The Family

Being a Dad: EXO style!

“Hyung! I’m here!”

   Sehun waved at Suho who was just called him awhile ago asking where was he. “Oh! Sehun-ah!” Suho waved back and smiled looking at EXO’s maknae walking towards him with a big travel backpack on.

   He looked just the same as when they we’re debuting in 2012, years ago, but only with a bit of dark circle showing. He’s still the cutest for his hyungs. “Hyung!” Sehun hugged Suho “Whaaa, so we’re going to stay in your place this time?” Sehun smiled as Suho nodded. “It’s the first time though!” “Well, not for some of us...”

   “APPA!!”

   A boy ran from a corner with a frown, he wore a Dino backpack, “You said you’re going to wait for me!!” the boy hit Sehun’s lap. “AGH! But you were so slow! It means I win!” Sehun poked his son’s head. “No you’re not! No you’re not! MEEEEHRONG!” his son make a face to Sehun and he replied the same. JUST the same. Two Sehun making a face, just different in size. Suho could only laugh at Sehun and his son. “Seyun-ah, you’re very tall! How old are you now?”  “I’m 128cm and 23kg! I knew that from my school, uncle Suho! And I’m eight years old.” Seyun nodded and looked at his dad. Sehun gives him a thumb up and mouthing ‘you’re smart’. “Whoaa, you’re tall! But.. a little bit skinny. Eat a lot here okay! You know your friends like to eat too, right?” Suho ruffled Seyun’s hair.

   “Seyun-ah, go first, click on the elevator button and tell me if it’s coming!” Sehun told his son, Seyun ran to the elevator. “Sehun-ah, what do you give Seyun to eat? How to become tall like him? Junho doesn’t really eat much and I think Seyun will be taller than Junho in a week..” Suho asked Sehun, dad to dad. “You want to know what hyung?” Sehun looked at Suho seriously. Suho nodded in anticipation. Sehun whispered, “I give him a very special and rare supplement..” “What, what? What is it!” Suho grew curious. “It’s a.... ‘Genetic supplement’.”

They looked at each other blankly. Suho hit Sehun hard several times, “GO! GOOO! DON’T YOU EVER COME!” Sehun dunked in response and laughed hard.  “Appa!! The elevator is coming!”. Sehun cannot stop laughing and walked towards his son as Suho followed him, still kicking his .

 

>////<

 

 “An Fai! An Mei! Your milk!” Kris called his children from the dining room. A little girl with piggy tails and a little boy with short textured cut ran to him and took each cup from Kris’ hands. Kris cleaned up the mess he made when he prepared for his kids milk. The kids looked at inside the cup, An Fai got the strawberry milk and An Mei got the chocolate milk. They swapped their cups and started drinking.

   “No Appa! This horse should be in front of the black tiny man!!”

   “Ya Park Hyun! I’m your dad! And I’ve played this before!” Chanyeol placed the horse back to its place.

   “Junho hyung! The horse supposed to be here! Right?” Hyun asked Junho and expecting a ‘yes’ from him with a big grin. “No, your dad is right,” Junho answered innocently as he drinks on his milk. “HAHAHAHA YES!!! Junho! Where’s your dad? Tell him I’ll buy you ice cream tomorrow!!” Chanyeol laughed hard for his victory. Hyun threw the horse to Chanyeol’s face with a pout.

   Suho, Sehun and Seyun came in from the main door, Seyun ran to Junho who was waiting for him to play pirates together. An Fai and Hyun followed them. Loud screams and cheers filled the entire house. Their voice can be heard until Namsan tower. Sorry, it’s too much. An Mei still holding her dad’s index finger. “Daddy.. When will Ji Xin come? I want to play princess..” An Mei swung her dad’s finger. “Wait a little bit and play with oppas and gege first okay? I’ll call Ji Xin’s dad,” Kris smiled to her daughter and pinches her cheek. She pouted and went to Junho’s room.

