The Dragon Tamer (2/2)

The Many Fables and Fantasies of 2min
Please log in to read the full chapter
A/N: I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH T_T I'll talk more in the author's note at the bottom but for now I just wanted to remind you guys to maybe re-read the 1st part of this two-shot to refresh your memory! Enjoy! :)   As Taemin had predicted, things had gotten easier with Minho after that. The second week they were together Taemin had allowed Minho to go out more and hunt, and to thank him in return, suprisingly, Minho had decided to assist the wizard in his regular household duties such as caring for the sick animals or tidying up the cottage. Minho had stopped his rude and annoying antics and even randomly apologized to Taemin at one point, saying how sorry he was for making him so miserable even though he had taken him into his home.   One thing hadn't changed since then though, and that was the subtle skinship that the dragon had to offer to him every now and then. If anything, it had intensified and occurred more often than it used to. Taemin didn't mind it as much anymore though, now that he'd gotten more comfortable with the dragon.   On the fifteenth night, Minho approached Taemin from behind as he was washing the dishes and wrapped his arms around the wizard's frail torso. "I can do the dishes tonight."   "I appreciate the offer, but I think I can manage. I only have a little bit left anyways and I can do them faster." he grinned at his companion's offer and went back to scrubbing the silverware.   "I would've helped you sooner, but I was finishing chapter eleven." he explained, referring to Taemin's dragon book. For the past week Minho had been studying its contents out of curiosity, trying to find out different things about himself that he didn't have the luxury of learning as a child.   "That's fine. What did you learn about yourself this time?"   "That apparently I'm one of the most cunning and intelligent creatures on the planet." he grinned with pride and plopped himself onto the couch.   "For someone whose supposedly intelligent your head sure is full of hot air." Taemin chuckled.   "Yah! Is not!" the dragon exclaimed, extending his tail over the couch to wrap it around the wizard's waist.   "Minho! Let me go!" he laughed, throwing a handful of foam at him.   "Not until you take it back!"   "Minho!" the wizard screeched as he was pulled backwards by Minho's tail.   The next thing he knew he had fallen on top of the dragon on the couch, head pressed against his chest with his arms wrapped tightly around him.   "Y-yah, just what do you think you're doing? Let me up!" Taemin whined, lightly slapping the older man's chest as a blush crept onto his cheeks.   "Is that the best you got?" Minho smiled, shutting his eyes as he pretended to sleep.   "Minho!"   "Shut up, I'm trying to sleep."   "Are not! Now let me go!" Taemin whined.   "Come on, you've been up and about all day. Don't you want to take a break? Lay with me for a bit."   Taemin pouted and did gave in to Minho's request, as he didn't exactly have any other choice, and relaxed in Minho's arms. Meanwhile, the dragon secretly grinned in contentment at the successful attempt in skinship. He would never admit it, but Minho enjoyed Taemin's company more than he thought he would. He secretly craved the wizard's attention and affection, something he was deprived of as a child.    Without even realizing that he was doing it, a rumbling, pur-like noise was resonating from Minho's throat, almost like a cat's only much louder. The both of them shot up from their comfortable positions, startled.   "What on earth was that?"    Minho was just as shocked. "I don't know...I've never heard it before in my life."   "Goodness, are you ill?" Taemin reached up and felt the older man's forehead.   "No...I don't feel sick at all."   "Can you make it again?"   "I doubt it..." Minho replied and attempted to re-create the strange purring noise, however only a raspy groan was produced.   "Perhaps the book will give us some answers? I'll go look into it now." Taemin rushed over to the book left laying on the dining table, causing Minho to pout at the loss of contact.   The wizard hastily flipped through the pages of the book for the answers, fearing Minho's health could be in jeopardy if the matter wasn't solved soon.   "Geez, I didn't know you cared that much." the dragon smirked, earning him a smack across the arm.   "Quiet. I think I've almost found it." Taemin said as he flipped through to the chapter titled, "A Dragon's Health and Habits."   "Dragons are known to be affectionate and loving creatures...blah blah blah...will emit a soft rumbling sound from their throats as a sign of affection when in contact with blood-related kin or...." Taemin's eyes widened as he reached the end of the sentence.   "...or what, Taemin?"   The wizard suddenly felt his throat dry up. He gulped and shut the book, scooping it up in his arms before Minho could grab it from him. "N-nothing...that was it. I misread it."   "You're a terrible liar. Hand it over, Taemin." the dragon reached over to take the book from him when Taemin ducked under his arms and ran across the room, nearly tripping over resting critters in the process.   "Taemin!" Minho exclaimed and chased the wizard around the room, surprised by his strange behavior.
"It's not important! Just leave it alone!"   "If it's not important why are you trying to keep it from me?"   At one point Taemin grew tired of running and Minho was able to tackle him to the ground. He pried the book from the younger male's hands and flipped it open to the page they were previously on, sitting on his arms to keep him from trying to take it back.   "Minho, don't!"   "Seriously, what is it the big deal about-"   His eyes widened as he read Taemin's unfinished sentence, feeling a blush creep up his neck.   "... blood-related kin and potential mates."   An awkward silence followed after that. Taemin visibly cringed once Minho slammed the book shut, knowing that the older man was thinking the exact same thing he was.   "W-well it makes sense to me...you are like a brother to me, right?" Minho nervously made up a reasonable excuse as he got off of the wizard.   "R-right...of course that's it." he laughed nervously.   "Wow, is it that late already? I better get to bed...good night." Minho said hastily and rushed to his room. He pressed his back up against the door once it was closed and took in a deep breath to calm the thumping in his chest.   Why am I geting nervous? There's no way that book is right. I've flirted with other females before and I never had that happen before. It's all in my head. It must be.....       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       The day after that awkward night everything returned to normal as if nothing had ever happened. Both men wanted to forget about the whole thing and tried to convince themselves that what Minho suggested was true. They were both just as close as brothers, that was all. Though neither of them could deny that nice, tingly feeling they felt whenever their hands touched, or when Minho wrapped his arms around Taemin's waist. It got to the point where one night Minho decided to curl up in bed with Taemin to sleep, lying about him being too cold and Taemin didn't have the heart to kick him out.   They were just friends after all, right?   "Come outside with me." Minho reqested one night, taking the wizard by the hand while he was cleaning and dragging him out the door.   "Don't I have a choice?" Taemin laughed.   "Nope."   Once they were outside Minho had both of them sit on the grass side by side and told the younger wizard to look up and wait for a surprise. After five minutes had passed and nothing had happened, Taemin was about to question Minho's sanity when suddenly a bright white streak shot itself across the dark sky. It wasn't long before several more followed and had created a dazzling meteor shower.   "It's beautiful." Taemin grinned, gazing in awe at the lit sky.   "Isn't it? These showers come every other year on the same day...I've been counting since I was a child." Minho smiled at the shimmering stars. "It feels so different though when you're not watching it alone..."   "A good kind of different or a bad kind?"   "A good kind of course." he smiled.   Taemin grinned and placed a hand on top of Minho's, sitting in silence for a while as they watched the stars fall.    "You know what would make this even better?" Minho started.   "What?"   "If we got to see the stars fall up close."   "Yeah...if only that were possible." he sighed longingly.   "But it is...all you have to do is ask your dragon friend nice
Please log in to read the full chapter