Why the rush?

Asianfanfics world

I mostly read fantasy fictions here, and there's a trend of werewolves because of EXO's new concept I guess, with all kind of pairing.

Personally I'm a reader who mainly read multi-pairing fantasy fiction, meaning OC/EXO, OC/Infinite, OC/Vixx, well you get it.

And in those fictions I noticed something.

When a werewolf find his mate, they inprint on her or bound with her. If it was one werewolf ok, but given that those fics are multi-pairing, the lead female will have the whole boy's group inprinting or bounding with her.

With at least five guys you'll want to see how it will develop, how the relationship between the five guy and this one girl will be like for them to bound or whatever.

And the problem is that the bounding thing is done too quickly. 

At the second chapter she already bound with one guy and at the fift, sixth, seventh or twelth, depending on how many members a group have, she would have already bounding with all of them. One after one without pause or anything to build up your expectations.

It seems like there are no begining and no middle. Just the end.

For some fictions it's ok because they kind of make you understand that when a were find his mate he'll inprint at first sight.

But even then there's not enough anticipation, because even if you know that a were can bound at first sight, you can always find a way to put space in between the bounding.

Because when you put all the bound thing together it seems like you put it there like a done thing. "Ahhh they all bounded to her so now I can begin the real thing." At least that the way I see it.

Whereas with the bounding thing you can already build great anticipation and expectations from your readers.

It goes for vampires fictions, and romance fictions too.

 

 

ANTICIPATION!

 

 

When you begin a story, you need time. Time to establish your characters personality, background, and relationship.

Sometimes you have you ten first chapters updates, in those chapters let's say that your principal characters are interating with each other but not in a romantic way. Your readers will go all: when will they get together or whatever. 

Don't be rush by your reader and take you time. Don't extend the lenght if you really don't have any idea because it will only make it useless if you add something random, but don't shortened the lenght because of your readers either.

Take your time.

 

ANTICIPATION IS NEEDED IN ALL GOOD STORIES.

 

 

Don't you like it when your heart's beating fast at each updates, when you wonder what will happen next?

I'm sure you like it. So readers and writers keep that in mind please.

 

 

ANTICIPATION.