Chapter 5 - The 'Hang Out'

You Are The Only Exception

"Wooyoung?!" Nichkhun's mouth fell open. He was stunned. "What are you doing here?" 

From behind Wooyoung popped up Taeyeon and Yoona, who was stood behind them, hands held together in front of her. An awkward smile crept onto Yoona's face. "Sorry for inviting them without asking you beforehand.." Yoona looked down apologetically. "No it's fine.." He smiled hiding the secret disappointment he felt in his stomach. "Planning to go out without me hmm Khun?" Wooyoung said pouting and throwing his arm around his best friend's shoulders. "I feel cheated on.." he sighed, faking a shaky voice. "OWW!" There was a sudden exclamation of pain. Taeyeon pinched his ear and pulled him down to her level. "Don't forget that I'm the one you are dating! And stop teasing him!" she scolded in his ear. Wooyoung raised his hands in surrender "Okay okay..Now please release me you monster!.." With this comment he was asking for trouble and it came as Taeyeon stomped on his foot as she released him. Yoona and Nichkhun chuckled as Wooyoung grabbed his, foot too pained to make a sound. "Sorry for the intrusion Nichkhun-ssi" Taeyeon said smiling at him as she bowed sincerely. "Shall we go and have lunch first?" she asked completely ignoring the wincing Wooyoung.

Soon after entering a restaurant, they were eating. 

Taeyeon took a bite from Wooyoung's burger causing him to give her a dirty look.

Yoona and Nichkhun smiled at them as they continued their meal happily. "So where do you want to go?" Nichkhun asked before continuing to eat his noodles. "And you laughed at my appetite!" Yoona exclaimed before filling with rice.

 

After the meal, Nichkhun paid the bill following much disagreement. They headed to the bowling alley which Taeyeon had suggested and they'd all happily agreed to. The scoreboard showed that Nichkhun was in the lead with Taeyeon second, Wooyoung third and Yoona failing miserably. "I'm guessing you haven't done this before.." Nichkhun said with a laugh. "I have.. I'm just not good!" she replied faking a cry. "I'm sure you are good.. we're all just ..better.." he said choosing his words wisely as he smirked. Meanwhile, Wooyoung was being scolded and hit for 'praising' Taeyeon. "It's no wonder you are second.. with that strong arm of yours! I know from first hand experience!" He laughed. "I'll give you more experience if you want because you are clearly asking for it!" she raised her fist at him in a threatening manner. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he gave her a peck to calm her down earning a light tap on his face. "You are such a handful.." she muttered.

It was Yoona's turn to bowl and Nichkhun stood up with her. "Learning from the ace, how lucky!" he winked at her. That wink made Yoona's heart melt but she played it cool by scoffing. "Right.. the ace." Nichkhun placed his hand on hers as he helped her swing the ball in a swiping motion. Their two hearts were beating as one however neither knew how the other was feeling. "Like that" he said slowly and they repeated but with the ball actually leaving Yoona's fingers this time. They both watched the ball roll down the alley in anticipation.. "YES! Strike!" they exclaimed High-fiving one another. All of the pins were knocked down. "For once the ball didn't go straight into the gutter!" he exclaimed with sarcasm. "I was considering going to ask a staff member to put up the barriers especially for you." He winked. "How thoughtful." she laughed. "Alright Wooyoungie you are up!" Taeyeon cheered as her boyfriend stood up walking to collect a ball. "Wooyoungie you are so cool!" Nichkhun called like a fan girl. The ball left Wooyoung's finger tips and was going straight down the middle of the alley. He turned around to Taeyeon giving her a wink pointing both fingers at her. He spun around only to find that the ball had swerved off into the gutter. This caused an outburst of laughter among the other three.

Taeyeon sighed "So embarrassing.." Like an irritated child, he had a tantrum and in the end Taeyeon bowled his next ball for him.

