Co-authors, dialogues and narration.

Asianfanfics world
A/N: I want to inform my currents readers and future readers that it may comes a time when you'll see a chapter concerning you. In that case please don't be offended.
________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Co-authors.

Co-authoring as I call it is an amazing idea in my opinion. So why are you messing up with such a good idea?

Co-authors are two or more authors coming together to help each other to create a fiction as best as they can and have fun doing it. That's how I see it, and I think that's how everyone is supposed to see it.

But unfortunately everyone doesn't see it that way, because I came across some really disappointed co-authoring fictions.

 

Examples:

SH: Eonnie I don't know what to do anymore.

SN: What? Something happened?

SH: I think Yonghwa wants to break up with me.

The doorbell rang.

SN: Wait a minute.

Sunny went to open the door.

YH: Seohyun let me talk to you please.

 

(This kind of fic are so annoying, have you ever read a book written like that seriously? Whether you're an amateur or a professional it's basic knowledge, you just don't write like that.) 

I'll stop here. I think you get the concept. This kind of fic was written by two authors. I decided to see some stories of the first writer, and they were all written in the same way. Then I saw some stories of the second writer. What a surprise when I saw:

 

"I'm home!" he called out as he stepped inside, tossing a curious glance at the sky. It was gray and cloudy and looked as if it was about to rain, despite being clear and sunny all morning.

"Welome home." he heard her voice say from the kitchen where she was preparing dinner. He really would miss this.

They ate dinner, filling the air with comfortable conversation and Youngjae thought, This is all I need.

 

By not looking at the context because that's not what's important here, you'll immediately see the huge difference.

So I want to know why the second author let the fic they are suppose to write together coming out this way? Why?

Maybe you're friend with that person or barely friends and you don't want to ruined it. It's understandable. But if you're really a friend, then give some good solid advice please.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. Say the truth and be honest.

I was in that case too. I was reading a fic and the author needed a co-author, I found the fic had potential so I proposed and got "accepted". The author told me what he expected of me: editing, squeezing in some of my ideas and maybe writing from his drafts. I had no problem with that, but I thought that his fiction was lacking in terms of grammar, punctuation, space and time managment.

I didn't know what to do, if I say something that person may get upset, mad or angry. So I think and couldn't get any other solution.

So I re-write a part of the first chapter without changing the ideas, I just add what was lacking and sent it to him saying what I did and why. He replied that he thought he wasn't so good of a writer so my input was welcomed.

Sometimes there are fic with potential which unfortunately have a bad grammar, paragraphs, space... I'm sure there some of you out there who want to write but don't have the courage or other reasons, so why don't you begin as a co-author and help. Be volonteers my friends.

That's how it is supposed to be people. Co-authoring is authors helping each other where they're lacking.

                                                                 

 

 

Dialogues and narration.

A story can't be consitued by dialogues only, it's wrong. Remember, it's not a movie nor a script, so you have to describe almost everything in a story to give the reader a chance to see things the way you see it, and I say almost because you have to let the reader imagination work too.

I understand if you want interactions between the main lead rapidly, early and in quantity in your story, but let me tell you. Anticipation is one of the key for a good story.

Check this out: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/332063/31/the-seeress-of-exo-action-fantasy-romance-you-exo-exok-exom

The first part of her chapter is pratically void of dialogue, but you don't get sick of the narration because it's well written.

 

Some stories lack narration and description. Like the previous example for the co-authoring.

 

Example:

SH: Eonnie I don't know what to do anymore.

SN: What? Something happened?

SH: I think Yonghwa wants to break up with me.

The doorbell rang.

SN: Wait a minute.

Sunny went to open the door.

YH: Seohyun let me talk to you please.

 

Or:

You walked toward the school and stopped at the gates.*sigh*Another terrible week.Once in class you sat and waited for the teacher.*groan* There was so much noise. You didn't listen to anything during class so once the bell rang you quickly exited.*slap* Minhee was in front of me.

You absolutely can't write like that. There are no opinion to be given on this. Once again this is basic knowledge.

 

Here a good example:

You walked toward the school and stopped at the gates. Knowing what a terrible week awaits you, you let out a long and weary sigh continuing you way to your classe. Once in class you sat and waited for the teacher, hearing so much noise in the room you groaned and laid you head on your crossed arms. Apart from leting the teacher know that you're present you didn't say anything nor did you listened so when the bell rang you quickly exited. Only to be slap by Minhee at the door.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm sure everyone here reads books so why are you writing like this?