   “Yo-Youngshik! Wait! Your pants, your paaants!” Xiumin ran from the bathroom chased his son, Youngshik, who’s running out after doing his business to play with his friends. “Ah, really, Youngshiksin! I won’t give you any snacks!” Xiumin walks to the other dads as he chuckling about his son. Chanyeol laughs, “Hyung, you’re really mean! You’re calling your son ‘god of food’! Gluttonous!” as he kept laughing. Xiumin chuckled, “Well he is,”. Sehun laughs too, “How are you my hyungs?” he patted Xiumin’s and Suho’s back. “Instead of us, I think you need to ask ‘Where are you?’ to Lay, Luhan, Baekhyun and Chen. And ‘What have you been doing?’ to Kai and Tao. And well, ‘How are you?’ to D.O,” Kris said.

   Chanyeol opened his mouth once again,  “Baekhyun and Chen are on the way. Lay hyung promised Ji Xin for a new doll, so they’re going to buy it first. And Luhan hyung....” “He’s on the way. He’s going to be late. He’s picking up Ye Zhi when I almost got here.” Sehun said. Kris nodded. “Hey, wait hyung, what’s wrong with D.O hyung?” Sehun asked Kris. “Aaah,” Suho nodded “Kyungsoo’s going to have a daughter!”. “How do you know it’s going to be a girl?” Xiumin tilted his head. “Well..”

 

Months ago..

   Sehun jumps from the sofa and looked back where his son was playing, “Seyun-ah! Uncle Kyungsoo will have a baby! You’ll have another dongsaeng!”. “It’s better if it’s going to be my real dongsaeng... I hope it’s a girl..” Seyun replied him with a sad face. “Uh.. yeah, well, we’ll talk about it later...” Sehun got back to his seat. Dazed.

   “An Fai, An Mei, Kyungsoo will have a baby.” Kris put his phone on the dining table and starts reading his news paper. “I hope it’s a girl.” the two of them replied. “I need more friends to play.” An Mei flipped her story book page. “Mei mei needs more friends..” An Fai added while still playing with his game. Kris looked at them closely, tapping his mug, “Who’s teaching the two of to be so.. Ignorant?”. The twins replied him only with a glance, as they tapped the book and the gadget.

   Chanyeol and Hyun were jogging. Chanyeol took his phone, he slows down. “Park Hyun! Uncle D.O will have a baby! Do you think it will be a girl or a boy?” Chanyeol asked Hyun as they jogged. “A girl! A preeeeeeetty—“  “HYUN THERE’S—!” DUNG!! Hyun hit something. “A trash.. Bin..” Chanyeol laughed so hard uncontrollably.

   “Youngshik-ah~” Xiumin went to his son’s bed, tried to wake him up. “I have good news and bad news! Wanna hear it?”. Youngshik was only nodding as a response. “The good news is Uncle Kyungsoo will have a baby! Do you want it to be a girl or a boy?” Xiumin poked his son’s face several times. “A girl... will not eat much..” Youngshik answered still with his closed eyes and didn’t move an inch. “The bad news is... I forgot to buy rice last night..” Xiumin still poking his son’s face. Youngshik’s foot kicked Xiumin’s stomach. Xiumin pretended to be hurt and rolled to Youngshik’s side.

   “Junho! Junho!” Suho ran to his son’s room. “Yes, appa?” he sits up from his bed. “Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo is going to be a dad!!” Suho shook Junho’s body. “Oh yeah?! YEEEAAAY I’LL GET MORE DONGSAENGS!!”  They both laughed. “Junho, what do you think? Will it be a girl, or a boy?”

   “uuhm...”

 

   “.....  And all of them sure, that the baby will be a girl.” Suho nodded. “So.. It’s going to be a baby girl?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. They all nodded blankly.

   A phone rang, they all took their phones. Its Chen calling Suho, he picked it up. “Yes, Chen? Oh you’re here? Okay, okay, just come here. Hmmm, yeah. Okay, bye,” Suho hung up. A few minutes later Chen came with Baekhyun.

   “Hey booooys!~” Baekhyun waved a plastic bag in his hand. “Uh? Where are those cubs?? It’s only the dads are here!” He pointed at the other dads. “They’re playing in Junho’s room. And where’s Minki?!” Suho pointed back at him. Baekhyun scratches his head, “He’s with Chen. Oh, here they are!” Baekhyun turned and lift his son up. Chen and Ahri came holding hands. “Ahri is here~” Chen waved Ahri’s hand that he was holding.