After bowling they visited the local arcade. Both girls ran to a shooting game. Wooyoung and Nichkhun asked in unison "So you are sure you are both females?" before they grinned at one another. The girls just rolled their eyes as Nichkhun inserted the coins. Taeyeon hit Wooyoung. "What was that for I didn't do anything!" he pouted. "Stop making Nichkhun pay all the time!" she said "And you Nichkhun! stop paying! Let us pay also." she smiled at him before glaring at Wooyoung. "You are so mean to me Taengoo" he pretended to cry. The girls picked up the guns and began shooting the zombies mercilessly. "Omo.." Nichkhun looked at them shocked. Next they walked over to the air hockey table. They grabbed two pusher's from the other vacant hockey table and began to play. "Khuna Hwating!" Yoona called as she smiled to Nichkhun. "Haha Khuna, I like it!" he chuckled. "WooTae Hwaiting!!" Wooyoung shouted immitating Yoona however Taeyeon just grabbed the puck and started the game. 

BAM! 

For the 3rd time the puck flew into the goal after Nichkhun swiped his pusher at it. He High-fived Yoona as she jumped in joy. "It's first to 7! Better step your game up!" Nichkhun winked at the couple before him.

The game ended in a 7-3 win to Nichkhun and Yoona. "You are so hopeless!" Taeyeon whined at Wooyoung. Next, they ran over to a racing game. Seeing as there were only two machines, they took it in turns with the girls playing first then the boys. "Watch the corner!!" Nichkhun called grabbing the wheel and helping Yoona turn it. "Omo! Quick Taeyeon! Taeyeon-ah!" Wooyoung cried in frustration. Yoona sighed in defeat as Wooyoung cheered for his girlfriend who had won. It was Nichkhun and Wooyoung's turn next. "Go Khunnie!" Yoona cheered. Taeyeon kissed Wooyoung on the cheek to give him support. This made Wooyoung go beserk with happiness. "Step on it Wooyoungie!" Taeyeon called. Nichkhun was in the lead. Yoona leant over and whispered in his ear for him to let Wooyoung win so he pretended to swerve off the road before the finish line. When Wooyoung won,he jumped, overjoyed and Taeyeon gave him a peck on the lips. Nichkhun chuckled "WooTae come back! You beat me Woo!" and a pout crept onto his face. On their way home, they stopped at a stall to eat some ddeokbokki before they parted ways. Wooyoung and Taeyeon set off waving to their friends. Nichkhun walked Yoona home and hugged her before waving goodbye. His heart felt uncomfortable as she walked up the steps away from him. He didn't want her to leave so soon. "Good night." he said. "Night night Khunnie! Sleep tight" she smiled at him and entered her house closing the door behind her. 

He turned around to walk home but found his heart was uncomfortable. Pulling out his phone, he smiled when he came to Yoona's name when scrolling through his contacts.

----------------------------[Yoona]----------------------------

Hey Yoona! Missing you already!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nichkhun tapped the [SEND] button.

When she walked into the house, Yoona felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out as she lay down on the sofa. She smiled and began typing a reply.

-------------------------[Nichkhun]-------------------------

Hey Yoona! Missing you already!

Of course you are Khunnie! Who wouldn't!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Smirking to herself, she pushed the [SEND] button.

----------------------------[Yoona]----------------------------

Hey Yoona! Missing you already!

Of course you are Khunnie! Who wouldn't!

Keke~ If you weren't my friend I'd hit you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He replied smiling at himself. His mind was so fixated on his phone he nearly walked into a lampost!

When he finally arrived home, he fixed himself a sandwich before heading upstairs. They spent the rest of the night conversing with each other via text messages and when they finally decided to put their phones down, they dozed off.

Their texting became more frequent and it was as if they'd never been seperated from one another. 

 

Sunday Morning

Nichkhun spent Sunday doing chores and enjoying quality family time. All the while he was texting Yoona. He washed the dishes after breakfast while listening to his sister's argue.. Something about "Put something better on!" Nichkhun who was quietly whistling away cleaning up had assumed they were talking about clothes or something but when he finished washing up he had found them both in a war zone over the remote. Yanin helded the remote control above her head smirking on one side of the sofa as Cherreen sat on the other side glaring intensely at her sister. Like a lion.. ready to pounce any second. They were so involved in their intense argument they hadn't even noticed when Nichkhun had appeared behind them. He grabbed the remote control from Yanin's hands and changed the channel to suit himself. "You two should stop bickering so much!" he grinned as he ruffled their hair and burst out laughing at the show which was being broadcasted on the tv. By then Yoona had stopped replying and Nichkhun just assumed that she was busy so he put his phone away.


Thanks for reading :) Trying to update fast! As a fellow reader I love it when I see new updates ;)

See you all next update :)