Inner thoughts

Mistake in vitro

Just a note, in the fanfic since (Onew, Minho and Amber) are triples, they will all be younger than Key by a few months though they are practically the same age.

 Sorry, this chapter is not edited so please forgive me if there is any mistakes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amber POV

I was squeezing uncomfortably like a sardine in can between key and Minho hyung in the backseat of my appa’s small and wreaked car.

I was laying my head back on the mushy leather cushions that is filled of tears and cracks running through it like the skin of a snake, trying to drift off into deep thoughts because I was utterly bored.

 

Sneaking a glance through the edge of my eyes, I saw Minho hyung snoring gently with his head resting on the cape of my neck as usual.

He was twitching his nose in his sleep as his hot breathe smoldered my cheek with every exhale of air he took.

A smile curled up my lips as I absorbed his charisma sight in the back of my mind.

I have to admit that my brother is totally stunning and I understand why girls go heels over him but I still can’t accept the way girls like to shriek “Oppa” in the most disgusting way when they meet him or both my brothers in exact since we were young, trying to act cute and sweet which always make goosebumps sprout in my arm and the back of my neck.

Hence, I swear never to call any of my brothers’ oppa ever again, I always address them as my hyungs; Onew hyung and Minho Hyung although Onew hyung always reprimand me for it.

 

They are my twins, I’m not sure if that is the right term since there is three of us but we are factually just minutes apart, Onew hyung is 5 minutes older than me while Minho hyung was 2 minutes lagging behind him.

We are practically very close though we can’t read each other thoughts like what people always claim twins can, but I can roughly guess what they are thinking by the looks on their face and their gestures.

That is how I usually manipulate my way out of troubles and punishments by using their soft spots against them.

Minho hyung can’t stand my ageyo and Onew hyung always falls for my dares.

 

I loved my brothers even though we are really different. Let’s see, Minho hyung is always the north pole. Onew hyung will be the south and I will be the person in the middle between the two extremes.

Minho hyung is a total slacker that always takes everything easy in life because he has a photogenic memory therefore he don’t really put any effort in studying. He is the one that has a lot of friends regardless of the gender because he is outgoing and charming.

Onew hyung on the other hand, is a hardworking pabo that tries too hard in life; he always put in 100% in everything no matter how easy the task can be. He doesn’t have much friends but he don’t really care because he strive for quality in his friendships but not quantity. He is shy to strangers but he can become really scary when you get to know him well.

 

Now, it’s my turn. I’m Amber Lee as you all should have known. I have nothing much in special except my obsession to be a guy that may stand out over the rest.

As you would had notice, I don’t have a very good impression of girls because most of them I’ve met throughout the younger years of my life were all flirts that can’t take their hands of my brothers and additionally they would always use me to get close to them which I’m really sick of.

Therefore I always felt that it is a disgrace to be a girl and it's the reason why I rather be a guy. Being a girl is too queasy to me.

I could still remember my childhood days when Victoria umma will force me to wear lacy dresses and braided my hair with numerous ribbons like a cute china doll, making all those ajumma and ahjusshi go crazy seeing me, pinching my puffy cheek and patting my head, calling me a cutie pie.

 

Damn it I totally dreaded those times.

I still have nightmares because of it.

How could one ever like it? 

It is a human torture and an abuse of human right because I can defy her.

 

Anyway, time changed already. Now, that I’m all grown up, I could dress based on my own preference; which means jeans, jackets and T-shirts, causal outfits that suits me the best.

Umma always nagged at me, calling me a tomboy but she can’t really do anything about it, which makes me really happy because I’m having my freedom at last.

So nowadays, I always take a boyish outlook causing many girls to hit on me and can’t say I hate it anymore because I loved the attention I get from them. I don’t even mind if they call me “Oppa”.

It is music to my ears, knowing that Minho hyung gets all jealous when I’m more popular among the girls than him.

We loved to compete against each other into winning a particular girl’s heart and I like the competition because I enjoy the thrill of earning a devastated glare from him when he loses.

 

Gosh, that’s heartwarming.

Knowing that I’m saving the poor girl’s from a player like him.

 

However, Onew hyung would always be pissed off with the both of us because he thinks that I’m no different from Minho hyung.

We are just playing with the fragile heart of the girls; fooling with the adoration and affection they have of us.

 

Whatever like I care, I’m not trying to be a knight with a shining armour.

Who cares if they are hurt emotionally?

I don’t think they even mind, it’s not like I cheating on them.

I really put effort in pursuing them making them feel like a princess though I don’t usually like/love them in that way. 

 

Yeah, Key calls me biual because of it but who cares if I’m really one?

He is gay too for god sake for Onew hyung.

Gosh I really can’t believe it, wait until he see the real side of Onew.

He probably will start fled away like crazy.

 

“Giggle…..giggles”

A wicked smirk formed on my lips as comical thoughts of him scurried away from the flaming chicken clouded my mind.