   “Ahri-yah, bows!” Chen told Ahri to, she bowed right away. Chen chuckled, so are the other dads. “Ahri, come here!” Xiumin opened his arms and got up from his seat to hug Ahri. Ahri ran to him and hugged him. “Ah, so cute!” Sehun caresses Ahri’s cheek. “Go make another one later.” Kris said bluntly. “Eigh! This bad uncle!!” Chanyeol covered Ahri’s ears. “You all should be thankul that Kai is not here tough..” Chanyeol added.

   Minki whispered to Baekhyun, his face was serious. As he pulled himself, he smiled shyly. “Aaah, so Minki likes Ahri?” Baekhyun said almost shouting. They all looked up to Baek and his son. “He said Ahri is....”. Minki prevents Baek from talking more by hugging his neck. “No, appa, no!” He snuggled to his dad’s neck. The dads laughed and started making noises. “Aigoo, Minki, you need to ask uncle Jongdae first if is it okay for you to like Ahri!” Suho chuckled. Chen was only laughed and ruffled Minki’s hair.

 

>/////<

 

   It’s 7 pm now and they’re having their dinner. Luhan and Lay hasn’t come yet.

   “You want more soup?” Xiumin asked Youngshik, he nodded. “Aaah, I’m so tired!” Chanyeol whined. “Are our wives having fun right now?” Chanyeol asked. “You see, they’re making us doing this once a month. It’s nothing than doing it everyday like what our wives ususally do!” Suho took a meat and eats it. Chanyeol tried to defend again, “Yeah hyung, your son is—“ Something hitted Chanyeol’s head. “Appa! Chicken! The big one!” Hyun pursed his lips and pointed the chicken with it. “Not like this one..” He put the chicken on Hyun’s plate and pinched his cheek.

   The door bell rang, Junho ran to open it.

   Lay came with Luhan and their kids. “Assa! Ji Xin is here!” An Mei holds Ahri’s hand and skipped to Ji Xin. They’re holding hands and turnned in a circle. Lay grinned looking at his happy daughter. “Whoaaa, Ye Zhi is here!” Suho cheered. But Ye Zhi was still have a frown on his face. “Ye Zhi, whats wrong?” Sehun asked him. Lay explained, “Luhan was late picking him up. He was in the kindergarten until 3. Glad that one of his friend’s mother dropped him home.”

   Ye Zhi goes to Kris’ arms and carried by him. “But baba still picking me late even after I was home. Baba is too busy, I hate it!” Ye Zhi hugged Kris and pouted. Kris patted Ye Zhi’s back before Ye Zhi burst out to tears. “Ye Zhi.. Baba’s so, so, so sorry.. I promise I won’t be late anymore, okay?” Luhan persuade Ye Zhi and caressed his arm. But Ye Zhi tighten and keep holding onto Kris.

   Kris sigh, “Your dad already appoligize to you. And I know you’re a very smart boy, you know what to do right?” Ye Zhi didn’t move an inch. “Okay, you can eat with uncle Kris tonight. But promise me, you’ll forgive your dad, okay?” Kris caressed Ye Zhi’s head. He nodded.

 

>/////<

 

   “KIIIIDS!! Your favourite uncle’s here!” Tao rushed into the dining room and speaded his arms, waiting for the kids to run to hugged him.

   “UNCLE KAI!!!” the kids ran to Kai who were behind Tao. He was holding a big plastic bag with 3 big box of ice cream. Tao frooze and fell to the floor. An Fai and An Mei approached him and patted his . “But... he cheated...” Tao curled.

   “HEY HEY HEY EVERYONE!!” Suho shouted. “Kyungsoo’s calling!!”

   He quickly picked up the phone as everyone went silent. “Hello, Kyungsoo-yah! We’re gathering right now! How’s the baby??”

   D.o didn’t reply a thing....

   “Our baby...”

   “What? What’s wrong uncle D.O?!” Hyun shouted from a far.

   “It’s.... A GIRL!!!!” they all cheered for their new family member, Sieun.