Lover's Quarrel- chapter three

Lover's Quarrel

INFINITE- WITH 


TWO DAYS AFTER: JISOO'S BIRTHDAY

“Happy birthday. You’re really pretty, Jisoo-ah,” Dongwoo complimented her as soon as they arrived at the reception of the party. Dongwoo was with Sungjong. Sungjong agreed with him and said that she was pretty. Jisoo was wearing a pink tulle strapless A-line cocktail with short fluffy skirt. 

 

Her cheeks turned beet red, totally flustered. “Thank you, oppa, Sungjong-ah.

 

“Oh, by the way, here’s my gift.” Dongwoo handed her a small beautifully wrapped box.  “Ah~! Kamsahamnida, oppa. Actaully, you shouldn’t have bothered.

 

“Ani. Our baby girl turned twenty-one this day so we should give you some gifts.” He said as he ruffled her hair.

 

Sungjong playfully slapped Dongwoo's hand away from her. “You’re ruining noona’s hair, hyung.

 

“Aigoo~ Here goes the hair protective again.” He teased. “Whatever, hyung.” Dongwoo laughed at him. “By the way, here is my gift for you, noona.” he said as he handed her a paper bag designed with a picture of Cinderella.

 

“Is this the one I like, Jonggie~?” She sweetly asked him.

 

He nodded. “Ofcourse, noona. The one you always wanted me to buy for you.” She chuckled as she hugged him. “Komawo, Jonggie-ah. You really know what I want.” She thanked him as they broke the hug.

 

“You guys really are close. I wonder what will Sungyeol feel if he was here right now.” Dongwoo said that made Jisoo stopped. All of her friends, family and everyone in Infinite already arrived and they were all sitting inside. I wonder why oppa is late, she wondered. There was no way Sungyeol was going to be late on his girlfriend’s birthday. This was just not him!

 

She tilted her head, hoping to see Sungyeol at the entrance. “Everyone are already here, oppa. Sungyeol oppa and Hana unnie hasn’t arrived, yet.

 

“Sungyeol isn’t here, yet?” someone behind them asked. 

 

The three of them both turned around and saw Myungsoo a.k.a L standing cooly with his hands on his pocket. “There he is...” He announced and all of them looked at the car that just arrived and saw Sungyeol went out from the driver’s seat. Jisoo was going to call him, but stopped halfway when they all saw how he opened the passenger’s seat— revealing Hana. She was wearing a white tight lace dress showing her S-line body. The dress didn’t even reach the knee level. She was a damn sexy girl!

 

Jisoo couldn’t help it, but to feel jealous. She knew that she doesn’t need to because Sungyeol love her, and he always told her— which he hadn’t said for a long time ago, since these past weeks. But who on earth wouldn’t be feeling jealous when your own boyfriend was together with his bestfriend— who he knows a very long time ago! He met Hana long before he met her. Jisoo-ah, don’t think in a negative way. Don’t be malicious. They are just friends, she scolded herself.

 

But she was feeling nervous without any reason. And why was she thinking things like that when she already saw both of them together many times. What’s the difference if they come together this time? If what she was thinking right now was right, no! You are just being jealous. There is no way Sungyeol oppa would do what you were thinking, she thought inwardly.

 

“Hyung, noona!” Sungjong called, bringing her back to her senses. “Why are you late? The party just started though.

 

“W-We...were,” Hana started, but was cut off by Sungyeol. “We were stuck at the traffic jam.

 

“It’s fine, oppa, unnie...” She said, taking off her thoughts.

 

“Can I talk with you in private, Sungyeol-ah?” L butted in.

 

“Sure, why not.” What are they going to talk about that they need to do it in private? She curiously asked herself. Sungyeol and L walked off, and she felt sad. He hasn’t greeted him a ‘happy birthday’, not even a ‘hi’.

 


“Aren’t you going to stop what you are doing?” L asked. He was red all over, totally hiding his temper.

