Hostages: I

Enemies

   Youngjae woke up tied up on a chair, unable to move any of his limbs, pain all through his body and his head dizzy. He sighed and blinked several times, furrowing his eyebrows when all he got was darkness surrounding him. Even if he was blindfolded, he was quite certain he was kept inside a close room, musty smell permeating the whole place, no windows since there wasn't any air stream flowing or the warmth of sunlight.

He tried again to move his hands, hissing in pain but did not stop. He needed to get out here, he needed to get to Zelo, make sure the boy was okay, that he was alive!

   “! !! !” he screamed in frustration, biting hard his lower lip, thinking something to run away from that place, but nothing. His body shivered as tears fell from his eyes through his scraped cheeks from impotence.

 

   He stayed like that for hours, his slow breathing the only sound in the cold room. Youngjae suspected they had information about them, the same way the government's force had files about the rebels but he didn't know yet how he was caught so fast, hostages were never taken, there was no record about any incident like that before.

   “There's not any picture of me!! Nothing about my appearance was told to the media, therefore the citizens or anybody. EVERYBODY THINKS I'M A WRINKLED OLD MAN!!” he growled with huff “How did they know...how did they know...” and then, the light inside his head “ They..they have someone undercover...” 

Youngjae fell silent and lifted his head even when he couldn't see as the metallic sound of a door being opened echoed through the quiet place.

 

   “He's awake” steps got closer and his body tensed as foreign hands started touching his body over the clothes “ Don't move! You idiot, stop moving! Yah!!” Youngjae stopped when the guy pressed over his shoulder hard, making him hiss in pain. “ He's bleeding, some open wounds but nothing big, noona should also check his wrists, they don't look good.”

 

   “Take him up when he's done.” a deep voice commanded and then the door closed. Youngjae was forced to stand up once he was separated from the chair although his hands kept handcuffed. He waited patiently as his only companion now removed the blindfold. He blinked a few times, trying to focus his sight on the face he had in front, recording every detail for when he would be able to get out: plump lips, tan skin, birth mark, dark brown eyes. His eyes widened a little in surprise, pupils dilating for a brief moment. That guy was...really good looking. But that fact didn't change anything.

 

   “Like what you see?” a smirk appeared in his abductor's face as he spoke although it didn't change the look of disgust in his eyes.

 

   Youngjae tilted his head and bit his tongue to stop a very snarky comment from leaving his mouth, he knew when to shut up if he wanted to live at least some hours more.

Daehyun noticed the other's swollen red eyes and decided to leave the tease for later. After all he did have the will to protect Junhong.

 

   “C'me on.” He opened the door and let Youngjae lead all the way, telling him where to go when there were multiple corridors and doors until they came to the main block that connected the halls, old wooden stairs linking the several floors. Daehyun signaled him to go down, every step Youngjae gave sent shivers of pain from his left leg through his whole body, however Daehyun didn't say anything and kept the slow pace behind him.

   

   The young scientist was certain the tan man, and probably for his accent not from Seoul, was studying him. Youngjae felt he was not the only one surprised by the recent incidents. They stopped in front of a little white door and Daehyun knocked softly and someone walked to them. The door opened and a beautiful lady with a white coat appeared, Youngjae bowed down by instinct as she was a member of his team and blushed afterward for his mistake, astonishing her who looked at Daehyun confused.

   “It's him?” The boy just nodded and the three of them moved to a near room. It was cold and everything was white, a small bed, a desk with a chair, a sink and some medical equipment was everything the extremely tiny room had.

 

   “Strip and lie down on the bed” Youngjae looked at her as she prepared what she was going to need. He wanted to believe she knew what she was doing. And then he stared the young man who brought him here. He didn't want an audience when he was almost about to get .    

 

   “Could you go out?”

 

   “I'm not leaving you alone with her” although she could make him bite the floor in matter of seconds but he preferred not to say that.

 

   “I am not going to do anything to her”

 

   “I don't trust you” he confessed. Actually nobody in that building wanted Youngjae unless he was dead.

 

   “I don't hit women.... or anybody, actually” he firmly stated before adding with a low voice “not like someone I know...”

 

   “I heard you, prettyface” then he turned to the curvy female “Don't hit him too hard if he tries something. Bang wants to talk to this bastard.”

 

Hyosung smiled and Daehyun sat relaxed on the chair, legs wide spread, and narrowed his eyes staring intently at the other with a cocky smile plastered on his face. Youngjae started undressing himself as fast as his hurt limbs let him, sighing when he finally took the dirty jacket off.

 

   “Daehyun, help him. I don't want to die from waiting.”

 

  Daehyun tsked as he got up and closed distance, making Youngjae uncomfortable.

