1st Snapshot

Capturing Your Smile

Gloomy... I thought to myself as I strolled through the park. But it fits the mood, I guess.

Faint sounds of children laughing and people chatting could be precieved, but all I focused on were those words that were said to me sometime last week.

"It's horrible." "These are the pictures for the new ads??" "She can't even focus on the face!" "What were we thinking of hiring an ameteur like her?"

It's not about just taking a picture of a person... it's about their surroundings too, right? It was a theme park ad, and I just wanted to show the excitement of it all...
I sorted out my thoughts as I sat on a bench near the fountain.

I closed my eyes for a bit and rubbed them with my hand trying to forget the critical words. Maybe today's job will go more smoothly.

"Excuse me, are you all right?" a kind voice asked.

I unveiled my eyes to see a vision of an angel... or so it seemed. He even had the sun behind him making the light outline his head like a halo. From his face, you could see the sheer consideration he felt; It must have looked like I was crying or something.

"Uh.. yeah, sorry." I mumbled a bit while I hurriedly picked up my belongings.

He looked at me curiously while i fumbled with my things. I didn't have much today, just the pictures from the shoot and one other.

"You're a photographer?" he asked.

"Sort of..." I scratched the back of my head and gave a shy smile.

Just then, a gust of wind picked up... and of course, my pictures flew straight for the fountain.

I ran quickly to try and stop them from falling in but I could only catch a few. The 'angelic' guy also tried to help, but instead made things a bit worse. Actually, try a lot worse. He ended up catching my prized possession and knocking me into the fountain.

"Oh no!! I'm so sorry!!" He said while stepping over the ledge and reaching out his hand.

I stopped him though and pointed to the picture he had. "Don't drop that. Can you just put it in my bag over there?"

He nodded and went to put it away while i gathered the rest of my photos and got out of the fountain.

"Thanks..." I mumbled and grabbed my things from him.

"Are you sure you're okay? I feel so bad about getting you wet and your photos..." He rambled on and I just held my hand up. It was getting late.

"Really, it's fine. I have to go now, bye." I told him and hurried to the location of my newest set.

So much for things running smoothly.

------------------------------------------------------------

I had to stop by my flat and pick up some dry clothes along with my camera and a couple of lenses. Thank goodness I had packed it all up the night before.

My assignment was to take pictures for an article of a newly semi-popular artist. All I really had to do was take pictures of pictures and the creator of it all, Yoon Jae Hee. Pretty boring, but someday I would like to become famous for my artwork too.

I arrived at her apartment with barely minutes to spare. "Apartment 203, please. Yoon Jae Hee."

"Are you the photographer?" A husky voice asked.

"Yes." I told them and they buzzed me in. I quickly made my way to the door and was greeted by a young man, roughly around his mid 20's.

"Jae Hee, they're here." He called out while walking into one of the hallways.

The places was very spacious and a lot of beautiful artwork was strung throughout the living room. I walked around examining the paintings and adjusted my camera to the lighting in the room.

"Do you like them?" A voiced called from behind.

I quickly spun around and smiled. "They're very beautiful, you have a talented hand."

She gave a slight chuckle and introduced herself. "Those are my pieces from before, and I am Yoon Jae Hee. The guy who answered earlier was my brother, Doo Joon."

"Oh forgive me, I'm Song Eun Hye." We shook hands and she motioned me to the table to sit.

Tea was soon brought out by the same man who answered the door. He joined us and sat next to Jae Hee.

"Before we start, I just wanted to ask if this is your whole team?" She had a confused expression.

"Uhm, yes. They said I would be going alone and I just had to take a few quotes and have you answer these questions."

"I see." She replied.

I took all the pictures needed first and interviewed after at a cafe around three blocks from Jae Hee's apartment. The interview turned more into a friendly conversation and well, before I knew it I felt like Jae Hee had been my friend for years. We decided to leave when cafe was starting to close up, and Jae Hee insisted that her brother, Doo Joon, walk me home.

I felt kind of dizzy on the way back home, but pushed it aside and concentrated on walking.

Walking along side him did make me feel safer, but he didn't seem to be too happy about being here.

"Achoo!"

The sneeze blew me back a bit and before I knew it, that one sneeze turned into two, three, and more than I could keep track of.

I held my head after it stopped and closed my eyes. I felt myself drop a bit and jerk back up. "Watch Out!" is all I heard before everything turned black.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading. The end is kinda.... eh. but i was rushing.