Chapter 2

Because You're My Hyung

Chapter 2:

 

 

In the fifth grade, Luhan was in the boys bathroom stall, hiding from Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O. as they were ready to take his Donald Duck toy he would bring.

It was one of those things that is kept because it reminds that person of an innocent time, a happy time where the world doesn't look so scary.

That toy was always with Luhan, because even at a young age, he understood how scary the world truly was. He grew up a little bit faster than the other kids.

"Come out you sissy!" Baekhyun was kicking the stall door, trying to break the hinges.

"Aaww is the little baby scared? What are you gonna do, cry again?" Chanyeol was helping D.O. climb up the side of the stall, camera ready in his hands to take a picture of a mortified Luhan, crying and hugging his doll for comfort.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Sehun's voice was still small, but it was bigger now after a few years.

"Oh hey look its that kid that Bambi always hangs out with" D.O. is chuckling, satisfied with all the shots he has of Luhan on his camera.

"Yeah, and I'm here to help him!" Sehun charges directly at the three boys, only to meet fists and punches to his body.

Luhan was too shocked to do anything. He sat in his stall, wondering why Sehun would fight the big kids just for him.

Scary enough, Sehun's little cries didn't help ease his mind. He was too afraid to move, so he hugs Donald Duck a bit tighter.

After they leave, Luhan opens his door to meet a bruised up Sehun. Looking closely, you can see him shaking and crying.

"I'm sorry hyung. I co-couldn't get the c-c-camera"

Luhan was amazed.

Sehun had just brawled with 3 kids, all bigger than him, and certainy more menacing than him, yet he was upset because he couldn't save his best friend.

"..." Luhan can't say anything, so instead, he drops his Donald Duck toy and hugs Sehun.

Sehun didn't need words to know what his best friend is saying, but he understands anyways, that its okay.

 

 

 

 

 

At the end of the day, Luhan stops in the middle of the sidewalk on their way home.

"...waeyo?" Luhan mumbled Sehun was puzzled, if Luhan could be a bit more specific it would be better.

Instead, Luhan was mumbling his small words while looking at his plush toy.

"What do you mean hyung?" "Wae...at the...b-bathroom?"

He was trying his best not to cry, but he knows its coming.

"That? Well" Sehun walks over to him, takes his plush toy and makes his best friend look at him.

"Its because you're my best friend. You're my hyung." With that said, the boys walk home, and it was a little longer than usual to get home.

Luhan lies down in his bed, thinking of his new favorite word, saying it in many different tones, placing emphasis here and there

"Hyung"

 


These guys are such meanies...;-;

Oh c'mon look at them. They're so menacing right xD ESPECIALLY D.O....watching out for you Kyungsoo...