Chapter 1: Anxiety overload

Mistake in vitro

Words in Italics = character's inner thoughts

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amber POV

Wiping the mist off the mirror.

A charming boyish reflection was looking straight back at me, causing a smirk to form on my face.

He totally has a face that girls are dying for.

 

 

A stylish tilted black hair

 

Innocent puppy looking eyes

 

Long black lashes

 

Sharp Jaw-line

 

Luscious pouting lips 

 

y defined collar- bone

 

Big s 

 

Big Round s

 

 

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................”

My eyes widen in shock.

 

“Umma........................”  

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I stared at the mountains on my chest in disgust.

“................Umma...............”

 

Damn it.

This is horrible.

Where are my clothes?

Where is my chest binder?

Where the heck did I put them?

 

I thought as I frantically started searching high and low for it.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key POV

“What’s wrong? Amber baby........” I cried anxiously, dashing into the toilet.

 

The steam from the shower blinded my vision, making me squirt my eyes to have a clearer view.

“Baby...........” I repeated as I reached out to fan away the mist until a flawless, porcelain figure appeared before me.

My mouth dropped open as my eyes scanned her down to up intuitively.

 

Is she really Amber? She’s gorgeous.

 

I gasped speechlessly.

I couldn’t help but stare at her chest. She doesn’t have a flat chest. She has s. Big ones too.

My face blushed uncontrollably as I stared at the physique of my best friend.

 

She’s really not a guy. Not a guy at all.

 

I gulped my saliva as I try to tear my gaze away from her..... but my eyes met her. Her astonished gaze staring back at me.

 

AAAHHHHH!!!!!.........”

Get out, you ert”

“Before I skinned you alive” she screeched, shielding her chest with her bare hands. Before, she ran to get cover behind the white bath curtains.

 

I was totally lost in my own world until a stern voice rang in my ears.

 

“Yah!! Stop staring or I’ll dig out your eyes”

He warned as he dragged me out of toilet, slamming me onto the ground.

“.Aw...” Soft whimpers escaped my lips as I rolled on the floor, rubbing my in pain.

 

Ouch, it really hurt.

My poor, poor .

Minho, I really do hate you.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho POV

“Damn it, Amber.” I hollered annoyingly, throwing her stuff to her. “When will you cut the habit of forgetting your clothes when you go for a shower?”

 “I’m not your maid; don’t expect me to get them for you anymore”

“This is the last and final time” I declared, glancing fiercely at her before turning to walk away.

 

Hyung, kamsahaminda” she whined, sticking her head out of the door, calling after me.

“Please. Don’t be angry, I promise I won’t do it again ok” she pleaded sweetly, flashing her ever charming smile as she curled her arms over her head making a heart sign. “Saranghae. Minho hyung”

 

Glancing at her cute aegyo act, all my anger melted down to zero.

Sighing, I pushed her back into the toilet and close the door behind her.

“Quickly get change, everyone is waiting for you” I yelled, turning to face the squirming pest on the ground.

 

Eye- assault my sister, you’re going to get it. You, ert.

 

I know………..hey, hyung, leave key alone, don’t kill him yet” she called out as though she read the evil thoughts surfacing in my mind.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t”

Over my dead body.

 

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key POV

Argh……Min…..”

 

Back away from me. You, monster.

Please.

 Please leave me alone.

Don’t hit me.

 

I screamed in my head, staring at the shadowing body casting over me as I retreat backwards, furthering myself away from him.

 

“I’m sorry………….”

“I didn’t mean to see everything; her body, her s and……”

 

I stop muttering as I glancing at the killer glare he’s shooting me and all my goosebumps started popping on my skin.

I quickly tried to explain myself, hoping that he wouldn’t rip me apart on the spot.

 

“Opps………I mean…I mean I never saw anything weird just now” I stuttered, covering my eyes nervously. “I didn’t have my contacts on today”

 

“Fine, I’m in a good mood today. Just pray that I don’t catch you again. I know my sister has a quite a fantastic figure under her clothes……..32B, 24, 34………….. Perfect for a girl but that’s not for you to see, dummy. Only if you’re not interested in living anymore”

 

“You get what I mean” he smirked dangerously, crashing his fist against his other hand.

“I…..I get it…………..but..... how do you know her inches” I asked curiously.

 

“Are you jealous?” he grinned, lifting my chin up to face him.

“No way……….” I rebutted defensively, shifting my gaze away.

 

Why would I be?

Is he crazy?

 

“That’s great because I don’t intend to tell you…” he answered, pulling me up onto my feet before patting my shoulders in approval. “Yup, by the way, what are you doing here? key….”

“Me…………” I pointed to myself.

“I’m going with all of you to Sungkyunkwan University to check my results”

“I’ve applied for the same medicine course as Amber, you and…………..”

 

Onew, my love

Who is currently participating in a research project there as an advanced undergraduate student even though, he’s going to start the school term with all of us if we all get in.

Please, let me make it in too.

 

“Hahahaha…………..You want become a doctor too with a pea-size brain of yours, are you kidding me” he chuckled forcefully, clenching his stomach in pain.

“Oh my god……………..love really makes people do stupid things” he continued, laughing till tears form at the edge of his eyes.

