2

51 Days

- Day Six -

Daehyun could feel him boring holes though him again, watching him from behind. To be completely honest, he was starting to get ticked off by the stares. He turned around to face the younger, noticing the stare he was giving him. Puffing his cheeks out in annoyance, he turned back to the sky again, leaning his head on the railing.

"Jeez, you could stop staring at me like I'm in idiot," the older murmured under his breath, hoping that the latter wouldn't hear but of course, luck was never on his side.

"But hyung, you are an idiot," he stated bluntly, blinking as he did so. Nothing was wrong with the statement, right? After all, Daehyun had dragged him here over some stupid rumor. If he wanted his love, he should just confess without doing this whole thing.

His words just proved to irritate Daehyun, and instead, the older kept his mouth shut, letting them sit in thick silence. Jongup shifted a bit in his spot, did he upset the other? He scooted closer to the other male, knowing that he would be too immersed into the sky to even notice him. He nudged the latter's side gently, causing the victim to jolt, jumping up from his place in the grass with a squeak escaping his lips. 

"Yah!" he shouted, his bottom lip jutting out slightly to form a pout. The younger of the two could only laugh, flicking his hyung's forehead gently.

"Your fault for ignoring me," Jongup spoke, still amused from the reaction that was given to him.

"It's your fault for calling me idiot!"

"But it's not fair, you are an idiot!"

"Am not!"

"You totally are hyung."

"Why you little-" Daehyun sentence was cut off as Jongup rolled on top of him, tickling his sides. He squirmed underneath the male, laughs escaping his lips as he tried to push the latter away. Tears were slipping out of the corner of his eyes, almost losing his breath until he felt the fingers stopped. He took this moment to catch his breath, regaining his strength and pushing the male off him.

"You're heavy, you know?" he stuck his tongue out, earning him a snicker.

"Who's the childish one now? Sticking your tongue out at me like that."

"I'm not childish."

"But you're mentally younger than me."

"Moon Jongup!"

- Day Seven -

A week has passed ever since they started to visit the hill together, and it wasn't as if he had forced Jongup to come with him. No, the younger decided to come on his own, for whatever reason that may be.

They were once again laying next to each other, staring at the sky before the question was popped once again.

"Exactly how deseperate are you hyung? Throughout the years I've known you, you'd never do this type of thing. You would rather get it done and over with," the younger mused, his head cocking to the side as he did so.

Daehyun now found himself in what he considered to be a tight situation. If he were to speak his true feelings, everything would be over and done with. Jongup would probably never talk to him again, and if that happened, he didn't know what he would do. That's why he needed these fifty one days, he needed to build up his courage, his confidence. He needed to be ready to risk everything they had for these years, even if they weren't close anymore.

"It's just something that screams good luck to me. And you know how much I need good luck, now shush," he replied in a soft voice, his eyes concentrating on the vast sky above him. 

He didn't want to admit it to his friend, but he was very desperate. This was an urgent matter to him, and if he were to be rejected, he knew that his built up determination would keep him going on. For him, this was necessary. He needed to do this, it was as if it wasn't his own choice. 

He remembered the words that drove their friendship apart, the sentence that hit hard when Jongup spoke them. 

"You never listen to what I say, you're such a kid."

It irked him, those words. He was the older one, and still in his mind, wasn't he supposed to be listening to Daehyun? That day, he had slammed his front door in front of his childhood friend's face, too angered to even think correctly. But now that he thought back on it, it was him in the wrong. Jongup had always followed his orders, whether it be fetching him food or tagging along with him in a game. He never once listened to the male's suggestion, and yet he couldn't apologize. Somewhere in him, he had pride that wouldn't allow him to pick himself up and apologize. Instead, he waited for the younger to crack first.

But that day didn't come. It never did.

Even though they were still considered friends, neither of them has dared to apologize. Of course Daehyun would pay him a visit to him after school to keep in touch but even then, it sounded forced. It was an untouched subject, the fall of their relationship. Both wanted to talk about it, but no one would bring it up.

But now it was different, he wasn't listening to Jongup even though the latter had nagged that it was a waste of time. He, of course, cares for the younger's opinion but he's decided on this. His mind is set to complete this, to gather up the pieces of whatever type of confidence that he has left.

