Spacing out in Bio

Love Will Find A Way
Walking into Biology class with the blonde tomboy at his side, Donghae looked around a little shyly. He'd been running late this morning and had difficulties finding his home room, but luckily he already made two friends who were willing to help him out with finding his classes. They had also both been rather attractive, though Donghae knew he couldn't think that so soon. What if they ended up not liking him at all? What if they were already dating someone? The blonde at his side seemed distracted with her phone, she probably already had a boyfriend.
 
As if on cue, the blonde ran up to someone else in the room and quickly wrapped her arm around the boy. "Donghae! This is Henry. Henry, this is Donghae!" Amber said, introducing the two boys. Henry then waved a little and leaned in to whisper something in Amber's ear, causing her to hit him in the chest and pull away quickly. "Shhhh don't you dare!" She said, casting him a glare and then tugging on Donghae's shirt. "C'mon, come sit next to us, okay?" The blonde tomboy said before then heading towards the seats in the back.
 
Great. Back seats. Now not only would it be difficult for him to understand what the teacher was saying (since his English wasn't perfect yet) but he'd also have difficulties seeing. He knew he'd need glasses eventually, but for now he only used them for reading at home. He wasn't going to complain though. At least he made friends already. Back in South Korea it took him the majority of his school years to find close friends, and then here he had to pack up and move after his father's death. Not only had he lost his father, but his friends too?! It was really insane.
 
For the next few minutes, Donghae watched Amber and Henry at his right as they chatted and joked around about various different things he didn't really understand. Talking about movies he never heard of, people he didn't know, subject information he was totally unaware of. Yup. All sorts of confusing. After a few minutes, Donghae's mind wandered back home while he stared down at his music notebook. It was a present from his previous girlfriend. The girl who broke up with him the week his father died because she wasn't getting enough attention from him. Well. Obviously she wouldn't. He was depressed and missed his father and heard soon after that he was going to move away since his mom couldn't afford to live in Korea anymore. They'd be moving in with his older cousin JungSoo and his family for a bit. 
 
"Yo, Hae. You alive?" Amber's voice broke into Donghae's thoughts as he hummed a little to himself, causing him to turn quickly to look at her, only to realize her face was merely inches from his. Jumping back, the brown haired male avoided smacking into her face with his. "Wh-what?" Donghae asked, then looked around to realize that the teacher was in there looking at him as well. Quickly jumping up when the teacher motioned for him to stand, Donghae could feel his cheeks warm. "Thank you for coming back to us from Lala land Mister Lee..." The teacher said before looking at Donghae over his glasses in a very judgemental way.
 
"Now that you're with us, can you please introduce yourself to the class?" Donghae then nodded quickly and then bowed to the class.  "Annye-- um. Hello. I'm Donghae Lee, I transferred here today from South Korea." He said, trying to speak slowly so that his strong accent could be understood by all these Americans. A couple people gave him a weird look like they couldn't understand, but for the most part everyone then welcomed him with the same generic 'hello' he'd gotten in his homeroom. The teacher then motioned for him to sit down and class started.