 

“Yah!!! Love really makes me do crazy stuff considering I’ve studied my off trying to ace the entrance examination and interview............."

"Do you know I almost killed myself of sleep deprivation and caffeine overdose just to keep myself awake, mugging through the nights? It’s horrible” I screamed angrily as jolts of shivers swept down my spine while I reminiscence all the hardship I’ve endure for the past few months.

 

“Yeh, I hope you get in too. I didn’t know you loved my sister that much to do all these for her. I’m impressed.” he commented genuinely, giving an encouraging pat on my back.

 

What are you talking about?

I love Amber, that’s the funniest joke I’ve ever heard.

She just my best-friend, Minho.

I like your brother, you idiot.

I’m gay for him.

 

It’s ok, I think she like you too” he said, breaking my chain of thoughts. “Speaking of the devil, I should have notice earlier that you’re always wearing couple outfits”

Following Minho’s gaze, my eyes flew to her clothes. She was wearing a black tee, jean and a denim vest which was very similar to mine except that I’m wearing a jacket instead of a vest.

 

Indeed, we look similar.

We have the same fashion style.

We look like brothers, not a couple I hope.

 

I shrugged uncomfortably at the thoughts.

 

Couple, no way.

 Definitely impossible.

She wants to be a boy and I’m gay.

How can she like me? Why would I like her?

We were friends like forever.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amber POV

 Hey, what are the both of you staring at?” I questioned as I walked towards them.

 

They are having this odd look plastered on their face when they stared at me.

 

“Nothing” Minho answered me instantaneously, putting his hand on my shoulder guiding me down the stairs.

“Let go down for breakfast, we only have 20 minutes to eat before appa drive us off to Suwon. Our results will be out at 10 am.” he explained, glancing down at his watch.

 

“Yeh, hyung.” I replied, pulling key along with us.

He was in dazed, lost in his imaginary world again.

 

“Back to earth, my friend.”

"Come back.....To E.A.R.T.H...........EARTH, brother"

"YAH!!!!..................Wake up, you idiot"

 

Sighing, I hit his head hardly with my palm, hoping that the force would refresh his lost mind.

 

“Ouch!!!!What’s that for, Woman?” he shrieked deafeningly as he rubbed his skull in pain.

What!!!! Say that again” I dared, staring at him with my piercing glare; ready to kill.

 

Damn it, no one calls me a woman.

I hate it and he knows that.

 

“I’m sorry, Amber baby.”  he coaxed sweetly after a long pause; calling me by his favourite pet name.       

“I’m just joking…really. I must have gone mad due to the stress building in me.”

Whining, he tugged my shirt apologetically. Acting really cute.

 

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” he sang continuously, driving me crazy.

“Stop it, key. Ok, I forgive you….I forgive you” I cried, covering my ears to block his ringing voice.

 

“Yeah, I just knew you won’t be angry with me” he commented happily, hooking his arm in mine, dragging me along with him. “I’m starving, let eat breakfast”

“Yeah……….” I replied reluctantly.

 

Damn it

 Why do I always lose to his soft approach?

His cuteness and aegyo.

He’s going to start taking me for granted.

I just knew it.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho POV

My vision gazed past the four people sitting in front of me on the dining table.

 

Amber was sipping her milk distastefully, frowning incessantly.

Key was playing his food, pushing it around their plate.

Victoria umma is pouring heaps and heaps of sugar into her tea that it’s now overflowing with sweetness.

Nichkhun appa is reading his daily newspaper upside down but he didn’t even notice it.

 

The tension hovering over all of them were stressing me out.

Literally speaking, I’ve totally lost my appetite.

The toast I’m still chewing in my mouth tasted like sawdust and I’ve no choice but to flush it down with big gulps of milk.

 

Sighing, I started rubbing my temples that was cringing sorely.

 “Are your really that anxious?”

“Seriously, we’re just going to get our entrance results. We are not going for another Korean war” I said calmly, staring at their dumbfounded faces, one to the other.

 

“Yah, that’s easy for you to say since you’re the clever one here” key snapped back exasperatingly, putting down his fork and knife.

“Thank you for the meal; I’ll excuse myself.” He bowed and got up from the table.

 

“Key, gwenchana?” Amber asked worriedly, holding onto his arm, signalling him to seat back down. “Don’t go. It’s going to 9 am already, we’ll be moving off soon”

“Hyung, you should stop acting like a jerk. If you don’t understand our fear and anxiety, just keep your gap up, we’ll be grateful for that.” she hissed in fury, turning to stare at me.

 

“Wow, cool off......sister. You’re not PMSing, are you?”

“I’m sorry; key.....I didn’t mean to tick you off. I just trying to lighten up the mood here”

 

“Yup, stop arguing. Come, let’s get going.” appa suggested as he pulled umma along; waltzing her towards the door of our apartment. “Hurry along, kids”

“Yeah.........” we answered in synchrony as we made our way behind them.

 

When we all stepped out of the house; I ran forward, pushing Amber and Key into the backseat of the car, squeezing in with them.

 

Sungkyunkwan University

Here we come.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Hope you like the first chapter; this is sort of an intro so stay tuned for more action. For those that are a bit lost, this would be a fanfic on college life. Don't worry, it wouldn't be a boyXboy story.

Comments and subscriptions are always loved.  Thanks for reading.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