This time, he won't listen to Jongup because he's set out to do whatever his heart tells him to do.

- Day Eight -

"You really have changed Dae," he pointed out, receiving a hum in reply from the mentioned.

"Of course I did. People change over the years."

"Well, yes. You grew more sensitive though. That was something I didn't expect."

Daehyun couldn't reply to this. He didn't have a proper retort, because he knew that it was true. Ever since that day, Daehyun had grown more emotional then he was before. He would find himself shedding a few tears at rejections, at despairing movies, and when he felt someone pushing him over his tipping point.

Not only that but ever since he broke away from the younger, he had started to be more curious about his surroundings. He actually learned to make more friends, despite being the introvert he was during his childhood years. He hoped Jongup didn't mind though, the remains of their friendship mattered to him. Besides, wasn't change good? If he remembered, that was Jongup's motto back then, heck the boy himself had pushed him to change who he was.

"Is that bad?" he asked quietly, glancing over at the younger quickly to see him shaking his head.

"It's not necessarily bad, you're cuter."

Daehyun's eyes darted away quickly, the dusty pink on his cheeks being concealed by the light of the sunset. Cuter? He didn't consider himself cute. He had always thought he was handsome, and outgoing personality wise. He didn't expect cute to come from the other's lips.

"Hmm, you're more handsome now, and you're more independent as well," Daehyun noted, nodding his head along to his words.

"Ah, thanks," he heard the latter murmur, causing him to smile widely. Jongup tended to be quieter when he was embarrassed, which meant that he was still able to make his friend blush. That itself was hard, since the younger was confused about most things and proud of things that he did or had.

He was slowly getting his Jongup back, and he liked it. The sweet one who grew flustered easily, not the one who was cold and brushed everything off with a mere shrug.

- Day Nine -

People claimed that they had seen Daehyun and Jongup together, and all sorts of rumors were spreading around now. Class ace with the delinquent. And of course, because of that, he was sure Jongup would stop seeing him after school, not that Daehyun minded. He did mind, but he pretended that it didn't bother him. After school, he waited at the back for a few minutes, no signs of Jongup showing up. A sigh escaped his lips, his foot tapping on a pavent for another couple of minutes before he deemed that Jongup wasn't coming along with him. Turning around on his heels, he quickly rushed towards the train station. He had nearly wasted ten minutes waiting for the male, which in turn only left him twenty minutes to arrive at the station and buy a ticket. The only way he would make it was by running.

He arrived fairly quickly, only two minutes to spare. Had he walked, he wouldn't even be on the seat he was on right now. A small puff of relief escaped him, eyes closing as he leaned back against the cushioned seat. He could feel the small droplets of sweat dry on his forehead, too tired and perhaps lazy to bother wiping it off. He felt a rumble and he knew that the train was taking off. He had hoped that perhaps Jongup had been waiting for him at the train station, flicking his forehead for not figuring it out sooner and wasting his time waiting for him. But he wasn't there. Some part of him knew that Jongup wouldn't uphold his part, and his faith wavered at times. His friend was the type to give up on something if it took too long or didn't have any necessary reason to do so. But yet, hope still clinged onto him. He should have let it go, but he had to admit he was a bit hurt that not even a sign of Jongup was there.

Too lost in his thoughts, he almost forgot that his stop had arrived. He barely made it, the doors almost closing on him if he hadn't jumped off his seat and ran. 

He was currently sitting on the ground, arms wrapped around his legs as he brought them up to his chest, hugging them. His head rested on his knees, staring at the sky, trying his best not to squint which was quite difficult as the sun practically shined. He took a fresh breath of air, breathing in deeply. Somehow, time had slowed down without the presense of the other, he missed it. Jongup had fun ideas to pass time by, and most of them required at least two people. He always had the games on his phone, but how fun would it be if he had to wait for a few hours for the sun to offically set.

Dazing, he didn't realize someone coming closer to him until he felt on a tap on his shoulder. His head lolled back quickly, eyes widening at the sight of the person.

"Himchan hyung?" he asked in a quiet voice, heart dropping as the person he expected to come didn't show up.

