Day 1 Part 1

Timekeeper

Stepping into the house gave Luhan the chills. The house, although wasn’t damaged, didn’t feel the same. He remembered the faint smell of tea and ginger that came from the kitchen and drifted to the doorway when he had brought Haerin home that day. He remembered how warm the house was. How cozy it had felt, even though he only stood at the door. Now the house was cold. A little dark. Luhan flicked the nearest light switch on, squinting at the sudden brightness. Everything inside the house reminded him of her. The furniture looked so warm. Luhan took a few steps deeper into the home, observing the place. The kitchen was neat. Utensils lined up neatly. Pots and pans hidden in the cupboards. There wasn’t even anything on the refrigerator. He stepped into the kitchen to get a closer look at everything. Nothing caught his eye at first glance. But when he scanned over the area a second time, he saw something that seemed so contrast to Haerin’s gentle personality and her welcoming mother. A piece of a broken beer bottle.

                If it weren’t for Luhan’s sharp eyes, no one would have caught sight of that. Tucked between the fridge and the wall. It lay there, covered in a layer of dust. The shards sharp and dangerous. There must’ve been more of it before. Who cleaned up the broken pieces? Haerin? He could only hope she didn’t cut herself while doing so.

                Luhan left the piece of glass, averting his gaze to a nearby wall. And there, on the wall, was a piece of paper. White paper, the kind you used for the photocopy machine. And on it, were four words and a picture. I love you daddy, and a picture of a badly drawn girl, with tears down her face.

                Daddy eh? No wonder you were so close to your mother, my dear Haerin.

 

Luhan decided to settle into Haerin’s room that night. How did he know it was her room? It was quite simple really. He knew only Haerin would have handmade Christmas decoration hanging on the outside of her door. He remembered the day he met her at the coffee shop. How she was so excited for Christmas and Luhan had thought she remembered the day wrong.

“I guess you’re still stuck in last week aren’t you?”

He had said that to her, not knowing the truth behind his words. Now he wanted to laugh at the cruel irony of his sentence. It was almost mocking.

                Haerin’s room was simple. But every little piece of décor inside reminded him of her. Her room was a light, lavender purple. The furniture was white, and the bed was white. A small couch sat in the corner of her room, and beside it was a laptop table. On top of her drawer were some more Christmas decoration, and a box of Chocolates.

                He sat himself on top of her bed, letting out a sigh. He didn’t where to start. When to start. How to start. He practically had the world to himself, and yet here he was, just sitting there. He shifted around until he felt something poking against his thigh from his pocket. He winced and stood up, feeling around in his pocket for the object that was disturbing him. He closed his hand around the smooth object and pulled it out.

                Of course. It was the pen. Also known as the pen that holds ink which will appear on paper through time. Then he remembered. Letters. He could write letters to haerin. He could communicate with her!

He remembered Tao telling him to rest and do it the next day. But how could he when every second was so precious and fragile? And when he could get connected with her? He would never be able to sleep until her finished a letter.

                Luhan walked over to Haerin’s desk and opened the drawers, looking for some paper and an envelope. He found a drawer filled with lined paper and slipped a piece out. He clicked the pen open and placed it onto the paper. His mind pondered as he thought about what to write. He had so many things he wanted to say. Would one paper be enough?

                After what felt like an hour of useless pondering, he decided to think rationally. If he told her all about his situation and all this time and supernatural crap… she would never believe him. In fact she would think he was mental. And so, he began his letter.

 

Dear Haerin,

I’m terribly sorry for not having met you at the coffee shop. Something has happened and therefore I was stuck at home. I am quite busy right now, so if you want to talk to me, please leave your reply at the coffee shop in the ledge under table 11.

So how are you these days? Everything been going alright? I hope to be able to talk to you soon. Maybe in a week! Stay safe and happy Haerin!

~Luhan

 

Luhan felt his hand shake as he wrote more words onto the piece of paper. Thinking about her reply, or just thinking about her face, made his whole body tense up in excitement. He couldn’t even hold in the small smile that slipped out onto his face as he wrote the letter. Getting started made him feel more determined to save her. It also have him more hope.

 

Luhan finished closing up the envelope and writing down his farewells. He slammed the letter down onto the desk, squinting, his eyes sore from concentrating on making the letter perfect. Now all he had to do was send it.

                “Wait… how do I even do this?” Luhan muttered to himself. He picked up the envelope and waved it around.

                “Hello? Chanyeol!? Anyone gonna help me send this letter?” he yelled into the empty space of the room. He stopped, shoulders slumped and stared up at the ceiling.

                “I sure hope they aren’t mocking me right now,” he muttered to himself. He let his hand, which was holding the letter, fall down to his side. There had to be a way to get Chanyeol right? He thought back to when he and Tao talked.

 

“The third thing is, you’re going to have an assistant. Well, I’ll be sharing my assistant.”

          “Who?”

          Tao snapped his fingers and instantly, a boy with brown hair appeared out of nowhere and landed on the ground, lying on his stomach. 
 

That was it. Luhan smirked as he brought his hand up and snapped his fingers together. His heart pounded in anticipation as he waited for the tall boy to appear. He waited, tapping his foot impatiently. Then he snapped his fingers together again, and again.

                “Come on Chanyeol, I’ve been snapping my fingers for forever now, appear already!” he growled impatiently.

                “Hi,”

                “What the fu-“ Luhan spun around and came face to face with the giant, who was grinning like a five year old, showing his teeth in the millions.

                “You called for me right?” he asked, tilting his head to one side. Luhan gritted his teeth. He would never understand why he felt so irritated by the dumb giant. But instead of lashing out in unexplained anger, he took a deep breath and calmed himself down.

                “Yes, and for a while now,” he said agitatedly. Chanyeol only flashed a tooth filled smile and took the envelope from Luhan’s hand, narrowing his eyes at the object.

                “Hey! I didn’t say you could take that!” Luhan snapped, snatching the letter out of Chanyeol’s hand again, holding it close to him. Chanyeol, looked over at the angry boy and rolled his eyes, smirking in between.

                “If it wasn’t for me to bring to Haerin then what did you call me over for?” he challenged. Luhan gulped, realizing how he had just made a fool of himself. He sighed and handed the letter over to Chanyeol once again.

                “Fine, take it, and send it to her. Don’t you dare peek,” he said in a half growl. Chanyeol only grinned.

                “Don’t worry, I won’t!” and that was the last thing he said before disappearing.

 

Haerin sure enjoyed cold days. She pulled the sleeves of her thick sweater over her frozen fingertips as she walked out the door. Her house was cold. The streets were cold. But strangely enough she liked it. Because when it was cold, one would truly appreciate the warmth.

                She took a mere four steps out her door, closing it behind her, before she found herself face to face with a person. More like face to chest because the being was so tall, she had to crane her neck to get a look at his face. He was an innocent looking young boy, who she guessed was around her age or younger. Of course his height said otherwise.

                “Um… who are you?”


OMG

its been like what three weeks?

I'm so sorrrrry omg

okay I literally haven't TOUCHED my computer in a week, and the last time I used it I used it for an essay for english class, and its been hectic since its the first/second week of school and my math teacher decides to be mean and give us like frikin 5 pages of math on the first day

But okay I really hope you guys will like this! This chapter took some time :)

oh yeah and Exo's goodbye stage... sigh. Waiting for the next comeback... exo hwaiting!

Subscribe/comment/vote if you like it! I enjoy encouragement and feedback from you guys!

~Naeun