Pretty Girl

Pink Tape (One-Shot Collection)

Every school has the so-called “campus crushes.” They are those who are blessed with good looks, nice body, and most of them also have the money to pretty themselves more than they already are. Envied by lots of people for having those pretty faces that seem to glow and enlighten a dark room. They always get people’s attention by just standing in the middle of the crowd.

 

And there you are, standing along with the crowd, mesmerized by their beauty, admiring their glowing skin, those shiny, white teeth, and silky, black hair. They are princesses. And you are nothing but a commoner.

 

If a fairytale is to be a reality, you’ll be just one of those commoners of the kingdom, while they’re those princesses living in humongous castles with brave knights protecting them.

 

As the so-called “campus crushes” walk out of the cafeteria, you found yourself staring at the door. You looked in front of you and saw a book and piles of papers and notes that you have to study. You are the school nerd. Others adore you for getting straight A’s. While others, you assume, think that you have a weird fashion sense. You aren’t a complete fashion terrorist, and you are quite updated with the latest fashion through magazines that you happen to look through in your favorite bookstore, before buying the next book that you want to read.

 

An idea then popped out of your head that is full of words from the latest page of the book you’re currently reading.

 

“Do you think I will also look like them if I try to beautify myself and wear flashy clothing?” You asked your friend, who’s busy eating her food.

 

She gave you a perplexed look followed by a raised eyebrow as if asking you, “Are you serious?” She never uttered a word though, but you got it. Of course you did, and you defended yourself.

 

“I mean, just for a change you know? Do you think people will even try to give a little time looking at me if I did? I don’t look bad, do I?”

 

As if getting your point, your friend took a sip of her juice and said, “You aren’t that bad unnie, but our looks are mediocre compared to the Jung sisters. And don’t tell me that you aren’t pertaining to the younger Jung, whom you fancy. I’m sure you’re thinking that if you try to make an effort to look a bit like them, she’ll notice you, right?”

 

Your friend caught you red handed when she mentioned your crush with one of the “Princesses,” but you defended yourself again and reasoned, “It’s not that I’m hoping that she’ll finally notice me. I was just curious Luna. I mean, if I try to dress a bit like them, do you think we won’t look as ordinary?”

 

“But what for Am? You’re the one who kept on telling me before that what’s more important is being comfortable and being yourself. If you try to be like them, then it’s not like you. That’s not your style.” Luna told you as she took another bite of the chicken nuggets that she’s eating. “And besides, they have the money to buy such designer clothes. We don’t.”

 

You only heaved a deep sigh of disappointment before adjusting your glasses and continued on with your readings. Luna then added, “And besides, as cliché as it may be, I still believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For you, you might look ordinary, but who knows, you might look like a ‘prince’ or a ‘handsome knight’ for someone.”

 

Such statement brought a smile on your face before you added, “A nerd ‘prince’ at that,” and both you and Luna burst out into laughter, not caring how people inside the cafeteria are now looking weirdly at the both of you.

 

“No matter how ordinary you look, it’s still up to you if you want to be the main character of your own fairytale.” Luna said with a smile. “We are beautiful in our own ways, we just have to be ourselves.”

 

==============================

 

I like Amber because she's a combination of pretty, handsome and cute with some additional features of a dino and llama face. LOL All five girls are pretty and beautiful in their own ways. But in my eyes, when it comes to beauty, I admire Krystal's the most. It's not that I'm saying that the others aren't as pretty as her, but it's just in my definition of beauty, she perfectly fit in it. As for Amber... ugh! That girl is just so... >.< I couldn't help but to fangirl at her from time to time. LOL Actually, Amber caught my attention the first time I got to know f(x), which was when they debuted. She caught my eyes, followed by Sulli and Luna... I never really noticed Krystal much in LaChaTa for some unknown reasons. kekeke

You guys might also ask why I'm updating this instead of TOP SPEED and my other on-going stories. I really am busy. I don't even want next week to come. TT____TT But I was just so stressed out I guess. And writing one-shots are easier because they're random ideas most of the time.