 

   “Stretch your arms and bend a little.” Youngjae did as told and Daehyun grabbed the hems of the sleeves and pulled the shirt towards him, the piece of cloth leaving his body and revealing milky skin. His body, slightly toned, surprised Daehyun although he covered it pretending to look the other's bruises and then teasing him. He came near again and asked “You need help with this too?” he asked, breathing into Youngjae's ear, moving his hands to the hem of the jeans, his fingers already playing with the button and zipper”

 

“ I can do that, thank you.” Youngjae replied and cut Daehyun before began talking once more. “Yes, I'm sure. Now move.”

 

Daehyun chuckled and moved even closer until his clothed chest touched the bare one, staring darkly at Youngjae. “You are a bit demandin', aren't you? Are you always like that, princess?”

 

   “Could you stop your oh-non-homoual moment please?” The snarky comment stopped Youngjae's sharp tongue before replying something that could earn him a few punches. Daehyun went back to the chair as Youngjae removed his shoes and jeans and lay on the single bed. Hyosung started checking every millimeter of his body making Youngjae feel self-conscious as she took some notes after cleaning and healing his wounds.

 

   “If he's still alive after talking to Bang...bring him to me,'kay?”

 

   “No promises, noona.”

 

   “Leave, he must be waiting.”

 

 

    If going down the stairs was a torture for Youngjae, going up was the way to Hell. He was in pain, tired and exhausted, and being in the nursery didn't make it any better. He was being observed in a vulnerable position and even he knew the young lady did her best it didn't erased the hurt from his muscles and limbs.

They walked until they reached a new door, Daehyun knocked and opened it before a reply was given. As Youngjae entered, all people inside the room turned to look at him. Everything was pretty clean, the men sitting there included for his astonishment. He expected some kind of angry citizens angry with the system, full of dirt and poor not what he had in front of him. Daehyun pushed him and forced him to stand in the middle as he moved and took a seat next to a young teen. All of them were pretty young, only a few old faces there. Youngjae restrained himself from changing his weight from one leg to another, making obvious his discomfort to all the hating glares.

 

He stared at a black haired man when his deep, dark voice broke the silence in the place.

 

   “What's your name?”

 

***

 

24 hours before....

 

   “Hyung...hyung....hyung~...Youngjae hyung~.....hyung....”

 

   “What Zelo? What?”

 

   “ Do we really need to be here, hyung? I don't want to...”

 

   “Yeah, we do.”

 

   Youngjae agreed with Zelo, he didn't want to be there either but they needed to try their new weapon there. They have practiced on a small scale inside the lab but the real thing was a different story.

The phone rang and Youngjae let Zelo pick it, typing some codes into the computer. The place despise being small was well equipped with the basics Youngjae requested and just a few of his coworkers plus the tall boy.

 

   “Hyung, it's for you. Himchan.”

 

   Youngjae grabbed it and exchanged some orders with him and then hang off.

 

   “Okay, everyone to your positions.”

 

   His colleagues started giving him information and the count down began.

 

   '3 , 2, 1'

 

   Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, all of them looked at each other and then at him.

   

   “Hyung...”Zelo's soft voice broke the silence before the phone rang again. The young teen stood up and took it.

 

   “Youngjae says not to get near it.”

 

   The rest of scientists stared at Zelo but Youngjae ignored him despise the tall boy was talking in his behalf even he said no word. The feeling of disappointment stood there for a while before the roar from the explosion reached them, the floor underneath them shaking and then calm again.

Zelo watched through the screen as some soldiers and more army guys went out side observing with a satisfied smile the results and the cheers started between the scientists. He did not want to see the output when that would be used with people. The memory of Jongup laid on the nursery bed barely breathing hit him and he gasped, to focus became a difficult task suddenly. He never asked Youngjae how he felt about it, how could go to sleep knowing his inventions were killing dozens of people when they were used. It may seem silly but Zelo never actually thought about asking him. Youngjae was a charming man who cared about him,understanding him in a deeper level than Yongguk himself and it scared him when he found out Youngjae was not an undercover ally as he believed at the beginning but still he was Youngjae. He tried to hate him when he discovered the eldest was the scientist the government was so proud about but he couldn't feel anything beside huge affection towards him. Zelo couldn't forget when Younjae made him move with him to his place and how, when the cries and the nightmares overcame him, Youngjae would knock the door waiting for a breathy 'come in' between sobs and crouch next to him and hold him tight after, listening to him or just sharing silence. They shared something that Zelo couldn't point out clearly and that worried him.

 

Screams and shots made him focus again on the screen. People stained in black moved fast and quick, fighting against the very first person they encountered. There was and obvious difference between and the government's soldiers but this time they had the surprise factor and indeed it worked. Zelo could distinguish some familiar faces but when Jongup's face appeared on the screen, even if it was difficult to identify him despise his style of fight, a his lips twitched upwards in a soft smile. Maybe it was time to go back home.