Anniyo, maybe phoenix would be a more influential representation of Onew hyung since he is so demanding.

 

Aish, don’t get me wrong, I’m not elated seeing my best friend suffer in agony but it’s just too hilarious.

And I not trying to be rude about my brother because he really do torment the both of us, Minho hyung and me in the most intriguing way that is mind blowing.

Leaving us both drained physically and mentally. Damn him.

 

Furrowing my brow, I jolting myself out of my daze and avert my gaze towards Key who remained quiet the whole journey, lost in his own world again. 

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key POV

With my hands interlaced together into a ball, I shut my eyes tightly to pray sincerely to the Gods above, hoping that they would grant my wish to get into the medical course I wanted.

I'm praying not because I’m afraid that my results would be bad. Honestly I'm not as stupid as how Minho always portrayed me as but I'm praying to erase the pleas to God I’ve accumulated over the years.

 

I'll tell you a little secret of mine; I've never wanted to become a doctor since the age of 5. I would made a prayer every night to God wishing that I would never need to walk the path my parents took and become doctors like them because I hated them.

I know it sounds dumb and naive to hate someone especially if the person are your parents but I trully despised them from the bottom of my heart although I knew they were actually very good doctors with a heart of gold. They were respectable doctors who were trying to serve the community and care for the sick and ill.

 

But to me, they are failed parents that were absent in every milestone of my life, leaving me completely in the care of my grandmother.

I loathed them because in their eyes, there are only their patients. All their time was dedicated to strangers but they had never spent any time with me. Nor did they ever spared a thought or cared for me.

I only remember taking short glance at them twice a year when they come back to celebrate New Year day and my grandmother’s birthday.

I don’t even remember them celebrating my birthday with me in the 19 years of my life. I know they would remember to sent me a present every year on my birthday but that was never what I wanted.

All I want is to spend a day with them as a complete family but it was something I never dare to yearn for anymore because I gave up hoping for the impossible.

 

A drop of tear rolled down my pale cheek as I was immersed in my trance. Nipping my lips, I tried to conceal the sobs that were erupting up my throat.

I was about to break free my intertwined fingers to wipe my tears when a gentle touch swab across my cheeks, cleaning away my falling tears.

“Pabo, why are you crying”

A concerned voice. Amber’s huskily voice to be precise rang in my ears as a pair of arms pulled me into a tight hug, burying my head against a flat wall.

 

A flat-binded chest

It was Amber

I just knew it because I felt the same secure feeling I get every time I'm close to Onew

Frankly speaking, I don’t even understand why I love him so much?

I  loved his presence

And, Amber always gave me the same vibe as him too

Maybe because they are siblings

Or does it mean more than just that?

Mollayo, honestly I really don’t know?

 

Inhaling the unique fresh scent radiating from her, I felt my mind calmed down all over again.

Encircling my hands around her waist, I pulled myself closed to her so that I could hear her heartbeat thumping against my cheek.

 

“Yah!!! Stop it, key, you’re flattening my s”

She whispered, pushing my head gently away with her palm, trying to prevent waking Minho who was fast asleep with his head lying on her shoulder.

Irritated by the pressure she was exerting on me, I grabbed on to her wrist and pinned it under my grip.

 

Flickered my eyelids, I open my eyes; tilting my head to meet her gaze. “Amber baby, it doesn’t matter right, your chest is always flat, and it can’t get any worse”

“Huh………that’s too much. I don’t care. Now, get your freaking head away from my chest now, I can’t breathe.” she gasped in fury.

Shhhh…………..you should keep or volume down or else, you will wake Minho.” I teased as I gradually lifted my weight slightly away so that she could breathe better “It’s so comfortable; it makes me feel at ease. Thank you, Amber”

“Damn it………….” she cursed crankily but her struggle to push me away stopped, allowing me to rest on her chest.

 

Thank you

You’re the best

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amber POV

 

Key, that bastard

He is always taking advantage of me

 

Staring at the head resting against my s, I felt my blood boiling. Anger was rising up my brains.

I clearly knew that I was bushing crimson because of the heat scotching my cheeks but I wasn’t sure if it was due to rage or embarrassment.

I mean he was the first person that slept on my chest and it felt weird. I felt my heart racing like a bullet train, threatening to burst out of my ribcage and I was afraid that he will find out.

 

But I know don’t really hate it?

But why don’t I?

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key POV

Grinning in triumph, I closed my eyes and indulged myself in blissful reminiscences that I had since Amber and her family came into my life.

When I first met them at the age of 15, I was just a spoiled rich brat running away from home to rebel against my grandmother’s control as all the school homework, remedial classes and additional studies; piano, singing, swimming, calligraphy, flower arrangement and tea ceremony lessons were driving me nuts.

 

I didn’t have any time to rest or do anything I liked thus being a deprived teenager I decided to packed my bag and go for a self proclaimed holiday.

