. Shocked to no end, Sehun wiped the hot soup out of his eyes, wanting to cry in embarrassment.
 
A familiar face smirked down at him, the ring leader of the bullies that constantly - Kim Jongin. "Ooh, a breakup, was that?" Some chuckles followed his snide question, and he carried on. "Sorry, thought it needed some soup in the mix. We all know gay guys like it ."
 
Only taking his comment as fuel, Sehun bellowed, "I'M NOT GAY!" Hurt to the core and with his hands shaking from anger, he stomped past the offender on flying foot, leaving Luhan at the table. He heard the expected outbreak of laughter as he neared the door, but halted once it registered that it had cut to an abrupt stop.
 
He turned in his place, seeing a sight that surprised him.
 
 
 
Okay, I know what I did wasn't like me at all. But I couldn't just sit there and watch him publicly humiliate my best friend! I won't sit quiet if Sehun's in a bad situation - I'll take his side no matter what. He means too much to me; I won't let him go through things like that alone.
 
Not to mention... It was pretty fun.
 
 
 
There Luhan stood, an empty polystyrene cup of soup in one hand, and an empty cup of coffee in the other. The contents of the cups were all over Kim Jongin's face. His palms were pushing on his eyes and he looked in pain, and Sehun briefly remembered that Luhan enjoyed his coffee extra hot, and extra strong - something that would sting like hell if it made contact with your eyes. Kai yelled in pain and keeled over, a couple of his female followers rushing to his aid.
 
If looks could kill, Kai would have died fifty times over. Luhan glared down at him and impelled the empty cups at the top of Kai's head, though they had no effect whatsoever. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!? He was yelling at me, not you, and you had to come and STICK YOUR UGLY NOSE IN?" Luhan exploded, but took a deep breath to calm himself down. Kai still couldn't look at him, for fear of going blind by method of coffee.
 
Running a hand through his hair with a sigh, Luhan crouched down next to Kai and said in a low voice, "I'm not an angry person, Kim Jongin, but don't hurt Sehun ever again, or else I will be angry. " There was a dangerous tone to his voice as he continued, "Oh Sehun is mine to annoy, not yours. He's my best friend, and that won't change. You touch him again and coffee won't seem so bad."
 
Kai said nothing, but Luhan assumed he got the message across and stood upright again. He turned to look for Sehun, surprised to find him still stood by the cafeteria door. With one last glance down at Kai who was rubbing his eyes furiously, he picked up Sehun's textbook off the table and made his way calmly over to Sehun, the entire room of teenagers deathly silent.
 
With a gentle smile, he put a hand on Sehun's shoulder and turned the shocked younger boy around, guiding him in the direction to the bathroom. "Let's go get you cleaned up, yeah? That soup smells disgusting."
 
Sehun, though angry before, felt a sudden surge of affection towards his best friend and pulled him into a tight, soupy hug. He didn't care that it was in front of the whole student body - he didn't care what they thought anymore. He knew he wasn't gay, and that was all that mattered. As long as he had Luhan to keep him happy, everyone else could think whatever they wanted.
 
He wouldn't let it affect his relationship with Luhan again.
 
 
 
And he hugged me. It surprised me a little and I still smell of soup, but I don't care. As long as I have Sehun in my arms, I don't really need much else.
 
I think it was his way of thanking me, but he didn't need to. He's saved me plenty of times, too, and I'd be willing to do it again for him if he needed me to. I'd do anything for Sehun, as he's more than just a best friend to me - he's a soul mate.
 
And I love him... But I won't tell him that. But he'll never read this so...
 
I love you, Sehun.
 
 
 

 

If you liked it, please upvote and comment! ^.^