 

The scientists changed their expressions from happiness to pure fear as they were witnesses of the destruction happening outside. Zelo almost fell when Youngjae hit him and then realized he was giving him a gun. Zelo looked at him afraid and surprised, mixed feelings boiling in his stomach as he was getting strangely nervous. Youngjae stared at him intently.

 

   “If someone enters and you don't know him, shoot.”

 

   “W-what if he is-”

 

   “Not know him, shoot” he said again. Zelo nodded and Youngjae moved him behind his back, using himself as a shield to protect Zelo.

 

Sooner than later, some rebels kicked down the door and shot like crazy, some armed scientist shot back but still the skills' difference was too wide but Zelo didn't expect Youngjae to push him to the ground and start shooting like a pro. Five more guys entered and were easily taken down and Youngjae hid with Zelo again.

 

   “!” the young boy stared at him worried and pissed off “I'm run out of bullets. What a crappy gun with no bullets!! Seriously! What were thinking when they gave them to us!?”

 

    Zelo looked up and watched the screens, the rebellion was taking the territory. The door slammed open and both guys looked at each other with concerned, Youngjae put his finger over his mouth reminding Zelo to keep silent. The steps got closer and everyone still breathing tensed. They got the reflection of the guy from the screen but it was a double-edged sword since he saw them too. As quick as he could, Youngjae pushed Zelo far away when the rebel shoot at them. Youngjae screamed in pain when he was reached by a bullet and with all his remaining strength got up and pointed at him with his weapon.

   Zelo squirmed with actual fear despise he knew the guy pointing the gun at Youngjae, he was Daehyun hyung. Even if he knew he would not hurt him, he still didn't want Daehyun to kill the young scientist. He was aware Youngjae did not have bullets anymore but yet he was trying to make the act-after living with him Zelo knew Youngjae could be a perfect actor, even more if it had pranks. They stood like that staring at each other for a few seconds until a thud got their attention and then Daehyun was thrown to the floor by one of Youngjae's mates who tried to take the gun away from Daehyun but he failed and the shot's sound fill the place. Quickly, Daehyun pushed the corpse off of him and pointed once again to Youngjae, this time with an angry look in his eyes.

Zelo saw everything in slow motion as he got up and ran towards Youngjae who raised again his gun. “Don't kill him!”

Both guys looked at him with surprised expressions and Youngjae moved fast to put Zelo behind him but he could never do it.

 

Everything went dark.

 

***

 

    “What's your name?” it was a question but came out more like an order.

 

   “Yoo Youngjae” and as soon he replied the place was filled with whispers and murmurs. Youngjae looked at their faces in confusion. They already knew who he was, why getting all surprised now? “ And yours?”

The young man ignored his question and kept silent for a few minutes as the fuss around him kept going.

 

   “What's your position inside the government's force?

Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows. They should already know this if his theory was right,

 

   “You already know so stop asking questions to which you already know the answer” he replied in annoyance.

 

   “You should show respect to your elders, brat” a chubby man barked. Looking up and down at him, Youngjae scoffed and focused again on the guy asking the questions.

 

   “One does not deserve respect only for age...hyung.”

 

    Yongguk threw a scary but somehow pleased grin at him. He couldn't agree more with Youngjae. The interview continued, he asking questions and Youngjae giving lazy answers. All his suspicions since Junhong's shocking information were coming true, not only the fact of Youngjae's young age and being the lab's head -something that shocked most of them- but also his hypothesis about who his parents were was getting a solid foundation. After other moment of silence, he asked everyone there to leave. Once they were out, Yongguk stood up and calmly walk to him, invading his personal space.

 

    “You're goin' to stay here for a few days. Nobody besides those who were here know who you actually are, mister scientist, but those who weren't inside aren't idiots so I kindly suggest you not to open your mouth, clear?” He stated darkly and waited for a nod, not skipping the irked look on Youngjae's eyes. When he nodded, Youngguk moved his head, pointing with his chin at something and Youngjae turned a bit to realize the young man who brought him here was still there, waiting against the door. “ Daehyun doesn't like baby sittin', don't play with his patience. Leave his side, and you'll get a bullet between your eyebrows, gotcha?”

 

   Youngjae stared again to Daehyun and his cocky smirk. Now his survival depended on that bastard. Youngjae nodded again and moved closer to Daehyun without giving his back to Yongguk until he was at a safe distance, and then both were out.

 

***

 

 

Lilmonster's note:

I'm sorry it took so long and still I couldn't write all what I wanted. New country, new language, new classes, no internet and now I'm sick. Yay!

Anyways, thank you for the new subscribers, you guys are rad! <3 Let me know what you think so far and details I can improve, please.

As always any mistake is my fault.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)