 But I was stupid enough to leave all my money and credit cards at home when I left. Dumb me.

So lost and hungry, I loitered in the streets of Seoul without any penny to spare, hoping for a kind soul to save me but no one cared about me.

I walked and walked until I was dehydrated and weak. Fatigue from the endless journey, I leaned my weight against the wall, trying hard to push myself forward but my head spin and my knees gave way. I fell helplessly onto the ground and loss conscious.

 

Before I knew it, I woke up in the arms of a handsome stranger who was carrying me bridal styled. His embrace gave me a sense of security and warmth that I’ve never felt before. It felt like an indescribable feeling of home, a place that I want to belong in and this making me fall deeply in love with him.

He was none other than Onew, the love of my life.

I was actually skeptical about being in love with him at first sight especially since he was a guy but after knowing him a little better.

I found out that he was an incredible individual, not only was he clever and good in his studies but he was also a very caring brother and a filial son that would always help out in his parents’ tteok shop once he finished school.

 

However, Onew and I didn’t become friends even when I literally stay in his home for a week after the incident because I would always stutter when I talk to him and the awkwardness between us always hindered us from building a friendship. I would usually only observe him from afar.

Instead, I became good friends with his sister, Amber as we have a lot of things in common, the same sense of fashion, the same frequency of weirdness and sense of humor.

Even after I was caught by my grandmother and forcefully dragged home, I still stay in contact with Amber. Our friendship flourish over the years and we became best-friends that could practically share any secrets but I still have not told her much about my family. It is not like I’m trying to keep it a secret but since she didn’t ask; I didn’t say anything about them too.

 

All these years, I spent with them were the best days of my life. Nichkhun ahjusshi and Victoria ajumma were both really good to me. They treated me like their son, making me feel like I’m part of their family when I visited them.

Onew is always distant but friendly and helpful towards me. Most importantly, I love him and that feeling never changed from the first day I met him.

 

Amber is my angel, the savior of my life who I can’t live without. She would always save me when my life comes crashing down; when I lost the hope of living.

She was the one who pulled me out of grieve when my grandmother passed away a year ago. She could easily make me smile even when my vision was filled with darkness and I’m really thankful for it. Simple words can’t even express the gratitude I had for her. She is too precious to me.

 

Minho is the person I feared most because he likes to tease and bully me, making me suffer but I know deep down inside he does care for me too. He does treat me like his brother even when he always deny it.  I still remember him punching a filthy ahjusshi that molested me, touching my , when we were travelling on the bus.

 

Honestly

I loved her family

I loved everyone single one of them even Minho, the devil

I really hope that they can become my real family one day

I don’t mind them being poor

Because they mean more than just money to me

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho POV

Peering at the cuddling couple through my squinted eyes, I let out a soft chuckle as I whirled my head away from them so my gaze was directed to the scenery out of the car window.

 

Gosh, they should at least do it privately

I can’t believe that desperate bastard is hugging my sister in front of me

He really going to get it for me later on

 

Sigh………..

But Onew hyung is right

They do make an adorable couple

Frankly, Amber should have a normal boyfriend

And not going after girls for fun of it to win me

 

Damn it, I want a girlfriend too

Darling, where are you?

I’m waiting for you

 

Heaved a deep sigh, I continue to gape at the vehicles driving beside us and I noticed all of them picking up speed and overtaking us.

Aish, Nichkhun appa’s car was moving at tortoise speed, it’s totally crawling. I don’t think it was even travelling more than 45 km/hr.

 I could imagine the driver’s pissed faces and hear their endless swearing as they horn my appa to drive faster but that would never happen because our family car really old, ancient to be exact, it is incapable of moving without coughing out smoke.

We are already lucky that the air-conditioning in the car is still barely working or else we will be sweating like crazy in this summer heat.

 

Truthfully, I would want to scrap down our old car and change a new one but my parents won’t be able to afford another car because we are quite poor.

We were hardly surviving on the income my parents were earning from selling tteok, sweet Korean steamed rice cake.

Hence, all the three of us, Onew hyung, Amber and me would have to get a university scholarship each to be able to further our studies that why Onew hyung chose to enroll us in Sungkyunkwan University because the competition there is not so intense since it’s not the most prestigious medical college in Korea.

 

Stealing a glance at my wrist watch, I saw the time was already 11.25 am, almost an hour and a half after our results were posted out. I guess it is about time we should be reaching soon.

As though, he heard the words playing in my mind, Nichkhun appa chortled in sync “We’ve reached Sungkyunkwan University, kids.” breaking the silence that was lingering in the air.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

 Sorry for not updating for so long, I was on hitatus because there was some major problem with my computer.

Mianhae, if this chapter is abit boring because it is an introduction of some of the characters in the fanfics. The others will come in later.

Comments and subscriptions are always loved.

Please comment something, it always give me alot of motivation to continue writing.

Thanks for reading, I hope you like it.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