Rainy Party

Realizing

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

It was one hot morning when I woke up. Maybe it was because I was laying right under the sunlight that was shining through my window. I groggily got up. Because dinner ended late the other night, I didn't sleep till three in the morning.

 

I caressed my temple. I seriously can't remember anything from last night other than the fact that I went to dinner with Sica-ah.

 

I suddenly smiled at the thought. Finally! The girl is accepting me!

 

Well now that she's my friend, I should text her to see if she wants to hang out. I grabbed my phone and looked for her name in my contacts, but instead, I found something else saved as a text message draft.

 

My number isn't just for anyone, Tae.

-Jung Jessica

 

I fell over.

 

She didn't put in her number last night!? I face-palmed myself. This girl… I chuckled in defeat and threw my phone back on the bed and started walking towards the bathroom. Jung...

 

As I brushed my teeth, I thought about ways to become closer to Sica. While I was brainstorming, my phone buzzed. A text message?

 

Fany-Fany: My birthday party starts @ 12:30! Be there, Tae-Tae! :)

 

I grinned. I already got Fany's birthday gift a month early. I felt proud that I didn't wait till the last minute. After I finished brushing my teeth, I got an idea. I knew Fany was gonna invite the girl to the party… I'll bond with her there!

 

With my hopes high, I skipped to my closet and got ready for the party.

 

I wanted to look casual, so I just basically got whatever. I grabbed my Marvel tank top as well as a pair of denim shorts. I finished my look with some light makeup. I'm not much of a fashionista. I looked plain but it was enough for me.

 

I looked at the clock as soon as it struck 10:40. It was about time to leave.

 

-

 

As I drove up to Fany's house, I noticed someone walking in the driveway. Wha… it was Sica! She just arrived! I sped up my car and parked wherever there was room. As I turned off the ignition, I stared at her. She looked marvelous even though her attire was quite plain, as well. She wore a white lace blouse accompanied with some skinny jeans.

 

I got out of my car while holding Fany's present and ran up to the girl. I tripped on the way… but it was okay. "Sica!" I said. She turned around. Again with her deadpan expression…

 

I started twitching but I remained calm. "Let's walk in together!"

 

"Whatever." she said. She doesn't ignore me anymore! I grinned at the thought of her finally accepting me. Not wanting to be left behind, I quickly followed her. She rang the bell and within a few minutes, Fany opened the door and greeted us.

 

Pink streamers. Pink balloons. Pink cake and gifts. The decorations were all... pink. Heck, the whole room was pink!

 

I stood there bewildered. Fany always expressed how much she loved pink but this was just… whoa. Sica nudged me and brought me back from my daze. I realized I was still holding Fany's birthday present. I hugged Fany tight after giving her the gift. 

 

"Happy birthday, Fany!" I grinned. She replied with her beautiful eye smile. "Thanks for coming, you guys! Everyone was waiting." The three of us walked into the living room where I saw the girls I met at Sunny's party chatting about.

 

There were six of them but including me, Sica, and Fany, there were nine. Just nine people? I shooed the thought away as I decided to just enjoy the party.

 

-

 

Time sure does go by fast. I checked the time. 6:36. I laughed. For 6 hours, the nine of us chatted, laughed about silly things, and ate cake. 

 

I felt like family with the others. I never knew Tiffany was part of this group. They all welcomed me kindly and I was glad. Slowly, everyone started leaving for the night. We bid farewells. "We should hang out again sometime, Taeyeon!" Sooyoung said as she reached the door.

 

I smiled and replied that I would love to. As Sooyoung opened the door, I heard thunder. Is it gonna rain tonight? As I turned back to see who's left, only Sica remained. I grinned from ear to ear. Now's the chance to become closer to her!

 

During the party, the other seven fought over me. They called me a cutie and treated me like a baby. I felt welcomed, but I didn't get to spend any time with Sica.

 

As I was about to talk to her, she stood up. "Great party, Tiff. I guess I'll leave now too." Fany looked worried. "Jessi… are you sure? You walked here and it's nighttime now. Plus, I think it's about to rain…"

 

I was shocked. She walked all the way here? "It's okay. I'll catch a cab and figure something out." Sica replied assuringly, interrupting my thoughts. "N-no, wait!" I said. Both Sica and Fany turned to look at me. I cleared my throat to get rid of the butterflies that formed in my tummy when their eyes landed on me.