 

“What do you mean, L-ah?

 

L tried to punch him, but stopped halfway. “If you’re not going to distance yourself because you can’t do it...” he stood straight. “Or maybe because you also share the same feelings, I don’t know what to do. I am both good friend in both sides, but I won’t tolerate what you are doing.

 

“Sungyeol-ah...” A faint female voice called. They both turned to their side and saw Hana walking towards them. Both of them could smell a wine when she came. Is she drunk? Sungyeol thought.

 

He shifted his attention to her. “Are you drunk, Hana?

 

“I’m going inside first.” L excused himself, but before he walked off, he whisepered on Sungyeol’s ear. If something bad happens, you know what I mean, I will really congratulate you with my whole heart. And with a smile on my face.” He smirked and went off.

 

 

“You’re already drunk?! It hasn’t been an hour since we arrived here and here you are, drunk!” He yelled, worried can be heard on his voice.

 

She hiccupped, and because she was drunk, she was tipsy. “I-I can’t...understand you, Sungyeol-ah! C-Can...you explain thoroughly so I can understand.

 

“You are drunk, Hana.” He stated as a fact. “We’re going inside, and I will ask Jisoo’s permission to drive you home.” He held her arm, but she quickly grabbed it back.

 

“No! I’m not drunk!” she stubbornly stated. “Why do you always drag Jisoo in the topic? We’re talking in here alone. She is not even here so why drag her?!

 

“This is not good. Don’t make a scene in here, Hana.” He shook his head. “This is Jisoo’s precious day, and I do not want to ruin it.

 

“Then tell me to stay away from you. I will do it,” she said, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

 

“C’mon, Hana. You know I care about you. You are my best of friend

 

“But you also know that I love you not as a friend, but more than that!” she cried, and kissed him. Sungyeol was taken back by her actions. He pushed her lightly, but in the corner of his eyes, he saw someone standing on the side. With a fast beating heart, he turned around and saw her. Jisoo.

 

He walked towards her, but she walked passed him. And without any sayings, she slapped Hana on the face and Sungyeol abruptly centered both of them and stopped her. “I am so sorry that I slapped you, unnie. But I never thought you could do it to me.” And with that, she left without saying something to him.


(A/N: Please play the background musicWITH)

Minha's POV

For God’s sake! I just slapped unnie, but who wouldn’t do it when she was the reason of your broken relation with the one you love.

 

I wanted to yell at him, too. But I just couldn’t. I love him, and what if he breaks up with me? People say that if someone cheated on you, they do not deserve your love. But should I keep him when he doesn’t love me anymore?

 

I stopped when someone held my armd, I turned around. “What is it?” I cleared my throat so my voice won’t crack. “I can explain.

 

I reclaimed my arm. “It is no use...” I took a deep breath. “...L-Let’s break up, oppa.

 

He smiled bitterly, couldn’t believe what I just said“You are kidding right?

 

I shook my head. “I am not. I-I w-want...us to break up.

 

“Wae ireoni? Don’t be like this, Jisoo-ah.”  She gave him a plastic smile. “I bet you are happy, oppa. Y-You can...date u-unni openly. W-Without me in your conscience.

 

When I turned around and was about to go, he hugged me by the back. “You are wrong. I am not happy without you, Jisoo-ah. C’mon,

 

I didn’t talk instead, my tears were rolling down from my eyes to my cheeks. It breaks my heart, but I need to set you free oppa. “You are just guilty, oppa. Don’t be because I truly understand it.”   I slowly pushed his arms away and started walking.

 

I cried and cried my heart out while walking through the empty blocks. Minutes later, the rain started falling. Ah~ The rain wants to share the pain. I sat down on random rocks while hugging myself. From now on, I need to start living without him anymore in my life and lastly, I need to heal my broken heart.

 

Although they cheated on me, I still can’t help myself to hate them. And I hope they will live happily ever after.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am also sad, and sorry for giving you guys a sad ending...