Chapter 2

His Smiling Eyes

NO ONE'S POV:

Jiyong woke up as the alarm rang off in his room.  He grunted and sighed as he slammed down on the alarm clock to make it stop.  Finally there was peace and quiet.  He laid down with his eyes closed for a few seconds before slowly opening them.  He looked towards the sleeping figure next to him who slightly stirred because of all the noise but didnt quite wake.

Jiyong smiled slightly down at the maknae's sleeping figure before he stood himself up and got out of bed.  Jiyong, though the leader, was always the last one to wake up.  He was a heavy sleeper.  But today was special, he wanted to try once again to cheer Daesung up.  He was thinking maybe breakfast? morning movie? anything that would bring Daesung to understand that they are always there for him no matter what.

Jiyong knocked on Daesung's door but there was no answer.  "Daesung-ah.  Are you awake?" He knew Daesung shouldve been awake by now.. He was usually one of the members who woke up earliest.  Anyways, he barely ever got any sleep in the last 3 months.  He would never give himself the peace of mind to sleep well at night, so he stayed up most of the time.

"Daesung-ah."  Jiyong knocked a couple of times.  Then he tried opening the door which actually worked, usually it was locked.  *Huh?.. Its open.*  Jiyong slowly opened it as he saw Daesung's sleeping figure.

Jiyong smiled slightly at seeing Daesung sleeping.  It has been a while since Daesung had any decent rest.  Jiyong then went over to Daesung and looked over at him.  His smile slowly faded... Something was wrong.  

*Huh?... Why isnt he changed?  Why isnt he under the covers?*  Jiyong wondered as he laid a hand on daesung and softly shook him.

"Daesung-ah.. Daesung-ah"  But Daesung wouldnt budge.  Jiyong started to slowly panic as he turned Daesung over noticing that his chest was moving up or down.  He wasnt breathing.

"DAESUNG! DAESUNG!"  He shook him harder but Daesung still wouldnt wake.  Jiyong was in a frenzy as he slowly took a step back only to find his foot on top of a round object.  He looked down as he bent to pick it up: sleeping pills.

Jiyong looked inside out of fear and saw Daesung had downed almost all of the pills.  Jiyong held it tight in his hands as he was trembling.

"Daesung..." He couldnt believe it... No.. He wouldnt believe it.  All he could do was stand there.  

"Yah... Jiyong.... Whats with all the ruckus?"  Top asked, waking up due to Jiyong's yelling.  His room was right beside Daesung's so he heard everything.

"TOP HYUNG! CALL 911 NOW!"  Jiyong yelled as he shook out of his daze.

"What?-"

"DAESUNG JUST ATE ALMOST A WHOLE BOTTLE OF SLEEPING PILLS! WE NEED THE AMBULANCE!"  At this Top hurried out of the room to grab his phone and call 911.

Jiyong continued to shake Daesung awake but he still wouldnt wake.  "DAESUNG-AH! COME ON! PLEASE!"  Small tears started forming in Jiyongs eyes as Top came back, confirming that the ambulance was coming.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All 5 members of big bang had awoken, traumatized by what Jiyong had seen this morning.  They had just arrived to the hospital with the ambulance, carrying Daesung, waiting for the doctor to come out.

Jiyong was up leaning against the wall looking down at the floor.  Taeyang was sitting down with his head in his hands and Top putting a hand on his hand as comfort and support.  Seungri was pacing slowly while looking at the floor.

Then suddenly the doors opened and out came the doctor.

All the members perked up as they went up to him.

No one said anything.  They were just eager to hear that Daesung was still alive.

But the doctor had a solemn look on his face as he couldnt look any of them directly in the face.

"Doctor.."  Jiyong said, hurrying him to tell them.

The Doctor sighed as he took the courage to look up at the expectant leader.  He slowly shook his head as he spoke, "I am sorry.... I really am..."

Jiyong started to slowly shake his head as the other members didnt know what to do.

"Haha... What do you mean doctor? Why are you sorry? Are you sorry that you can save him? huh? Doctor.. DOCTOR!"  Jiyong yelled out as tears started to slowly form in his eyes.

"Doctor. Tell us..." Top spoke up for his dongsaengs as he tried to appear strong.

The Doctor looked up at Top, "I am sorry to say.... That Daesung is no longer with us."  After he said the last few words there was complete and utter silence.

jiyong just kept staring at the doctor in disbelief.  Top didnt know waht to do.  Seungri was looking around him as if looking for hidden cameras.  Taeyang stood there with a hardened expression.

"Dont joke around with us like that.... Daesung wouldnt do that.... Our daesungie is strong."  Jiyong spoke up, his voice slightly trembling.

The Doctor sighed, "I believe the accident had taken too much of a toll on him... I am terribly sorry for your loss-"

"Dont say that!"  Jiyong yelled out, "Hes not gone! So Stop lying to us!-"

"Jiyong.."  Top said putting a hand on Jiyong.

"ill give you time to let this soak in."  The Doctor said and with that he left.

Jiyong didnt even try to stop him.  He ran into Daesung's hospital room as he stopped short when he saw a white blanket over Daesung's body.  This time tears were slowly starting to fall.  The other four members solemnly followed him inside.  

"Daesung-ah.... Daesung-ah.... "  That was all he could say.... Nothing more.  He was waiting... waiting for Daesung to pop back up with his famous killer smile.  But instead... there was only silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 4 members were back at their dorm, sitting in complete silence.  They had refused to see anyone, their president, fellow artists, managers, family, etc.  It was only time before the news article broke out online: Big Bang's Daesung Committs Suicide.

"Daesung.... isnt dead." Jiyong said after an hour of silence.

No one said anything for a while but then Seungri spoke up slowly, "... Yes he is hyung.... we have to face it..."

"Seungri-"  Jiyong said in a stern tone as he looked at him with anger in his eyes.

"Am i wrong?"  Seungri continued to say as he was staring off into space, in a daze.

"Yah maknae."  Taeyang tried to stop him but then Seungri snapped out of it, a different look to his eyes.  He stood up.

"How long are we gonna sulk?"  Seungri said looking at his hyungs, " Its not like big bang wont be big bang anymore-"

"YAH,"  Top said angrily, looking at him.

"Am i wrong?  Just cause Daesung hyung is gone now doesnt mean we still cant go on.  Maybe itll be a good kind of different."

"Yah."  Jiyong stood up angrily as he looked at him straight in the eyes, "Say that again."

"Daesung. Hyung. Is. Gone."  Seungri said, pronouncing each word slowly.  Jiyong then grabbed him by the collar which made Top and Taeyang jump up trying to pull Jiyong off of him.

"DONT YOU EVER SAY THAT!! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DAESUNG MEANT TO US!"  Jiyong yelled as Top and Taeyang were trying to restrain him.

"What about us then..."  Seungri said softly as Jiyong was being pulled away.

"What did you say"

"WHAT ABOUT US?!"  Seungri yelled out.

"Yah. Seungri-"  Taeyang was cautioning him to keep his temper.

"Its obvious WE didnt mean anything to him.  Since he decided without any regard for anyone else to just kill himself. In the end, It was a selfish act-"

"Stop it seungri."  Now Top was slowly starting to get angry.

Jiyong calmed down as he pushed both Top and Taeyang off.

"Daesung was never selfish Seungri.. Dont talk like that about your hyung."  He said in a low voice before walking out of the dorm and slamming the door shut.

The other three were left in silence and sorrow.  Seungris eyes started to tear up as he looked at the side of him to try to stop them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------