Chapter 7 - The First

You Are The Only Exception

 

The next morning, Nichkhun shot up out of bed. 'It's the start of a new day!' He smiled to himself. He walked over to the bathroom clasping his cheeks with both hands. 'Nichkhun hwaiting!" Nichkhun headed downstairs and wolfed down his breakfast before returning upstairs to continue his daily routine. Soon enough, he was out the door and on his way to school. He was even early today! 'Something's just aren't meant to be Khun.' He told himself. Every time a vision of Yoona and Donghae popped into mind, he shook his head and hit himself. Hurrying into school, his paces quickened before he came to a stop. He had bumped into someone or something. "Ouch.." He heard them mutter. Immediately helping to collect the scattered books, he stood up offering a hand to the figure sitting on the floor. The person sitting on the floor accepted his offer and stood up. Returning the books, Nichkhun bowed continuously apologising for not being careful. The girl also did the same and their heads collided. "I'm really sorry! I-" she said in English. "Oh! Sorry I forgot.." She quickly corrected herself in Korean. Nichkhun burst out laughing as did she. 
 
The girl before him was beautiful. Her smile in particular. Nichkhun had never seen anything like it before. It was as if all of Nichkhun's sorrows and been melted away at that moment. Nothing mattered. Just for a second, time had stopped in its tracks. 
 
Rubbing his head wear it had met the girl's he told her "It's fine I speak English too!" She wore a shocked look on her face. "Really? That's amazing!" She smiled again. "I'm Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang" she said. "Nichkhun, Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul" he mimicked. 
 
Nichkhun led the girl to the reception before heading to class. By now it was already past the time he usually arrived. 'I guess Yoona's late again..' He sighed to himself. He put a pencil between his nose and mouth and pushed his lips forward balancing it. Minutes passed slowly as he stared out of the window watching the clouds float by slowly until finally, the teacher had arrived. He was surprised that he, himself hadn't even noticed Yoona's arrival. She was sitting, looking forward at the teacher, back facing Nichkhun. He didn't like it. How she had suddenly become so distant with him. How could he lose significance in her life so easily. 
 
"Class, we have a new transfer student from the USA, Miss Hwang, please come in. I trust that you, my lovely students will take care of Miss Hwang won't you?" He said with a threatening glare. 
 
As soon as he heard "Hwang", Nichkhun's eyes shot from Yoona's back to focus on something behind. 
 
"Tiffany!" He smiled and waved at her. 
 
"Omo! Nichkhun! That's such a coincidence!" She grinned. 
 
"Well .. Seeing as you appear to know Mr Horvejkul, you may take a seat next to him. Chansung if you'd please.. " 
 
Immediately, sitting up upon hearing his name, a tall, male student sitting on the left of Nichkhun, stood up and moved with his materials. He rubbed his sleep filled eyes and yawned as he made his way to a free desk. 
 
"Hi!" Tiffany whispered to Nichkhun a clear hint of excitement in her voice. "Hey!" He replied. 
 
Both of them were oblivious to the girl sat in front of Nichkhun who looked at them, a pained expression on her face.
 
'Does he know her? Nichkhun seemed to know her really well. A transfer student from the USA? That means he must have met her recently right? But how are they so close.. I thought Nichkhun was a shy person.. I thought I was the only one who he had immediately hit it off with.
 
I thought I was the only exception..
 
Or maybe I was just a first..'

Hello! Tiffany has arrived :) So I am trying to make this easier to read so - 

Bold and Italics - Is English conversation

Italics - Is thoughts and flashbacks 

Well thanks for reading yet another chapter :) Update coming soon :D