Neon Fluorescent

Neon Fluorescent

Jiyong had always wondered why he found Seunghyun so alluring. Was it the way he moved, smooth on stage but rigid behind closed doors? The way he acted, face composed into a stoic, mysterious expression yet as soon as they returned back to their dorm it’d slip and reveal the joyous grin akin to a child’s? Maybe it was the simple deep baritone of Seunghyun’s that was b with endless charisma though changing to the highest pitch upon seeing a harmless bug? Nevertheless, Jiyong couldn’t stop the thoughts revolving around his head about the older man. How he was capable to capture a whole room’s attention by doing such a regular action like walking through the door. Seunghyun didn’t need anything superficial fit for him to wear, all he needed was those eyes to make contact with anyone and he’d get what he’d wanted. Those eyes, another reason Jiyong felt his head swivel with confusion, felt his chest bloom up with something indescribably warm. His eyes with their black captivating orbs seemingly shining whenever he looked out over the sea of yellow crowns as their fans sung along to any song they performed with matching passion. Jiyong would never admit it out loud, but he treasured that small moment of glittering happiness shining briefly in Seunghyun’s eyes more than anything else. Being on stage with the older man made Jiyong feel a sense of completion, when the lights pointed to Seunghyun and all eyes were on him he could feel his own admiration along with the crowd explode to an impossible level. For such a short yet unforgettable feeling it lingered, right there with Seunghyun on the scene. Because to him, Seunghyun didn’t just stand out like a flash of bright lights wherever he went, although he did catch eyes on a daily basis as their famed rapper to the people who knew them as well as a completely handsome stranger to the people who didn’t know them, he was so much more than his appearance gave him credit for. Beneath that cold exterior, behind that façade, was a man with the mentality of a child, with the smile that could rival a thousand suns and with the most outstanding mindset Jiyong had ever had the fortune to encounter.

Choi Seunghyun stood out with such intensity, yet hidden behind that laid an even stronger shine. One only needed to be able to withstand the first powerful glow to find something even more breathtaking. If one managed to stay, they’d be able to receive a magical experience that future moments would not be able to compare to at all, an experience that carved itself into one’s heart.

Kwon Jiyong described love as the color of fluorescent, because even in a crowd of people that special person would stand out no matter what. Never would he have thought that that color meant so much more, that colors that stood out would also bring hidden meanings and never-ending shades.

Just like Choi Seunghyun.

Seunghyun had always admired Jiyong.  He never questioned why he felt like that, he simply adored him. He never cared much for appearance, what was on the inside mattered the most to him and Jiyong proved him day in as well as day out how stupidly beautiful he was aside from his physical aspects. Everything the younger man did, whether it was verbally or physically, had Seunghyun’s chest constricting as if he was being blinded by something extraordinary, as if he wasn’t worthy of being in the presence of someone so perfect, yet imperfect at the same time. He knew from the first day Jiyong had stood up for him, despite his famed reputation at school, that this man would be someone he’d hold dear to his heart. But what started out as a playful although shy, on his part, friendship, quickly grew into what became an infatuation, also on his part. How could it now have become that? Jiyong with his personal ups and downs when it came to his moods, Jiyong with his unsuitable voice that somehow managed to work, Jiyong with his endless tirades of how he had to become more perfect when he was already the most flawless existence created.  He was a person who never went back on his words but who also knew when to face his mistakes and apologize. He was fierce yet compassionate and a person who pretended not to care of the public’s view of him, when in reality he cared too much. He was bright, an unstoppable force of energy that radiated off of him like the sun’s rays, yet at the same time he could dim that light and let other people step into the shining brightness of the people’s eyes. Seunghyun couldn’t help but feel how he each second by the day was pulled deeper into the intoxicating entity that was Jiyong, how he had to take a step back at times when the younger man’s presence shone too brightly and simply divulge in the moment.  Especially on stages, as much as Seunghyun pointed out that being on stage with Jiyong was possibly the best experience in his life, to the younger man’s embarrassment, he genuinely meant it. Being on stage with Jiyong, inspecting him from afar as he sang his heart out and performed, truly performed with his soul bared for the whole world to see, seeing how he so passionately expressing his love for what he did, was absolutely mind-blowing.

Kwon Jiyong was a puzzle; the pieces often didn’t match together in his intricate mind but when they did one found something amazing.  He was a creature that slowly but surely took over the attention with an outer world personality that left one speechless. He stood out, sometimes it would be too much but one could never get enough of him even if he had a habit to shine too brightly.

Choi Seunghyun always found love to be the color of neon lights, lights that managed to grab everyone’s attention no matter how many times one had seen them. It wasn’t pure talent that brought that attention, but presence.

Just like Kwon Jiyong.

Love, has to be the color of neon fluorescent.