12:01 AM

Midnight Hour

12:01 AM

 

----------------------

 

“Aish, really?” 

 

Jongdae reached a hand up to comb away the sweaty hairs stuck to his forward but jerked it away after realizing it was covered in gochujang

 

He sighed, and stirred the instant doboki with his other hand, checking the time on the oven as it finished cooking.

 

“It’s almost twelve,” he murmured, the red digital numbers making his eyes burn. He one of his sauce covered fingers impatiently. 

 

He’d been up for easily twenty fours now. The other members had long past collapsed into their beds, even their managers had made little comment before washing up and tucking in. A new comeback, and following repackage meant work, work, work. In the past forty-eight hours they’d done two live broadcasts, a radio program, a rehearsal and two dance practices. And that was all inbetween Chinese and Korean language studies, vocal training, and school work. Everyone was pretty tired, but luckily no one seemed too stressed from the steady workload, and seemed to genuinely be enjoying themselves. Jongdae himself saw the others as almost brothers, and being an idol certainly beat any old boring office job he’d probably be stuck working if he hadn’t trained at SM. 

 

Yawning furiously into the back of his hand, Jongdae was the only one still coherent in the dorm; just barely though, simply because he had accidentally skipped both lunch and dinner and his stomach was and groaning so much it wouldn’t give him the merciful respite of some much needed sleep. 

 

The instant packet had given a generous amount of sauce and chili flakes but he only had about a pinch of sugar. He was too tired and accidentally poured the most of it down the drain, when he’d ripped the little packet too quickly. Currently his concoction was looking more like little white worms swimming in a deadly blood red sea, rather than a delicious midnight snack. 

 

He remembered his mom saying something about 1:1:2 parts sugar, chili flakes and gochujang sauce but at this point the mixture was looking already finished, more or less, and cooling quickly If he wanted to fill his aching belly before he collapsed from exhaustion, it’d have to be now. He didn’t have time to be picky.  

 

His eyelashes fluttering, Jongdae scooped some doboki up with the inside of the packaging and quickly guided it into his drooling mouth. 

 

He flinched the second it touched his tastebuds. 

 

It tasted like poop. 

 

Heavenly poop. His stomach announced, it’s pleased growl making Jongdae sigh in relief despite the off taste. 

 

He hadn’t eaten in over ten hours and even though he was no five-star chef, and the edibles certainly weren’t fit for stray dog, let alone a human, Jongdae was desperate. 

 

He had just scooped his third helping, eyes half-closed at the pleasant warmth in his tummy, when his tongue suddenly swelled and his lips started to tingle. 

 

Correction: spicy poop!

 

Jongdae’s eyes immediately reopened, his fingers trembling as he shot forward to one of the newly washed glasses in the sink. He collected some cold water from the faucet, and drank it in one long gulp, repeating the process twice until his tongue stopped trying to start a fire in his throat. 

 

Still slightly singed, Jongdae sluggishly moved around the dorm currently holding twelve young men + their managers until he reached his shared room. After quietly opening the door, Jongdae almost crashed to the floor, breathing harshly in surprise as he stepped around Jongin’s curled form. 

 

It seemed the white haired boy had moved to the cool wooden floors in attempt to find comfort from the sweaty summer evenings. Jongdae glanced at the maknaes barely there tank top riding up his toned stomach then swiveled his head to the top bunk to Suho-hyungs thick pajama set, the older mans dark hair barely visible beneath his thick curl of blankets. 

 

Jongdae scowled lightly at the alien hyung, somehow unaffected by the sweltering heat and grabbed the mini fan Jongin had brought along with him to the floor, placing it next to Jongdae's own bottom bunk. 

 

Shrugging off his mesh shirt and basketball shorts Jongdae sighed contently as he finally rested in his bed. He still had some stage makeup on and his mouth still tasted like spicy poop but he was just too tired to go wash up. Walking alone around the unusually peaceful, tranquil, dorm had only made him sleepier. He was lulled into darkness by the hum of Jongin's fan as it blew cool puffs of air across his hot face. 

 

---------------------------------

 

authors comments: Have I disgusted all my readers yet with the repeated use of the word ‘poop’ haha~? I was just playing fun with Koreas obsession with dong is all~ ;)

Hope you all enjoyed! Should have the next chapter up soon. 

gochujang = red pepper paste

doboki = rice cake

dong = poop :P haha~