"Hey, someone kept telling me that you came here. At first, I didn't believe it, but here you are," he plopped down on the floor next to the younger, beaming at him. "What are you doing here anyways?"

Daehyun was hesitant to answer, particularly because Jongup had somewhat insulted him after the reason. Daehyun rocked around for a few seconds before he whispered an honest answer. Himchan strained to hear, however, chuckling once he heard it. After all, the hill was practically deserted, since no one had time for it with school and work.

"Why aren't you at home doing homework? How are you going to maintain your grade?"

Daehyun could only puff out his cheeks in annoyance. At times, Himchan was like his friend, supporting him through almost everything that he did. However, he was like his mom, nagging about what was best for him. "Idiot. I finished my projects already and most of my homework was done during class." Himchan knew this was true, Daehyun wasn't the best socialite, he was considered one of the worst. He would shy away from those that he found dangerous, which was everyone. He believed that a lot of people were different under the surface, no matter what their looks and personalities said.

Himchan rubbed his nape sheepishly, about to speak until he felt himself being shoved away. Shocked at the presence, another male sat down next to Daehyun, shooting an intimidating glare at the oldest before looking up at the sunset.

"Jongup? What are you doing here?" Daehyun asked softly, placing his hand on the other's thigh gently. Jongup turned to look at the male, flashing the smallest of smiles.

"I have a promise to keep, don't I?"

The latter couldn't help the wide smile from spreading on his lips, eyes turning into tiny crescents as he nudged the youngest's side playfully, leaving Himchan in the dust. Feeling like he wasn't needed anymore, Himchan stood up, leaving the two in their own world. 'So that's who Daehyun liked. How interesting, should I cause a bit of trouble?' He chuckled at his own thought, an impish grin never leaving his face.

- Day 10 -

Jongup had explained to him the day before that he had took his bike here, not wanting the older to be seen with him. He was still a bit hurt at the comment but seeing as the younger was trying just as hard to come with him, he would shake off the thought. After they had gone home, he wondered where Himchan went, but Jongup scowled and told him to ignore it. Himchan had probably left them anyways, and it was his decision. When they went home, Jongup would ride the train with him, pulling his bicycle in as well though it was troublesome.

Shaking off the thought, he almost missed the notes that his teacher had placed on the board, almost missed his name being called out if he wasn't poked by the person behind him. He jumped from the cold touch of the finger, the nails digging into his nape as his eyes immediately met with the teacher's. Good thing he had studied before late in the night, which caused him to fall asleep on his desk that day. Once he answered the quesstion perfectly, his head whipped around to meet the eyes of the older who left yesterday, Himchan.

A smirk was on the male's face, causing Daehyun's eyes to squint the slightest bit in confusion. The older had those sparkling eyes once again, those that screamed mischief and he began to feel uneasy. The small shift in his seat showed it, his head turning back to the board as he looked away from his hyung. Something was definitely wrong with that gaze, it made him feel uncomfortable, violated even.

When they finally arrived at the hill, Daehyun laid his head on Jongup's shoulder, staring at the orange sky as small breaths were the only thing that they heard. "Mm, Himchan was weird today. He kept staring at me," the male mentioned, seeing the scowl that started to form on the younger's face.

"Stay away from Himchan hyung, I don't like him," he heard the dancer mumble, causing the latter to be a bit confused.

"What's wrong with Himchan hyung?" the male asked softly, tugging at Jongup's sleeve as he waited for an answer.

"I just don't like him."

- - - - -

A/N : Wow, this was long ;u; honestly, school has started and stuffs but I have finally updated for my unnie ♥ okey, I didn't expect 10 subscribers and omf- I REALLY DIDN'T THINK I'D GET THAT MUCH? Honestly, I lose inspiration very fast but I want to at least finish this story, sorry if some of the plots aren't expected and all but with an author like me, you won't know what will happen next because, well maybe you will, but I like to plot twist and stuffs. I don't like my writing much, and I tend to mention pointless things in my stories, so maybe I might quit writing after finishing all my stories, I dunno yet orz

Anyways, hoped you liked it, sorry if it bored you. Seck out ouo ♥