Rum Pum Pum Pum: First love like a wisdom tooth

Pink Tape (One-Shot Collection)

 

I’m not really fond of sports, but here I am, sitting from a corner of the field, where there isn’t much people walking around. I really feel like a stalker everytime I sit here and watch THE Krystal Jung run around the school’s oval. Long, slim legs, milky, white skin, a pretty face that is incomparable to any beautiful girls in the whole wide world, and a real y body topped with a chic attitude that others see as rude, but as weird as it is, I find hot and makes her even ier, heck she’s nothing but pure perfection! She even looks so hot even when full of sweat. Even I can’t think why goddess like her exists in this mortal world. Well I think God made her so that a lowly mortal like me will have someone to look up to… so that I will have a physical definition of perfection, beauty and goddess.

 

“You really are so crazy about her.” A voice beside said. I looked at the source of the voice and saw my best friend Luna walking towards me then sat beside me while sipping her cold bottle of juice.

 

“I-I’m not!”

 

“Tch! Come on Amber Josephine Liu, this is not just an ordinary crush… You’re in looooooooove.” She teased as she playfully raised her hands and put them on her head to form a heart shape.

 

“Aish! I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I denied some more, but the truth is, she might be true.

 

I can’t get her off of my mind. When I’m not thinking of something or not doing something, my mind will automatically think of her. She’s always in my mind that sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode. Thinking of her too much is giving me headache.

 

When she’s sitting near our table in the school café at lunchtime, I become so anxious. I become so conscious of the way I eat, asking myself, “Do I look like a decent person? Don’t I look like a hungry caveman, who didn’t eat for a week? Darn, is she even looking or even taking a glance on this side?” and things like that. At the end of the break, I just find myself sitting in front of my half empty plate with an unsatisfied and still hungry stomach.

 

“Why don’t you try and make a move?” Luna asked me.

 

“Why would I even take the effort to do so? As if she’ll notice somebody like me. I’m just an ordinary school nerd. Who am I compared to those guys, who are openly declaring their admiration for her?”

 

“Aigoo, aigoo… Let me just remind you that you are not just an ordinary student, Am. You are THE Amber Liu, the school’s number one academically. And who said you’re nothing compared to those guys, who walk around full of themselves? You are kind-hearted and down-to-earth unlike those guys. You might not be that good in athletics, but hey, you can’t have it all. Just give it a try. You’ll never know what’s inside the box if you won’t open it.”

 

“But I…”

 

“No buts! I’m tired of seeing you sitting here everyday just to watch her from a far. Let yourself known Amber.” Luna said before standing up and patted my shoulder. “Oh yeah, don’t forget your appointment with my dad later. You better remove that wisdom tooth of yours so it won’t give you headaches anymore.” She said before finally left.

 

Somehow Krystal can be paralleled with this wisdom tooth. It’s bothering me 24/7. I find it hard to eat and sleep because of the pain, and I know that even if I remove this, it’ll forever leave an empty space to remind that it once existed and gave me headaches.

 

-----------------------------

 

After 7 years…

 

I was walking on my way back to my apartment from work when I stumbled upon an appliance store. Showing there was a commercial of Krystal Jung endorsing an energy drink since she’s one of the representatives of Track and Field in the Olympics next year.

 

I stopped for a moment and a smile formed in my lips as I remembered the past…

 

My first love…

 

=========END===========

 

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT...

 

 

 

I resumed my walk and that’s when my phone beeped, indicating a received message. I opened my phone and smiled as I saw the message that read:

 

Don’t forget my mangoes, stooopid.

Love you! ;P

 

-Ddyeodong

 

 

======================================== END ===================================

 

 

One down! LOL Hope you liked it.