 

"U-uh.. Sica-ah, do you want me to drive you home? You shouldn't be walking in the rain." I told her. Sica was about to refuse but Fany intruded. "That's a great idea! Jessi, let Tae-Tae drive you home~"

 

It took almost ten minutes to get Sica to agree. As we both walked towards my car, I started feeling raindrops on my shoulder. To prevent Sica from getting soaked, I grabbed her hand and ran to the car.

 

"Little rough, there." she commented after I shoved her into the car. I wasted no time and got in myself and drove away.

 

"Okay… so where's your house?" I asked her. She gave me the directions and it took us only a few minutes to arrive at her home. The rain was starting to pour down hard. Being a gentle-woman, bonus points on getting closer, I walked with her under an umbrella to her front door.

 

I saw her about to ring the doorbell but suddenly, she stopped. I was confused but then saw a yellow post-it note stuck onto the door.

 

Darling, your father and I left for an errand this afternoon.

We're on a business trip and we'll be back tomorrow. In the mean time,

find a place to stay. Okay? Because… your dad took all the keys to the house with us.

I love you.

 

                                                                                  -Mom

 

Overwhelmed at her parents, I ran my fingers through my hair while Sica just stood there dumbfounded. It was raining hard and if we both stayed outside any longer, we'll both get sick. I tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. "Why don't you just sleepover at my place for tonight? I'll drive you home tomorrow." I said.

 

"…Thanks." she replied. I walked with her back to my car and drove to my house. As I was driving, I smiled, knowing this was a great opportunity to bond and get closer to her.

 

As for Jessica, she felt like this day couldn't get any worse.

 

-

 

It took 10 minutes to get to my house from hers. Again, I was being a gentle-woman, bonus points bonus points bonus points, and walked Sica to my house. It was a small house since I lived alone, but the house was newly built. That's what I liked most about it. I tend to not like houses that have been lived in before.

 

I unlocked the front door and welcomed her in. I walked passed her and into my bedroom, knowing she would be following me.

 

I threw my things down and walked to the drawer. I picked out a couple of comfortable clothes and turned around. Sica was studying my room and seemed fascinated. I giggled. I had art paintings and drawings I've done in the past all hung up on the walls.

 

I walked to her, gave her the clothes, and instructed her to take a shower for the night.

 

I picked out another pair of clothes and went to my other bathroom to shower. And as if right on cue, we both finished at the same time.

 

I walked back to my bedroom, finding Sica looking at my collection of art books. She turned around when she noticed me. "Uh… the bed's for you. I'll go sleep on the couch." I said.

 

"No, I came here uninvited. We'll share the bed," she exclaimed. Before I tried to reason with her, saying she was a guest in the house, she pointed to the bed. Tripped a few times, but I managed to scramble onto it.

 

She sat down slowly next to me. "Be comfortable," she commanded. I hastily jumped around and again, scrambled to get under my blanket. "I-I'm comfortable now," I replied.

 

"You like art?" she asked me bluntly. I'll be honest, I was a bit startled. "U-uh… yeah. I like drawing and stuff like that."

 

She hummed as a way of saying 'I see.'

 

I sighed. I wanted to stop being a baby and take this chance to get to know her. I crawled up from under the covers and, taking a deep breath, started asking her questions. Surprisingly, we ended up talking for two hours about each other's likes and dislikes.

 

It took a while, but she seems to have opened up to me, considering she didn't answer me half-heartedly anymore. I was really happy. I think that now, she acknowledges me as a friend.

 

"So.. how's your love life?" I asked her.

 

"Not that interesting. I'm single, right now." she replied to me. I sat there thinking. She's single…? Somehow, I was a bit glad as I let out a relieved sigh.

 

"Really? You don't really seem like the type to be single." I questioned.

 

"I was dating a few months back, but the person cheated on me. I haven't dated anyone since."

 

"Well then, I…" I suddenly heard light snores. She fell asleep…

 

I couldn't help but chuckle at her. I carefully covered her with my blanket and laid down, facing the girl. Whoever that person is that cheated on her is missing out. After getting to know Sica, my accusations were right. She really is a nice person deep down inside.

 

As I laid there, I studied her facial features for what seemed like forever before I decided to pass out.

 

Man… what a day.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know Tiffany's birthday was a week ago! T^T huhu… don't hurt me.

& mianhae if it says I update like every 2 minutes.. I see flaws here and there in my chapters so I often correct them. :c

aiiiish. anyway~ thank you for supporting & liking my story. :)

please do comment and subscribe <3 any feedback is a-ok. c:

until next time, bye-bye. ^^