Emergency

Emergency - Yunho

The sun gleamed into your bedroom window on top of your bed. The yellow haze of the sun illuminated through your room. Your phone buzzed, your eyes fluttered open waking from your beautiful dream that you had just slipped away from. You hand touched the cold phone on top of your bed stand. When your hand touched the phone it began to ring. You looked to see who was calling you at eight in the morning on a Saturday. It was Yunho, his name in your phone was You Know, and so you answered with your quite morning voice. Yunho quickly cut you off with his panicky voice. He was cracking up, you suddenly were aware of everything that was happening.

You quickly got dressed; fixing your hair you got another phone call from Yunho. You quickly picked up hoping that Yunho would tell you more.

“I want you to…..” Yunho trailed off.

“Hello…..Hello” You started to yell at your phone. A woman picked up his phone and started to talk to you calmly.

“Can you come to the hospital, he really wants you and he keeps screaming your name.” The nurse said with hastiness. In the background you could hear Yunho calling __________. A tear started to roll down your cheek as you grabbed your purse and ran to the hospital.

Your thoughts were traveling a thousand times a minute, wondering what was wrong, if you could help him, what were you going to do.

You finally arrived at the hospital, lungs were burning, head was racing and heart was pounding.

“_________” Yunho quietly yelled down the hall.

“Yunie” You screamed. The nurse met you outside of the room.

“He is really weak. I think that you can see him, but be careful he has been very physical with the nurses and doctors.” The nurse cautiously said.

“Ok, can I see him anyways?”

“_________” Yunho said, he sat up as the door opened and a flood of doctors, nurses, and bodyguards were surrounding him.

“Miss. You can’t come any closer” the doctors voice resonated above all of the commotion that was going in the room.

“Can’t I just hold her hand” Yunho said with a weak, sincere voice. The doctor allowed you to come over. He held out his hand and you held out yours when your hands touched a flood of emotions came over you and you couldn’t help but release a tear that landed on his hand. Yunho let out a big sigh and allowed all of the doctors and nurses to resume working again. The doctors communicated with each other as you and Yunho just stared into each other’s eyes.

“Can I speak to you ________?” The doctor acknowledged me out to the hall.

“Don’t leave me….” Yunho trailed off looking at you with the most scared and desperate face you have ever seen.

“Can you tell me here?”

“Well I would like to keep you out of their way.” The doctor said sternly. You walked over to Yunho held his hand and whispered into his ear that you would be right back and that he should be good while you were gone.

“Have you known Yunho for very long?” The doctor questioned.

“We have been together for six months” hesitantly blushing.

“Ok, Yunho has been in a car accident. I am afraid to say that he has internal bleeding so we need your permission to operate to save him. We will not know the extent of the damage until we get in there.”

“Can I at least see him before?”

“I am sure that I can give you too some time before we take him in. But then you will need to fill in some paperwork.” The doctors scratching his head, you agreed and went back to Yunho’s room. Where he was fixed on the celling, you walked into the room and told him what his situation was and he started crying. You wiped the falling tears from his eye.

“I will see you after Yunie, I promise”

“I’m scared I don’t know what this will do with my career and with my future… and with you” Another tear began to fall to his hand

“Nothing will happen to you. I will be right here when you are done.” You stopped mid-sentence “you’re scared about me, you’re scared of losing me?” Yunho’s eyes began to drift down to where our hands were grabbed hold of my hand and kissed it. You leaned in to kiss his lips when the doctor interrupted. You kissed his forehead instead.

“I love you” I mouthed to him. With all of his strength he put his two hands together and held it above the bed so you could see the heart he made with his hands as he was wheeled out of the room. Your heart began to melt.

2 Hours Later ~~~~~~~~~

You waited in the recovery room. Yunho was being wheeled in by the security guards and the doctor followed.

“The surgery went well, his appendix was ruptured and so we went ahead and removed that. He should come out of the anesthesia in about an hour. Let the nurses know if you have any questions.” You bowed to the doctor and thanked him for the services that he provided. A body guard stayed in the room with you and Yunho.

“Would you mind if you left us alone, please?”

“I am supposed to make sure that he doesn’t hurt you, Miss.” The bodyguard said

“What would make you say that?”

“When he came into the emergency room, he was kicking and screaming some girls’ name and so I had to hold him down. But when you came in… he stopped and held still…. Like he was stunned….” The bodyguard hesitates “I guess I could leave you too lovers alone. I hope he gets better Miss.”

“Thank you” You gently slid your hand into his. Drew circles on the back of his hand. After thirty minutes you gently kissed his cheek. His eyes fluttered open.

“I though you wouldn’t wait for me. I thought you were busy to wait for me.” Yunho said bashfully.

“I would always wait for you, I love you”

“I have to confess something” Yunho hesitated “While I was brought in all I could think about was you, so I guess I freaked out because I didn’t know what would happen to me if I couldn’t be with you. So I guess I was violent. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I just didn’t want to be without you when I was scared.”

You started to get all misty in your eyes. Yunho scooted over in his bed and asked you to lay with him. He put his arm around you and you nuzzled your face into his chest.

“Now I am scared” you quietly said hoping that he didn’t hear it

“Why are you scared you are not in jeopardy of losing your job, your singing career and your true love…” Yunho was trailing off again.

“You will never lose me, Yunie”

“You are the only one that I would ever want here with me. I love you till the tides fade _________”

You felt his head fall on yours and silently drifted to sleep.

“Two hearts that acted like one.” ~Unknown