Step Up

Fight - Sunggyu

The beating of your heart hurt, as he waited for you to respond. Your heart wanted to give him another chance but you couldn’t dismiss your mind. Your head shook from side to side, bringing your eyes up to his, a fresh glaze of tears covered over his eyes. He nodded slowly.

"Sorry for bothering you miss" He bowed to you as you bowed back, he walked solemnly back to the dorm. Your heart ached for him but your mind had some things that you needed to get over. Walking back over to your homework after you closed the door on that chapter in your life. You tried to refocus on the problem that was giving you trouble.

"Hyung! What did she say?" Songjong asked as he leaned on his arms against the counter. All of the members soon congregated over to Sunggyu as he grabbed a drink.

"She didn’t want me back" He said as he turned away from the members so they wouldn’t see his tears.

"Do you want her back hyung?" Dongwoo asked as the members all fell silent.

"More than anything" His depressed tone made the members’ heart ache. "Would you guys help me get her back?" The members looked at each other as they all nodded in unison.

"We can work on sweet things to tell her," Sungjong said

"We can work on how to compliment her," Myungsoo commented

"Manly manners," Dongwoo said with Sungyeol

"Stamina to stay awake for her" Hoya smirked

"We can work on a nice treat to make for her when you go and visit her next," Woohyun said as the members high fived each other.

"Let’s get working then…" Hoya said as the members took their turn on working on Sunggyu.

Sungjong and Sunggyu wrote hundreds of poems for you, putting him in certain situations that he would be conflicted with, helping his comments to make you feel loved and confident in yourself.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu looked over hundreds of pictures, finding unique qualities to compliment you on, as well as choosing new outfits and relaxing in certain situations.

Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sunggyu made sure that he did everything that a man should do: hold doors open for you, greet you with flowers, push your chair in for you, putting your coat over your shoulders, and others that a gentleman should know what to do.

Hoya and Sunggyu worked on his muscles and to get him to the point where he can go out late and not fall asleep. Conversation stamina to talk to you the whole night and to get you laughing. Also what to do when he is intimidated or confronted by another man.

Woohyun baked cookies for her as Sunggyu decorated them just for you.

The next week, Sunggyu was ready to greet you once more. with cookies in a cute decorated bag, he was equipped with compliments and dressed nicely to ask you out on a date. He shakily breathed in as he knocked on your door. He heard your voice from the other side of the door. Your smile greeted him as it soon faded.

"What do you want?" You folded your arms

"A second chance" Sunggyu said as he handed you the decorated bag as you looked inside, seeing the words ‘I’m Sorry’. Nodding your head you allowed him into your apartment. Walking into the kitchen you took out the cookies onto a plate. You picked up one and ate it, letting the cookie melt into your mouth.

"These are really good" You complimented

"Thank you, but I think that you are sweeter." You blushed at his sweet words covering your mouth with your hand as he smiled at you.

"I have been thinking" You say as Sunggyu looks up at you, "I want to give you the second chance" He smiled brightly as you finished your cookie.

"Would you like to go out now? I will wait for you to get ready of course." He blushed looking at his clasped hands in his lap.

"Sure I would love to" You smiled as you walked into your room, stressing over what dress to wear. Pulling out a medium blue dress you slipped it on and pulled your hair into a ponytail as you curled the ends. Slipping your feet into some silver sparkly shoes, you slipped some sparkly, silver, dangling earrings into your ears with a matching necklace you moved out to where Sunggyu was as he fixed his hair.

"Ready?" You asked grabbing your purse

"Ready" He said holding out his arm for you. Smiling you slipped your arms through his. Grabbing his coat off of the hook you both walked down the street. "What do you feel like tonight _______?"

"Hmmmm" You tapped your finger on your chin, "I could go for some soup"

"Sounds perfect to me" He gently opened the door for you as he turned into the closest soup shop. Guiding you to a table he ordered your favorite and he ordered what you got too.

"I see that you got a little more refined since we last met" You said trying to start a conversation as he laid the napkin along his lap.

"The guys helped me see what I did before. I fixed a couple things and made some changes. Do you like what you see so far?" Sunggyu said in a hushed tone not knowing how you were going to take it.

"It is a change for sure, I think I might have to get a little used to it but so far I think that I like it. Especially seeing your eyes and just being with you is a nice change for me." You smiled as you really liked the new Sunggyu but he was still himself which you loved most. Sunggyu smiled as both of your food arrived.

"Enjoy your meal" Sunggyu said as he waited for you to take the first bite, then enjoying his meal with you across from him.

After your peaceful and delicious meal with one another. It was late enough that you should go back home. Sunggyu led you out of the restaurant.

"You look very beautiful tonight" Sunggyu glanced over at you then to his shoes.

"I like what you are wearing too" You said as your head leaned on his shoulder. You gently shook because of the cool air as Sunggyu stopped and took off his jacket and helped your arms through, then threading his fingers through yours. Your cheeks blushed as he walked with you to her place. Stopping right outside of her door.

"Thank you for giving me a second chance. I hope that we can see each other again." Sunggyu leaned in and kissed you on the cheek as you returned his jacket back to him. "Hopefully I will see or talk to you later." Sunggyu gently began to walk away as you caught his hand and turned him around.

"Sunggyu… Oppa" You bit your lip and lightly laughed, "Can I be your girlfriend again?" His cheeks began to redden as he walked towards you wrapping his arms around you.

"I would love that" He nuzzled his head into your shoulder as you played with his hair, letting it run through your fingers. "Thank you for the second chance."