1

51 Days
- Day One -
 
It was pretty interesting to hear, he hadn't expected this news at all. Usually, only crazy rumors were spread through the school, thanks to the girls of course though the males had their fair share in it. Apparently, there was a new hype of sorts, another fabricated lie to build up courage and hope. He had to admit though, it was stupid but he found himself interested by the statement that had been whispered in his ear a few hours ago.
 
"If you watch the sun set for fifty one days on Aria Hill, your love will be reciprocated. Isn't that cool? Everyone's trying it!"
 
Of course Daehyun knew the last sentence was a lie, you had to take a train for one hour to reach that hill. And for what? Nothing, and that's why though rumors were spreading around, no one actually wanted to do so.
 
Yet there was curiosity bubbling inside of him. Of course the thought was luring him in, Daehyun had someone he loved. He'd never admit it, but he had been in love with his childhood friend for a long time now, and he only realized it when they entered high school together. He had never planned to confess, the thought not even appearing in his mind once until this damn rumor was spread. Now it was all he could think about, it was starting to affect him that day, every one noticed.
 
Daehyun was a straight A student, always following the rules. He was a model student to others, and he had many admirers. So when he was yelled at by the teacher to pay attention in class, everyone had been shocked, him the most. If only he could just get the stupid idea from his head, but how? And that's when he found it. 
 
After school, he pulled a boy around his age with him. They had agreed to never meet each other in school, much less talk to each other. They were complete opposites after all. This boy had become a trouble maker ever since middle school, and to be hanging around with a teacher's pet would be affecting his so-called "reputation."
 
"Jongup, let's go to Aria Hill."
 
- Day Two -
 
Yesterday, Jongup had agreed to tag along with Daehyun for all 51 days, using the use of protection as an excuse. It would be late when they got home, but neither of their parents cared what they did. Daehyun was a behaving son and student, and in result, his parents trusted him and his actions. On the other hand, Jongup's parents had lost complete faith in the boy. They had other sons so it didn't matter, and Jongup made A's in his class though he did serve many detentions and suspensions. 
 
And thus, the beginning of their reunion started with this small journey.
 
At a young age, Jongup had always been attached to his best friend Daehyun. They were inseparable, as if joined by the hip. They always slept over at each other's house, went on vacations together, basically tagging along wherever the latter went, even as far as taking baths together.
 
Middle school was were their friendship hit a downfall. They had both hit the age of puberty, mature enough to know that they couldn't do everything today. The baths together stopped, as the sleepovers every night halted as well, though they did it every now and then. But it was Jongup who pulled away, which had surprised Daehyun every time he thought about it.
 
He had only realized his love for Jongup when the latter hooked up with a girl. They had already broken up but he was unsure because they had been strong for two years, and there could be lingering feelings.
 
His thoughts were suddenly disrupted as he felt a gentle tug on his hand.
 
"Come on Dae, our stop is here," he mumbled, standing up and pulling Daehyun with him. The older, by a few months, smiled widely as he pulled them out of the train. He couldn't help but admire the scenery when he saw it, lush green grass covered it as cobblestone steps were placed as if to lead them up. Apparently, the rumor was based off an old couple who had confessed here.
 
Once they reached the top, Daehyun took a deep breath of the refreshing scent. He leaned against the bar that kept them from falling off of the edge, arm resting against the rusty railing.
 
"You know, they say that from this hill, you watch the sky while the sun is setting, your love will be reciprocated in 51 days."
 
Daehyun could feel his skeptical look burning into the back of my head before the younger scoffed, making his way next to the older, looking up at the sky as well as they waited for the sun to set.
 
- Day Three -
 
They were once on the hill again, this time, Jongup was sitting on the ground as he picked at the grass. To be honest, he was bored out of his mind, of course the sun took about more than a couple of minutes to set, and what was he supposed to do? He couldn't just leave Daehyun alone, it would be rude. He glanced up at the older again, seeing the eagerness in his eyes. Just what was he thinking about?
 
Daehyun was reliving in his memories again, his eyes closed for a moment before they fluttered open again. His eyes darted to the side, taking a quick glance at his love, before staring at the sky once more. It was truly a beautiful sight to behold, the once light blue sky blending to a multitude of colors: purple, pink, yellow, and orange.
 
His breath hitched minutes later when the sun disappeared from his sight and behind the buildings and earth. A content smile spread on his lips, just forty eight days left of this and they would be done. He turned around to face a sleeping Jongup.
 
A chuckle escaped his lips as he sat down next to the younger. His eyes traveled down the flawless face, his fingers reaching out to brush against the soft skin. He had barely touched the male before he reeled his hand back, pink blush apparent on his cheeks. He then poked the male's side, watching as his sleeping friend jerked from the touch, eyes shooting open as he tiredly took in his surroundings.
 
"Ah, why are we here again?" he huffed, sleepiness laced in his voice as his eyes narrowed. Daehyun rolled his eyes, motioning for the younger to stand up before walking ahead, shouting to the latter behind him.
 
"Let's go!" As he was heading to the train stop, he missed Jongup turning back, his eyes glancing at the sky before following the older.
 
- Day Four -
 
"Hey, do you actually believe in that rumor?" the younger asked curiously, trailing behind his best friend.
 
Daehyun's cheeks flushed, shaking his head quickly as he replied. "No way, there's absolutely no way I would believe in something like that, okay?" It would be embarrassing if he admitted the truth. 
 
A smirk appeared on the latter's lips as he caught up to the older, now walking alongside him. "And just how desperate are you Dae?"
 
"Tsk, you're so annoying," he murmured under his breath, causing a chuckle to escape the other's lips. 
 
"Sorry hyung," Jongup cooed softly, surprising the male with a back hug. Daehyun's cheek flushed a deeper hue of red, struggling a bit in the grip as he was embarrassed. He felt a small nuzzle in his neck, finally relaxing in his friend's grip.
 
After a few minutes of comfortable silence, he finally pulled away, walking ahead of Daehyun. "Let's go now!"
 
Daehyun, still dazed by the sudden hug, blankly followed the younger towards the station. He failed to notice the genuine smile on Jongup's face as they arrived at the station.
 
- Day Five -
 
They were at the hill once again, this time, laying next to each other as they watch the sky. Daehyun was sure Jongup was sleeping and when he turned his head to peak, he could see the latter's eyes closed, even breaths escaping parted lips. The older could only grin at the sight, he was right, he always would be if it was about Jongup.
 
He believed that with just a bit more time, he would get his old Jongup back, the one that loved to spend time with him, the lazy one who always ordered him around and would whine when he received a smack on the head. His Jongup that loved to spend time with him, that would 'do anything to be by his favorite hyung's side.'
 
Daehyun released a small sigh as his head turned to face Jongup instead, slowly leaning in and placing a peck on the younger's cheek.
 
"Just you wait, after our fifty one days end, I'll gain my courage. Please wait for me," he whispered, taking one last second to admire his features before facing the sky once again.
 
- - - - -
 
A/N : Hello o/ Um, this will be a short chaptered story, I've finally made up my mind! ouo
Um, yes, it's quite short but I'm trying my best owo;; fluff isn't my forte as I've said before
I'm still busy with summer school and my reading assignment and right now, I just needed to write something.
Sorry if it's short and horrible ;; I just /disappears off the face of earth/