21

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four days passed in a jiff, still with our regular activities. EXO has finally finished copying our notes two days ago; therefore we haven’t had another proper gathering with each other because of our busy schedules.

Today is Friday and my last subject was Economics. I sighed and massaged my shoulders lightly, hoping the pain because of sitting too long would go away. But I guess it might take awhile before it vanished.

It’s not like I don’t like Economics. I like every subject in this school, but due to the pain in my shoulder that felt like hell, I hate it. For today.

Our Economics teacher walked into our class with his poker face when the bell rang five minutes ago. His name is Hwang Sanghyuk, living in his mid thirties with a strong appearance; sharp jaw line, small eyes and white skin.

Now I look like a creeper, don’t I?

Nah, I’m just used to scan the teacher’s features so I could remember them easily. Like this for example; Mr. Hwang’s distinctive feature is his small eyes, making him look like he’s Chinese, but actually he’s full Korean. Or should I try Mrs. Gong? Mrs. Gong has lots of wrinkles near her lips, making her look old, but actually she’s still forty years old.

See? Told you I was weird.

Now back to the main story; Mr. Hwang walked in ‘coolly’ and he placed his belongings on top of his desk abruptly, making a loud bump on the table and that made the whole class shut up. Finally they’re silent.

“Hello again, class,” Mr. Hwang greeted us cheerfully.

No kidding, but I really like Mr. Hwang because of his character. He goes easy on us when studying and he doesn’t give that much of homework that other teachers usually do. Plus, we’ve got a lot of free time from him.

All of us greeted him back and I crossed my fingers, hoping he would give us free time. My head is full of neither words that I’ve got from the social studies’ class that I even don’t understand nor want to know why I should study that.

“As you can see, I’m in a hurry,” he said, making the students held their breath in excitement for a mere second. “So you could have free time, but you have to be silent. I will be back five minutes before the subject ends.”

Everyone nodded their heads happily and Mr. Hwang flashed us a slight smile before he ran out from class, doing his own ‘business’ and leaving the excited students alone in the classroom.

In an instant, everyone quickly changed their seats to talk to their friends or just talk with their desk partner. When I looked to my right side, I noticed that my desk partner had already moved somewhere to talk with her friend.

Oh well, my misfortune then.

Not having someone to talk to, I decided to just write down my ideas on my notebook, like plans in the future or some random drawings that looked like scribbles.

About fifteen minutes later, the door opened with a thud and the students immediately went back to their seats. We noticed that the person who came is Mr. Woo.

Mr. Woo is a principal and our teacher as well—he teaches us literature, to be honest. He has a hefty body because of his military service (not going to be a creeper, that’s what I heard from the rumors), nearly-bald black hair, wrinkles, wears round glasses (you know the one that Harry uses in Harry Potter, right? Now that’s the glasses that I meant), and small mustache that’s placed above his lips.

I told you, I am NOT a creeper, okay? I just… happen… to… have a good memory… *sighs*

Anyways, Mr. Woo walked in with a stack of papers that’s placed on his left waist before he placed the papers down with a thud and looked at every student’s face attentively. Of course, the students avoided his gaze and pretended to look at the whiteboard.

“We have some announcement. So I will give you these announcement papers and read it now. If there are any questions, please don’t bother to ask,” Mr. Woo instructed before giving a few papers to the students in the front row to pass it to the other rows.

Once I’ve got my announcement paper from the front row, I quickly turned around to give the remaining paper left to the other rows before turning back and reading the announcement paper attentively. My eyes widened when I read it.

“School trip for five days and four nights?!” I whispered a yell in excitement and let out a low squeal. “Cool!! I am going to participate!”

“Mr. Woo,” I looked up when a female student called the principal. “Do we also need camping supplies or such?”

Mr. Woo shake his head. “No need. You’ll be living in a villa temporarily, so no need to bring camping supplies. This is just a school trip for relaxation, and this is also a good opportunity to bond with the other classes,” he explained.

“Sir,” Mr. Woo turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter