..2..

You're Not Late

“Spill it out.” Seohyun immediately ask once I bathed and was lying on my bed full of thoughts.

“Baekhyun told me he might be in love with me.” I answered truthfully. Seohyun jumped on the bed once I said that.

“Then?”

“I didn’t answer him.”

“Why??? You pabo!” She said flinching my forehead.

“What??? I was confused and shock for that sudden confess, okay?” She still continue to look at me with those eyes of hers.

“I don’t know how to answer him. You know my crush towards Chanyeol. Unnie, I don’t know what to do… Please help me.” I said putting my arm below my head and stare blankly at the ceiling.

“Let’s have a quiz. Answer it truthfully. Don’t get me to reason why yet. I’ll do it quick to see how you respond to it. Okay?” I answered her with a nod.

“Who is the first one you think of when you need help in EXO?”

“Baekhyun.”

“When you heard that we’re meeting EXO, who do you think of meeting first?”

“Baekhyun.”

“Who in EXO do you always think of?”

“Baekhyun.”

“Who do you like in EXO?”

“Baekhyun.” I answered straight forward. I did not even realize that I actually said it. I can’t believe I just say I like Baekhyun myself.

“See? It’s obvious that you’re in love with Baekhyun too.” Seohyun said smiling like a mad woman.

“B-but Ch-anyeol.”

“About Chanyeol, you only think of him as a crush and a friend. Nothing more.”

“Since when are you so professional in love matter?”

“Huh? I’m not sure.”

“So…. How’s life with Kyuhyun oppa?” I asked curious.

“Oppa? Good.” She said smiling.

“Anything more? Just good?”

“Kyuhyun oppa won this teddy bear for me just now.” Seohyun said showing me a cute teddy bear with a love on it.

The night went on with Seohyun telling me about her date with Kyuhyun…

 

“Why do I have to go to tuition?” I whined like a kid.

“Hinyoung. Stop whining and get going. We’ll be there a few minutes after.” Yuri unnie said pushing me out of the school classroom. The tuition is located near the school area at an upstairs shop. The other unnies have something to do. I was forced to go there first to inform the tuition teacher about it alone.

It’s been a few days since Valentine’s Day and the confession by Baekhyun. After rethinking about what Seohyun unnie said, I realize that I really like Baekhyun. It’s been a little awkward every time during lunch. And I’m planning to tell him my thoughts later. I told him to meet me at the café down the street.

Walking down the street slowly, I finally reached the tuition centre. I reached to open the iron gate. I heard some hissing sound. I look around but saw nothing. I ignored it and opened the metal door. There. On the stair way, a huge green snake is curled at the corner. Once he saw my presence, he immediately glided towards me. I took a step back but I tripped and fall.

*OH MY GOD!!! SNAKE!!!! GET OFF ME!*

I wanted to get up and run but the snake is already gliding up my legs. Tears of fears are forming. I wanted to shake my legs but I was scared it will bite me. It looks dangerous. I immediately shut my eyes tightly when I saw the snake opening his mouth wide. I waited for it to land on my leg but instead I heard a grunt. I open my eyes and saw Baekhyun leaning on the wall right beside me with snake bite marks on his arms. I rushed to his side and held his hand tightly. I even caught a glimpse of the snake gliding away. I couldn’t care less about the snake right now.

“Ar-e yo-u o-kay?” Baekhyun asked me between his panting. He is sweating a lot.

“PABO! WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME? LOOK AT YOURSELF!!” I shouted at him. He manage to break a smile.

“You should be worrying about yourself. Why did you do that? Why did you save me?” I asked tears falling.

“I just wanted you to be safe.” He said holding his arms. I saw the skin area near the bite marks started to turn purple.

“The snake is poisonous.” I bend myself slowly to his arms and out his poison. Being a St. John member, I was taught for this kind of incident.

“What are you doing- AGHHH!!” I spit out the poison blood.

“Saving you. Pabo. If I don’t, you might be in danger.”

“You really don’t have to- ARHHH!” I can really see Baekhyun in pain.

“SHHH… It’s going to be okay.” I smiled pushing his bangs up. His forehead is really sweaty. But he’s still as handsome as always.

*What am I thinking at a time like this?*

“Promise me you’re stay alive.” I said looking at him.

“I promise to stay alive for you.” He forced a smile and I blushed at the word ‘for you’.

