Meeting You

Realizing

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I spent another fun day with my best friend, Tiffany. We walked around and did things that most best friends do. I was sort of nervous, actually. It started a few years back when I realized I liked the latter. I never had the guts to ask her out, though.

 

I was scared of rejection so I just stuck with being just friends. We went to the park and I found an ice cream truck. "Fany! Look! An ice cream truck! ICE CREEEAM~" I shrieked. I chased down the truck while dragging Tiffany with me.

 

As we finally reached the truck, I asked for one chocolate ice cream cone and Fany the same. We ate our ice cream on a nearby bench.

 

We started chatting again about everything and anything until Fany looked shocked. So shocked, her ice cream was dripping in the blazing sun.

 

I was confused, so I followed the directions of her eyes and I landed on this girl. She was gorgeous, I'll admit, but my feelings already belonged to Tiffany so I wasn't affected that much.

 

Tiffany suddenly screamed and I was completely startled that I dropped my ice cream. I turned back to look at her and she was practically spazzing out and I was REALLY confused. "Jessi! Jessi! Over here!" she yelped. The girl I saw before turned to look in our direction and started walking towards us.

 

Tiffany got up and didn't wait for the girl to walk to us. She ran to this supposed "Jessi" and hugged her tight. I was a bit jealous. I got up and walked towards the hugging duo. I could see Jessi turning blue because Fany was hugging her tight so I politely interrupted.

 

"Fany… I don't think she can breathe.." I said.

 

As soon as Fany realized it, she released the poor girl who was still trying to catch some air. I giggled. "Okay! Tae-Tae, this is my friend, Jessi!" she hugged the girl around the waist while not looking away from me. Fany looked like she was proud of this Jessi girl, like she was some trophy.

 

Despite my rising jealousy, I put my hand in front of her. "Hi, nice to meet you."

 

She looked at me like I was a lame figurine. Despite her flawless looks, she seems like a really cold person. She didn't take my hand but instead just stared at me with an unmoving glare. Fany was oblivious and was still hugging her.

 

I coughed awkwardly and retreated my hand. Despite her cold aura, I feel like she's nice on the inside. I should get to know her. Fany interrupted my thoughts and said, "Jessi! Don't be like that~ At least say hi." I was pretty sure the girl was uncomfortable so I cut her off, "No it's okay, Fany-ah. I'm sure Jesshi's just shy to new people."

 

The first time I heard her speak surprised me. "What'd you call me?" she said. I panicked. Did I say something wrong? Did I offend her? Oh gosh.. what do I do?! "H-huh?" I stuttered.

 

"You called me.. Jesshi? There's no 'sh' in my name." she exclaimed. I was still in panic mode. Her voice was like ice cream to my brain. BRAIN FREEZE. "S-sorry.. Jes..Jesshi.. Jess… Jesssshhii.." I wanted to fall over and crawl away. I couldn't pronounce her name correctly! I felt apologetic and couldn't bring myself to look into her eyes.

 

"It's okay. I don't really care. My name's Jessica, just so you know." she said. I finally mustered up the courage to look at her. Her glare didn't change at all and I felt my knees giving out. "Jes..Jesshika." I guess she felt annoyed because she clicked her tongue.

 

I brought my head down again because I was embarrassed I couldn't even get her name right. I'm sure she was a really nice girl and I felt bad not pronouncing a simple name. Fany interrupted again but instead, it was her phone.

 

She picked it up and furrowed her eyebrows mid-way of her phone call. I figured it wasn't good news. After she hung up, I felt like being a nosy-cat and so I asked what was wrong. "Leo needs help driving him to work. Him and his habit of forgetting to put gas in his car… ugh. I'll see you tomorrow then, you two!" and with that, she skedaddled away.

 

I honestly was quite nervous because I was left alone with a girl I barely knew. Yet, I was determined to become friends with her, whether she liked it or not. "So… are you busy? We should go grab lunch."

 

She turned around to look at me. "No, thank you. I'm not hungry." Right after that, her tummy growled. I chuckled as I saw her face flush. "Looks like you are… come on, I know of a small shop nearby." I took her hand with me and, like Tiffany, dragged her away.

 

 

 

I sat there staring at her as she ate her caesar salad. I find it amusing just to stare at her. Because of my ice cream, that I didn't really finish, I had a small sandwich and was now sipping on my orange juice.

 

Every time she'd notice me looking somewhere in her direction, she'd look at me, but I'd straight away divert my attention to the oh-so-fascinating fizzy drink she ordered. "I know you keep staring at me," she said cooly.

 

Too cool for me, I guess. I choked on my juice. "W-what?" She would ignore my question and go back to eating. This girl is honestly… I sighed as I slowly looked back at her. Her figure sparks my interest, that's all. Don't think I'm cheating on Tiffany! I would never! I immediately put my hand over my heart with a determined look.

 

Jessica looked at me like I was crazy. Because of that, I looked back at her and giggled. "What?" she asked. I picked up my napkin and wiped the side of her lip. "You had some salad dressing on your lip. I got it off, though."

 

She was a little taken aback but immediately took a calm posture. "Thank you."

 

This girl is really mysterious. I really want to be friends with her… but she seems like a real tough nut to crack. Despite that, I figured it was worth it. "No problem." I replied. I didn't forget to smile, either. Again, she dismissed it and continued eating. I grunted. She's really something.

 

I didn't want things to be awkward so I decided to bring up a conversation. "So… what are you doing?" I asked.

 

"…Eating?" she replied. She's probably thinking I'm really dumb, considering I was sitting right in front of her. I mentally face-palmed myself. Of course, I should've known that! Stupid me! "Oh y-yeah… right." I chuckled nervously.

 

I felt sweaty. I didn't know it was this hard to talk to someone. Even though, I still didn't want to give up. I guess I'll have to be straightforward.

 

"You're scary… but let's be friends!" I said. Again, I smiled. She looked up from eating her salad and looked at me pokerfaced. We stayed like that for a while… me as a smiling lunatic and her as someone who looked indifferent.

 

"No." she replied. Before I could argue, she stood up. "I'll pay. Thanks for lunch." I reluctantly allowed her to pay for our lunch and together, we walked out. More like she walked out and I followed like a lost puppy.

 

She started walking away and I didn't want this chance to slip. I ran behind her and grabbed her wrist. She swung around and honestly, her hair flipping to the side was glorious. It was like moving in slow-motion for me, but I got out of my trance fast.

 

"Can we please be friends?" I asked. I looked at her with the cutest puppy dog eyes I could muster. She again looked at me with a deadpan expression. I was one step away from punching that look right off her face but I controlled the urge.

 

"….No." I stood there dumbfounded as she walked away from me. On the outside, I didn't want to see her again because she seemed like a really mean person. But on the inside… to me, she seemed interesting. And I have all intentions of getting her to accept me.

 

Just you wait and see… Jesshika-- oh my god… I STILL CAN'T SAY IT!!

 

And so, poor little Taeyeon spent the next 2 hours perfecting Jessica's name. Oh joy.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

First chapter of my first on-going story... yipee! ^^

hope you like it <3

Feel free to give me feedback. I'll gladly accept it <3