Meeting You.

I Don't Do Love.

 

"Are you sure you're not feeling well?" I questioned her, even though it was obvious how she was feeling from her dark circles and pale skin. But at the same time she looked better than I did, who wasn't sick. 
 
"Please. You wont have to ever do anything for me again." She begged, sincerity in her eyes. I gave in and agreed to do this- just once. I could tell she was relieved, her face was now softened and she smiled at me. 
 
"You're a life saver Tiff. Thank you so much." I sighed and walked into the kitchen. "Do you want some soup?" She shook her head and motioned for me to come over. 
 
"I'm fine. The papers with all the questions are over there, and all you need to do is read them off, so don't panic about it to much." 
 
Of course Yoona would be prepared. She worked for this newspaper our university had, and apparently this man I was supposed to interview had turned her down until now, and she did not want me messing this up. I checked my watch and quickly gathered up all the papers. I pulled the blanket up to her chin and put a pillow behind her head. "Get some rest and take some pills in a few hours." 
 
She nodded her head and told me good luck before I headed out the door. 
 
Only Yoona could convince me to do something like this, I thought as I pulled out my car keys. Well she could make anyone do anything. She was a great journalist and beautiful too. I hopped into my car and headed out on the long drive. 
 
I parked in front of the tall building, and gaped at how large it was. Clutching my bag I took a deep breath before nervously stepping inside. The minute I walked in, I could tell I didn't fit in. Everyone was dressed very formally and I felt very low class. I should have borrowed one of Yoona's nice dresses. I wore my nicest dress, which was lace, and a light camisole over it.
The girl at the front desk overlooked me a few times, probably judging me. 
"Um, I'm here to see Mr. Wu, Stephanie Hwang for Im Yoona." I blushed furiously, pushing my hair behind my ear, trying to act more confident. The woman slightly smiled as if she were laughing to herself and handing me a pass that had VISITOR written across it. Well of course I was a visitor. Like I said, I did not fit in here. I thanked her before getting in the elevator and hitting the 9th floor. The doors opened and I stepped inside the large room. I sat down on a chair and waited a minute before a woman came over to me. 
 
"Miss Hwang?" I glanced up at her and nodded. "Mr. Wu will be ready soon. Would you like me to take your jacket?" I froze flustered before quickly taking it off and handing it to her.
 
"Would you like something to drink?" I shook my head and gave a soft smile before she headed away. After a little while of waiting a young man came out of his office, dressed nicely and was very handsome. 
 
"Coffee soon, Yi Fan."
 
I couldn't hear the response but the man laughed and then turned in my direction. He smiled at me and the other intern. "Ladies," 
 
The woman guided me towards the door and smiled. "He's ready for you." 
 
I took a deep breath before stepping into the office. He was very different from what I expected. Very. A lot younger than I thought, and extremely handsome. He smiled at me from his chair, and my face turned a deep red. 
"You must be Miss Im?" He swiftly got up before stopping in front of me. 
 
"Um, actually.. I'm Stephanie Hwang, I am here for Yoona- Miss Im, as she is sick." I stuttered out, a small smile played on the ends of his lips. 
 
"Oh is that true? Well have a seat Miss. Hwang." I bowed my head and sat down in the chair across from his. Taking a few breaths I opened the book with her questions and glanced up at Mr Wu. "I'll start now."
 
He nodded, crossing his legs and leaning forward. I nervously skimmed over the questions taking a breath before looking up. 
"Was your goal to be this successful in life?" He smiled slightly, then leaned back and sat his head on his hand. Something about him made my insides tingle. And I wasn't used to that. 
 
"Not really, I guess it just happened." I pursed my lips and nodded asking some more questions before stopping in front of one. "Um, are you gay?" 
 
He sputtered out a dry laugh.
"Um, its not my question, um, I just.." He smiled slightly, but his face changed back to emotionless.
 
"I am not gay, I am just not with anyone." 
 
I apologetically smiled and checked my watch, it was late and I didn't want to be driving to late.
 
"Well, I am finished, thank you for your time Mr. Wu." I blushed lightly and grinned wide, my eyes turning into crescents. His eyes widened as if taken back, but he then returned the smile and offered his hand. I hesitantly took it as he helped me out of the chair. 
 
"Did you have a jacket?" I nodded and he opened his office door calling for one of his interns.
 
She came quickly and he asked her to grab my coat. He stood with it open, holding it for me to put on. I shyly slipped my arms through the sleeves and thanked him once again. 
 
He walked me to the elevator and we paused for a minute before the door opened. "If you're looking for a job, there is always a place for you here." His gaze was captivating and I was almost debating whether to say yes or no before I told my self to get real.
 
"That wont be necessary Sir." The door opened and I stepped inside. 
 
"I'm glad you could come instead of Miss Im, Stephanie." A small smile formed on his lips, and I had to stop myself from fainting that moment. 
 
"Goodbye Mr. Wu." I smiled politely before the doors shut closed and leaned back on the bar. My heart was beating fast and my palms were sweating. 
 
What is this man doing to me? 
 
 
____________________________________________________
 
If anyone can guess what this story is based off of, you're my favourite. I really wanted to do a story like this for a long time, so I decided to start it now. Yes I will update my other story first so, dont expect this story to my first priority. 
 
Please enjoy it though!