insecurities

insecurities

a/n: as usual, no proof read... -_- and this is rushed too

 

 

Junmyeon closed the door behind him as quite as possible, he just back from his individual schedule, and he didn’t want to woke anyone up at such an ungodly hour. He kicked his shoes on the entrance of their dorm, accidentally kicking someone’s shoes in progress, maybe Kris’ judging from the size, he was too tired to care. It feels nice to smell the familiar scent of their dorm, it’s still home after all, the mix between lavender mosquito repellent they use for the summer and their shared soap, somehow making him calm.

To be honest, Junmyeon doesn’t quite like having individual schedule, or just doing them with some of the member. He loves doing schedule with all 12 members together, because really, he just loves s so much, and yeah, there's another particular reason, because it makes him misses someone.. But he got nothing to say about how the schedules split, so he just doing what he was told to.

The dorm was dark, but the kitchen’s lamp and a lamp on the hallway were still on, maybe s left them on for him. Junmyeon raised his eyebrows when he realized there’s another source of light coming from the dark living room, revealing a small figure on the couch. Someone was watching a muted TV. He recognized that person immediately, and he smiled. Softly, Junmyeon walked to the couch, holding himself in so that he didn’t run and just hugged the boy in front of the TV. When he got closer, he could see Minseok sat cross legged hugging a pillow to his chest and rested his chin on the pillow, and when he close enough, he cupped Minseok’s chin and crouched down to kiss his temple softly, “I’m home...”

Minseok didn’t flinched back and just smiled at the gesture, he knew it was Junmyeon when he heard someone was coming without even looking, “Welcome home,” he said.

Junmyeon sprawled at the couch beside Minseok, sighed heavily as he relaxed himself. He reached out to play with Minseok’s hair, “Why are you not sleeping yet?” He asked softly.

For a couple of minutes, Minseok didn’t replying to the question, not even looking at Junmyeon and just staring at the muted TV. Junmyeon sensed something wrong, he straightens his back and peering his face to Minseok’s, “Is there something wrong?” He asked again.

This time, Minseok finally turned his head, giving Junmyeon a small smile and cupped Junmyeon’s cheek with one of his hand, “Can I ask you something? But you have to be honest with me.” He asked Junmyeon back.

“Sure! You can ask me anything.”

“Why do you love me?”

Junmyeon couldn’t hide his shocked expression at the unexpected question. Junmyeon has a million reasons to love him, of course, but the intention behind the question was still unreadable, “Why are you suddenly asking me that question?”

“Well,” Minseok said, dropping his hand from Junmyeon’s cheek, but didn’t break the eye contact, “I was just wondering, why out of all people, you choose to love me? I mean, there’s nothing special on me, I’m not good at talking, nor singing, nor dancing, I’m short, I’m not even pretty, and I... I just don’t understand why would you love me?”

When Minseok finished his question, Junmyeon finally can see it in Minseok’s eyes, clear as day, all of his insecurities. It hits Junmyeon that he was too busy to realize that, too busy focusing on his own insecurities, too depending on Minseok to comfort him, he feels like the worst boyfriend.

Junmyeon understands where Minseok came from though. Minseok always thinks that he was never good enough. He has fewer schedules than the other members, less lines in their song, never really be in the front of anything, and somehow it leads him into a conclusion that he’s not good enough for anything.

Minseok’s eyes were wide open, but his brain was shutting down when Junmyeon crashed his lips with his own. For a few seconds, Minseok were tensed, he only relaxed when he felt Junmyeon’s lips moving against his, and his eyes finally fluttered close, melting into the kiss.

Junmyeon pulled Minseok’s arm, so that Minseok’s upper body now facing him. But the pillow Minseok was hugging prevents him to pull him closer, so he threw it on the floor. Junmyeon pulled Minseok’s body closer by the waist and his other hand was caressing the skin of Minseok’s back under his shirt, causing Minseok to gasp and making a way for Junmyeon’s tongue to explore Minseok’s warm mouth.

While Junmyeon’s hand wondering on his back, Minseok ed some of the button of Junmyeon’s shirt, so he could caressing Junmyeon’s silky chest, before rested his hand just right on top of Junmyeon’s heart, feeling Junmyeon’s heart beat on his palm.

They only separated when the need of oxygen became unbearable.

Junmyeon pressed his forehead on Minseok’s, both still panting for oxygen. “You are smart.” He said, and ended his sentence with a kiss on Minseok’s lips. “Your voice is great.” Kiss. “You dance a lot better than more than half of this group.” Kiss. “You don’t talk much but you listen well.” Kiss. “I’m just barely taller than you.” Kiss. “Yeah, you’re not pretty, but you are beau-“ Kiss. “ti-” Kiss. “ful.” And Junmyeon stole the last long kiss. “I never choose to love you, since the beginning, it’s a fate.”

Minseok opened his eyes and starring deep into Junmyeon’s eyes, searching for a confirmation that everything Junmyeon said was honest. And he found nothing but honesty in his boyfriend’s eyes. “Really?” He asked, not because he doubted Junmyeon, but because he wanted to hear it.

Junmyeon brought his hands to both side of Minseok’s head, trying to emphasize to Minseok that he was being serious, “Never, ever, doubt what I said, and more importantly, never, ever doubt yourself. You see, we all have our own insecurities, and sometimes, we need other people to see it for us. I’ll do it for you, I’ll remind you of how beautiful you are inside out.”

Minseok let out a relieved chuckle before hugging Junmyeon like his life was depending on it. And they stayed that way for a few moment, with Junmyeon Minseok’s in a comforting way.

“How were the kids today?” Junmyeon asked later that night, playing with Minseok’s fingers, while enjoying their warm tea. Somehow, it became their favorite little secret activity.

“Tao was eating too much again, and he hurt his stomach. Luhan didn’t feel well, so he insist to sleep with Yixing tonight. Chanyeol lost one of his shoes. Sehun freaked out about hair loss. And Kris believes that the sole purpose of their existence is to make his life hard.”Minseok sighed before continuing his ‘report’, “But seriously, the medicine for stomach ache is right in the aid box. Luhan just had a headache and he just making excuses to sleep with Yixing, it would be a lot easier to just let him sleep with Yixing. It must be either Jongdae or Baekhyun or both who hide Chanyeol’s shoe and did he never heard anything about hair serum?”

Junmyeon let out an amazed laugh at his boyfriend, “Wow, you can actually do a better job than me and Kris put together!”

“Come to think about it, I think you’re right.”

 

 

a/n2: comment? ._.