*Did he really mean it?*

“I’m tired.” Baekhyun said. His eyelids are slowly getting tired.

“No. Baekhyun! Stay with me! Don’t sleep!” I shouted.

“I just wanted to say,… I—lo-ve y-ou.” He fainted.

“BAEKHYUN!! NOOO!!!” I put my palms on his cheeks and cup his face.

 “OH MY GOSH! WHAT HAPPENDED?” A girl shouted panicked and it’s Tiffany unnie.

“Unnie! Call the ambulance. Baekhyun got bitten by a snake, I assumed as a cobra by its type. It got away.”

“A cobra near the school area? I have to call the cops for this.” Yuri said taking out her phone from her pocket.

“I’ll call the ambulance.” Sunny said.

5 minutes later, an ambulance reached and Baekhyun was sent to the hospital. Only one of us gets to ride the ambulance so I went with him since the doctor said I need to check up too. I’m so worried about Baekhyun. Just staring at the nurses doing their work on Baekhyun hurts me. It really does.

/////////////////////////////

“You seems to be alright. You can go home now. By the way, your friend is just next door.” The doctor said and leaves the room.

“Thanks.” I walk out of the room and a nurse passed by saying…

“The patient next door is so handsome. It’s a pity that he passed away at this age.”

*WHAT??? PASSED AWAY??? It can’t be him right?* Tears are falling continuously.

*Baekhyun. Did you break your promise?* Sobs. I open the door to find Baekhyun lying there. I walk slowly towards him. Just staring at his flawless face hurt me more.

“Baekhyun… Wake up. Tell me it’s not too late.” I shake him. I gave up. He isn’t moving an inch. I put my forehead on my arms and lean on the hospital bed. I cried silently completely ignoring the world for good.

 

“You *sobs* said to stay alive *sobs* for me…” I said still not looking up. Just then, I felt a hand on my head.

“Silly girl. I did stay alive for you.” The weak voice said. I quickly sit up staring at him. Baekhyun. Lying there safe and alive. He’s even smiling at me.

“Baekhyun? Is it really you?” I asked touching his arms and forehead.

*This can’t be… I must be dreaming.* I said rubbing my stained eyes.

“Pinch me.” I said. Baekhyun gladly pinch me. Although he pinches me softly, it hurts.

“Ouch!”

*Omo. It hurts. I’m not dreaming!!!*

“BAEKHYUN!!! YOU’RE ALIVE!!!” I said hugging him tightly.

“Ouch. Sick patient here.” He said pointing at himself. I laughed.

*Baekhyun is back~* His arms was bandaged. A doctor walks in.

“Mr. Byun. You’re lucky that the poison was out on time if not… oh nevermind. It’s good to see you alive now.” The doctor walks away just like that.

“I thought you were dead. I heard a few nurses saying a patient here was dead.” A little tears forming.

“It wasn’t me.” He answered rubbing your tears away.

“Just promise me that you won’t do anything like this before.”

“I’ll see first.” He answered playfully. Just then, I caught him staring at me. I lean in and peck him softly on the lips. He looks surprised.

*Is it a right time to do such thing? Pabo me.*

“Is it a yes to the question I ask before?” He asked.

*What question? Oh~ I remember.*

“It’s not too late right? If you still want it-” I was silent by another kiss. But this time, it’s with more passion. I respond to the kiss but I pull back to take in some breath.

“YIPEE!!!” Baekhyun cheered. I could only just giggle. He hugged me.

///////////////////////////

AUTHOR’S P.O.V

Little did you know, your friends are watching outside. They were all grinning.

“Awww~ So lovely and cute.” Hyoyeon said amused.

*Hinyoung… It’s good to see you had found your Mr. Right. I’m truly happy for you. I guess I’m too late. I have always had a crush on you but I was too scared to ask. I hope Bacon will take good care of you.*

*Silly Hinyoung. You’re never late. I’m so happy.*

*Baekhyun oppa~ <3 Saranghae.*


Let me make it clear. The first thought is by Chanyeol, second one is Baekhyun and the last one is Hinyoung. Sad Chanyeollie. It’s okay. You’ll find someone better than Hinyoung for you. What do you think about this? I made this up when I thought about snake. A snake appeared out of nowhere in my neighborhood and this idea came up. Lol. Well, this is technically the worst one now... :-\